The random events!

Lamenuit

Hello everyone, I am new to your beautiful community of the living dead!

I love Project Zomboïde and I thought of a few ideas that I hope will please you?

(sorry for my bad english: p)

THE RANDOM EVENT :

puts the idea came to hear the pipers play, sound effects machine gun, airplane or helicopter go by. I said to myself, but why not make events that have to do with it. Let me explain:

You kill zombies, try to survive as much as you can and then you hear a noise ticket. As usual, you do not panic. Except that at the moment appears a red zone! And in this area, the second flowing!

The idea is pretty simple, the red zone indicated the point of impact (airplane, helicopter or other flying machines). The red circle indicates the impact that players receive the most damage! The triangles on the circle indicates the contoured areas where players will receive moderate damage.

Obviously, the most fun in this kind of situation is to see the flying vehicle crashing! This will also have the effect of stirring up zombies in a large area of ​​effect. This will destroy the décorts, house, land, etc. corpse. But this will lead to less servers, especially in multiplayer servers.

This kind of event are still very rare! execptionnel really! But some effect must be taken into account. A person with the lucky competence have more of a second to leave the area. In multiplayer, if players are in the same place as that "lucky" they also benefit from its second and more!

By against a player who has "unlucky" reduces seconds there was in the area, as well as all the players who are there!

875575projectzomboidide.jpg

The best part is that it can also apply to trains! Cars etc!

This would be the most beautiful effect a train passes you on fire! (If You are not crushed by it ...)

Or a car goes into a wall!

the ultimate benefit of this idea is to create events for players who are out of the ordinary! Players may be able to find in a single helicopter weapons (bazooka, machine gun etc) but they will have to act quickly, because the objects disappear in a few minutes with the debris on fire. Or in a car, a little more allowance!

Maybe even find a survivor who follows and aids? (if later, there are NPC)

922101ProjectZombodide2.jpg

367635ProjectZomboidide3.jpg

Thank you for reading!

Sounds a bit like overdoing, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure theres audience for "more action" mod etc, as there are ppl who want explosives and heavy weaponry. In vanilla, there could be randomly generated crash sites, though. That would be nice.

Say, yes, the idea is to work, it's on!

But we must not forget that this kind of Event remains very rare! And is mainly there to give more spice to situations!

And a point of view, management game Dismiss few batîments or dead, would ease the system, while maintaining a coherant game plays.

It is not about not giving too much more advantageous object, but really to give even more intensity and realism to situations that arise players!

After a helicopter that crashed, a runaway train, etc.. Can be quite realistic! Imagine conducting hélicopeter that zombified! Or the train driver or the car, which also become zombies! And voila, the accident then created. This is very logical and gives an even more oppressive environment!

Do not you think?

I think that the devs will add "events" when the NPCS are introduced, random crash sites would be a nice addition to the game also, forming the map as time goes by. Imagine a plane crash near Muldraugh whith 200 passangers all dead standing around the crashed plane, but there is a person stuck in the toilet that is alive... You either hurry and save them or just wait for the horde to move and loot the leftovers :D

Stuff like this I can imagine HOWEVER flashing red things on the map... no. Completely ruin the mood of the game and does not fit the overall picture. This is a horror/survival rpg not Starcraft Nuke time.. (if you get what i mean).

Nice ideas though! Keep them coming ^^ and welcome to the community!!

The flashing red area represents just the fact that our avatar way the danger coming.

As a matter of logic, we see far a plane crash or a train coming down on us. :P

And thank you very much for your welcome message!

True that, but more realistically speaking it would probably be the sound getting closer and a growing shadow on the land what you would see not some terminator flashing red lights :D you get what I mean.

The flashing red area represents just the fact that our avatar way the danger coming.

As a matter of logic, we see far a plane crash or a train coming down on us. :P

And thank you very much for your welcome message!

True that, but more realistically speaking it would probably be the sound getting closer and a growing shadow on the land what you would see not some terminator flashing red lights :D you get what I mean.

Ah yes! quite! Effectively with a shadow, or a sound that comes close would be very realistic!

I approve! But on the area of ​​effect, players should not they know how much space it takes? Or at least the number of seconds that their remaining.

Is that is on is that the skill "luck" and "bad luck" will take by important in this kind of event!

It is also quite possible to apply it to a variety of events (but still very rare), there may be many situations.

Large buildings that are no longer maintained might have a chance of collapse. Or, if too many zombie collect on a facade, it could collapse.

960492PZide6.png

It is also quite possible to apply it to a variety of events (but still very rare), there may be many situations.

Large buildings that are no longer maintained might have a chance of collapse. Or, if too many zombie collect on a facade, it could collapse.

