The permanantes Injuries !

Lamenuit

The permanantes Injuries:

The idea is pretty simple. Being able to lose body members! This would reflect well an aspect of survival! Each scars, each member body would cut like a medal for surviving!

Especially since, if a player survival with a severed limb, leg etc.. This will make him a legend!

In addition, programmers can create new object as, crutches, prosthesis wooden hands or legs, or even a wheelchair!

It is obviously that a severed leg slow running, one arm will no longer take things with 2 hands etc..

There might also be some scars on the torso or head.

All of these injuries could have happened if you take too much damage at once. For example, if one of your members go directly critically injured, all of a sudden!

269854IdePZ4.png

Home we said, no arms, no chocolate!

Otherwise, I think amputations bring their lots of good and bad thing.

A player without leg Still can crawl very slowly, or will be very dependent on his friends (in multiplayer). But himself or his companions could build him a wheelchair. The player will go faster, can carry more things, but can not have access to stairs, and in the forest there will necessarily be slower.

A player with no arms can be grafted blades as a prosthesis. He can no longer wear anything or open doors, but it will be there for the defense of other players.

To which could be very fun, it is to pick up his cut body member and throw zombie for slow!

It is clear that a player without arms or without leg will be very vulnerable and dependent on other players. But it is also an aspect of the game that makes it so charming!

554653letudiantaeteagressealorsquiletait

316008images.jpg

445746walking331.jpg

Guys, getting a blade in your arm-stump would be almost imaginary. Why?

Bio-Material is really expensive, and most of it goes for LA, NY, etc. For important hospitals. I mean, how many material are you gonna find that is not bad for dismembered limbs? You're gonna say.. Wood..? Chips of wood could be taken down by corrosion, entering in your arm and could cut everything inside.

What about iron? It will rust with blood, and flailings will fall off, blocking your veins and artheries.

Now, the thing is, is it possible to make a set for a dismembered arm already bandaged? Yes, but if you think about it, we will not probably make it after getting dismembered.

Stopping the blood from a dismemberment is a really hard process, involving machinery, professional tools and many, many more things. For the legs, it would be even harder.

I am not trying to be a partypooper, but believe me. If any doctors that can make such process survive the outbreak, they will either be taken by the military for its own profit, or looking for a cure (wasting their time).

However, i think the game would be too boring if it would be realistic, so, why not supressing the difficulty of treating a dismemberment?

Guys, getting a blade in your arm-stump would be almost imaginary. Why?

Bio-Material is really expensive, and most of it goes for LA, NY, etc. For important hospitals. I mean, how many material are you gonna find that is not bad for dismembered limbs? You're gonna say.. Wood..? Chips of wood could be taken down by corrosion, entering in your arm and could cut everything inside.

What about iron? It will rust with blood, and flailings will fall off, blocking your veins and artheries.

Now, the thing is, is it possible to make a set for a dismembered arm already bandaged? Yes, but if you think about it, we will not probably make it after getting dismembered.

Stopping the blood from a dismemberment is a really hard process, involving machinery, professional tools and many, many more things. For the legs, it would be even harder.

I am not trying to be a partypooper, but believe me. If any doctors that can make such process survive the outbreak, they will either be taken by the military for its own profit, or looking for a cure (wasting their time).

However, i think the game would be too boring if it would be realistic, so, why not supressing the difficulty of treating a dismemberment?

But the average age of people came to live with coarse prosthesis. Or take the example of pirates.

Yes, I quite agree. You just need to simplify the task for a body limb torn.

Otherwise, it would have the tape players and treat at first the severed limb and trying to find a hôpitale with appropriate machinery to graft a prosthesis worthy of the name!

Well remember this is not exactly traumatic amputation necessarily. It could be done medically in more controlled environments and situations. If an arm is badly chewed up it might be necessary to cut away the destroyed part. It would be do-able by medics and doctors I suppose. With proper equipment mind-you. Not just any old fool with a butterknife.

It just depends on how/if the devs plan on approaching it. I do believe there will be 'doctors' and whatnot. The plot potential of such a role just makes it seem obvious to me on that level.

Well remember this is not exactly traumatic amputation necessarily. It could be done medically in more controlled environments and situations. If an arm is badly chewed up it might be necessary to cut away the destroyed part. It would be do-able by medics and doctors I suppose. With proper equipment mind-you. Not just any old fool with a butterknife.

It just depends on how/if the devs plan on approaching it. I do believe there will be 'doctors' and whatnot. The plot potential of such a role just makes it seem obvious to me on that level.

Yes, if we add as a medical profession, competence departure could be "Surgeon"> can cure serious injury twice with nothing.

After as stated ValueOfGravity should be left to the players the opportunity to tidy even the worst injuries. While respecting some care procedures, simplify.

The 'old fashioned' way would be fatal many times but not necessarily every time. Cut it open, break off the bone, burn it shut. Incredibly painful and most likely results in passing out, but it increases the likelihood of survival at least slightly. Also though any player made prosthetics would not work well, they would work better than nothing. Look at pirates' peg-legs, they did not work well and were essentially a layer of cushion attached to a stick, but hey, better than a stub right?

A player with no arms can be grafted blades as a prosthesis. He can no longer wear anything or open doors, but it will be there for the defense of other players.

You could still open doors, it would just be difficult and require both arms. Put a little grip-y parts on the stubs and use them like two fingers to open the door. Not easy or quick, but better than just being locked outside.

Indeed, there is more than one possibility to stay a minimum effective even without arms or without legs. Although reduced, the character could still try to cope.

But undoubtedly, it will still need outside help him make his prostheses or wheelchair.

May also have injury to the eyes. Without blind would reduce the field of vision. An injury to the ears without deafening, reduce the sounds around you.

NB: Competence "Chance" could reduce testing the% chance to have critical injuries, or getting cut a body member.

And conversely, the "unlucky" competence, increase the chance of having this type of injury.

But this is another topic.

I think it would be cool, but to be put as an option. Like, an option before start the game to make the injuries are permanent or just like we are playing now. Also by losing body part, you could grab a leg and fight with it as a weapon hahaha...

To which may be appropriate in permanent injury is to force players to make a choice when they are in groups.

For example, two friends go gallivanting and there for a reason, one of them is seriously injured and can not move. ankles were damaging, cut legs, a broken knee, in short for any reason, it can not get up. But it is still alive.

His friend will then make a decision, leave it where it is at risk it is done by eating zombies. Or carry bag, wholesale he would like a corpse zombie, but it will leave a large part of the objects he has.

In the first case, the surviving immobilized is left behind. He can not move but can still shoot, strike with a weapon, food or drink.

584581survivaltipsforprojectzomboid2.png

The second solution, the player take his friend in his inventory (on the back), but should drop everything. these cases and those of his friend. If the player carrying the wounded died in its inventory, the wounded automatically appears in the game, so sitting.

Obviously, he carries in espoire to save or heal.

380830survivaltipsforprojectzomboid.png

I can not see a situation where you would still be able to fight, but be unable to at least drag yourself though. I mean, it would not be fast, but you would not be completely immobilized. If you broke your back (for example) it would not be wise to drag yourself as you will cause even more damage, but it would be better than getting eaten by zombies.

Yes, I understand. Being paralyzed, gives a particularly tragic aspect to your situation. It is rather nice. Your friend went to get what you care, you are alone is vulnerable to danger can happen. Will you survive until his return!

Or conversely, it takes you to your camp, idle, unarmed Will there come?

I think this idea would apply especially in Multiplayer, which will be a real team spirit, and true links were created between players.