NPC's Personality Changes Which Safehouses They Preffer

migulao

For example, if a NPC as the trait ''loner'' or ''survivalist'' (I don't know if some of these traits are in the NPC code, Im just assuming), they might preffer some place away from the city, like the cabin, or the north farm, and an NPC with the ''Brave'' trait would hae a higher chance to stay at a safehouse not completely barricaded, so that it would take less time to barricade it, but only if zombies don't go through the window and eat him, so their preferences arent always good, but in NPC groups, this might influence whetever a NPC wants to leave a group, thinking that going over to a certain location is suicide, while others will follow willingly.

There are so many more things that can be done with this personality system, ranging from simple things like which food they preffer (raises or lowers happiness), to something as huge as attempting (and failing) to clear out the zombie apocalypse with a shotgun and a buttload of shells, to learning to live amongst them, to even commit suicide to join them.

At first I thought that perhaps it could be very hard to determine the safety of places, but now that I think about it, you could possibly draw it from the zombie spawn map or one of the zone types.

Not a half bad idea! :D

Ever since I read the gamasutra post by Lemmy, I've been thinking all kinds of possible scenarios. It's really an ingenious system.

At first I thought that perhaps it could be very hard to determine the safety of places, but now that I think about it, you could possibly draw it from the zombie spawn map or one of the zone types.

Not a half bad idea! :D

Ever since I read the gamasutra post by Lemmy, I've been thinking all kinds of possible scenarios. It's really an ingenious system.

Thanks =D