character face hud

Tsukune117

Ive been playing PZ since the demo and have always looked at all the room in the HUD. theirs so much i could fit the main menu in. ive also been staring at my character. even with the character customization, i still cant really see my characters face and thought of an idea. how about a split character customization for a profile pic style. a face display that appears on the bottom right of the screen a bit like doom. where you click on his head to select the injuries and character info instead of that box thing. its basically still using the info bar thing for your character but instead is a face of your character that you can customize before you start the game with a bit more detail. such as eye color, scars, beards, specific hair style etc. and the face would be an alert for any notifications connecting to your emoticon expressing. say he gets injured the face will alert the player to check there character info to see the injury. or when your character is cold he would shiver and shake etc.

i thinks its a smart idea to feel closer to your character and to add bling on your HUD instead of the profile info thing.

thanks for the reply's.

yes. but it wasnt resented to the actually character. say you make a face pic and you make your actual fuzzy guy. you could make he a her and keep the face a guy. but if you mean by the programming for what action he makes with what emotion does sound like a lot of work. but i think they could do it. i mean, im not going outside the box am i

Brilliant idea - it'd make the moodle system quicker to read. If something is really heavily affecting your character, you'll see it on your character's face indicator and look to the moodles to see what it is exactly. If it's not super important, you might be able to put it off... maybe.

It could even be helpful if it could be applied to the NPC system later on, if you end up in some sort of close dialogue mode you can try to read their expressions.

- Did they agree with your request/order?

- Are they bit/sick/pained?

Reading an NPC would be very helpful in figuring out if they're just fluffing you up to stea from/kill you. They did mention that they're gunning for a system as treacherous as Crusader Kings 2, yes?

Finally: Make it modable - people could probably make/install their own facepacks. I could even see some people taking some slides with webcams to add themselves into the game (or maybe making their own NPCs for Storybased stuff, depending on how all that goes).

As for difficulty of implementing such a system, I could imagine it could hook into the same lines as the moodles and just pretty much act as an indicator. Not too terribly complicated, but it could take some time (modders could go wild with it, only offer a few default presets to switch through). It wouldn't necessarily need to be actually animated - maybe do it as a .png file with referenced frames that can be swapped triggered by active/inactive moodle combinations. Kind of like some of those wierd Japanese dating simulator things.

The second you get the ability to make a custom player portrait that shows emotion as you run around, you just know someone's going to make a DoomGuy character :P

exactly

Brilliant idea - it'd make the moodle system quicker to read. If something is really heavily affecting your character, you'll see it on your character's face indicator and look to the moodles to see what it is exactly. If it's not super important, you might be able to put it off... maybe.

It could even be helpful if it could be applied to the NPC system later on, if you end up in some sort of close dialogue mode you can try to read their expressions.

- Did they agree with your request/order?

- Are they bit/sick/pained?

Reading an NPC would be very helpful in figuring out if they're just fluffing you up to stea from/kill you. They did mention that they're gunning for a system as treacherous as Crusader Kings 2, yes?

Finally: Make it modable - people could probably make/install their own facepacks. I could even see some people taking some slides with webcams to add themselves into the game (or maybe making their own NPCs for Storybased stuff, depending on how all that goes).

As for difficulty of implementing such a system, I could imagine it could hook into the same lines as the moodles and just pretty much act as an indicator. Not too terribly complicated, but it could take some time (modders could go wild with it, only offer a few default presets to switch through). It wouldn't necessarily need to be actually animated - maybe do it as a .png file with referenced frames that can be swapped triggered by active/inactive moodle combinations. Kind of like some of those wierd Japanese dating simulator things.

yes exactly. and sorry guys for not liking your comments. i cant like anymore. ran out

Amazing idea dude. Although it will take a while. To be honest ive never seen a suggestion on here that has been put in the game. could some people send me song links

Well just read the commonly suggested suggestions thread. All of those [y] parts are suggestions that will be brought to the game. Of course some of them have been thought by the design already, but it'll give you some direction.