960492PZide6.png

I like the idea of collapsing building, but I hate the part in which it tells us where it will fall, I mean, could you tell where it would fall? If it doesnt tell us, it will add to the tension, and possibly either kill the zombies, or you, and you just sit there, hoping that you won't be crushed.

960492PZide6.png

I like the idea of collapsing building, but I hate the part in which it tells us where it will fall, I mean, could you tell where it would fall? If it doesnt tell us, it will add to the tension, and possibly either kill the zombies, or you, and you just sit there, hoping that you won't be crushed.

At this moment, a graphical effect, whereby the wall cracks, with a noise indicating its brittleness. No red zone, and no indication is the player to watch.

When do you think?

960492PZide6.png

At this moment, a graphical effect, whereby the wall cracks, with a noise indicating its brittleness. No red zone, and no indication is the player to watch.

When do you think?

Me Likes

The most interesting with this kind of event is that you can make a multitude. Although this is very rare, there may be events that are quite realistic!

Imagine a dam which is no longer maintained! He ends up breaking! There, the city below to find flooded with a great wave! Your only way to survive, take refuge in a house!

You can also be taken away and survive the rising waters! But it would be fun to meet you at another location of the map, completely different! Maybe with zombies, which are also found with you ...

In terms of graphics, the water can happen very quickly go over the outline of houses and ask everything that is zombie and players. Each time the player encounters a wall, car or anything else, it takes damage defined.

348879PZide8.jpg

Finally, a last example of event that would be nice!

A tornado that can take you, or throw objects inflicting damage, but worse, zombies can project through the windows! Or perhaps even the doors. Creating undesirable attacks!

To survive! Hiding in buildings with less window glass!

591477PZide11.png

(I promise I'll stop after this one!)

Streets that collapse, it would produce only several months later. This would not be fatal to the player, but it could trip and fall. Tripping with zombies, could prove complicated ...

724825PZide12.png

Random sinkholes could be an interesting game mechanic after the put in basements/sewers and the like. Start with a very low chance of happening, but the chance goes up as time goes on (talking months here). Net result being the nice, wide open parking lots we take for granted when managing/fighting hordes are now covered in holes, limiting the player's options to manoeuvre, or serving as pitfalls to injure them. Or as seething, zombie filled pits that result in munching.

As far as indicators for disaster events go, the only one I can see being useful is the plane-going-down marker. It's natural to assume any aircraft crashing in PZ is going to be coming down hard and fast, so you'd have very little time to watch the shadow on the ground before impact (especially given the size of the screen). Really ramping up the doppler shift of the plane's engine noise as it's coming in, along with the player character muttering/thinking to themselves (floating text above the head) i,e: "It's coming right at me!", "Oh god, I'm too close", "Shit there it goes..." to give an indicator that the player is in or has left the impact zone could work well.

I dunno. I'd love to have aircraft going down and ploughing up parts of the map in PZ as a meta event, but it'd probably be best handled off screen for gameplay and programming reasons. Hell, it gives the player a reason to investigate parts of the map that would now be covered in zombies. Bushfires and localised flooding (i.e: The river swells up by a few metres) would also be good disaster events to put in, if the devs are so inclined.

See, know I'm wondering about how the player could USE lightning to their advantage. It's a stupid idea, I know. But it might be possible to set up a lightning-based firetrap. Get a hunk of metal to use as a lightning rod, stick it up a tree, connect a wire to the rod and loosely wind/drape it down through all the branches, taking care to make sure it doesn't connect with the ground. Pack blankets/kindling/combustible material around the wire and in the tree. With any luck, the chance of a lightning-induced forest fire just went up a bit.

Stupid, pointless, but technically possible I guess. And it's pretty much the only possible way lightning could be 'harnessed' in any realistic manner. That being said, making and mounting a lightning rod atop your grandiose wooden fort (that's in the middle of a wide open field) to stop lightning damage could be a nifty project.

Indeed, it would be difficult to recover energy from lightning in a survival situation.

But at least build a lightning rod, to avoid being electrocuted, or protect our homes would be pretty cool!

After why not install of fonts like lightning traps zombies! They lightning fall on them!

It's difficult to harness energy from lightning, period. So don't even think of using lightning to run an electrocution trap or something :P

That's why I suggested setting up something that's kinda an anti-lightning rod. It's basically a mildly sneaky method to set things on fire at long range. If you're very lucky. Lightning sets things on fire all the time, you're just trying to help it along a bit.

It's difficult to harness energy from lightning, period. So don't even think of using lightning to run an electrocution trap or something :P

That's why I suggested setting up something that's kinda an anti-lightning rod. It's basically a mildly sneaky method to set things on fire at long range. If you're very lucky. Lightning sets things on fire all the time, you're just trying to help it along a bit.

With the skill "Lucky", it would be nice if your system happens more often to the player.