New Dawn RP Server [Build 30] [RP] [whitelist] [PVP] [vanilla] [24 slots]

KarenB88

Hey, I am sorry if I didn't read all the thread (really didn't want to read 10 pages) and I don't want to make you nervous, tho I have to ask you some questions you probably answered before:

1. Is the server active?

2. Can I apply on the website or.. what else can I do?

Thanks and sorry for disturb.

Hey for the whitelist how many characters can you put yourself as. Whenever a character of mine dies i'm gonna wanna come back as another one! My roleplay style usually is the guy who dies quickly as well! 

If you've already been approved through the whitelist application system, you can at any time add additional characters simply by sending me or the other admins (right now it's just me, but new admins are added soon :) ) a PM with the same info covered as in the whitelist application, just with the new character.

Hey, I am sorry if I didn't read all the thread (really didn't want to read 10 pages) and I don't want to make you nervous, tho I have to ask you some questions you probably answered before:

1. Is the server active?

2. Can I apply on the website or.. what else can I do?

Thanks and sorry for disturb.

The server is still active, though right now we're experiencing whitelist issues, where new characters are not added for some reason. I'm working hard on fixing it, and will keep the main page updated on progress. In general you shouldn't have to read the whole thread, I will update the main page with info - I forgot to add the whitelist issue to the main page, though, I'll do that right away. :)

Hello!

I'd very much like to join you guys and gals, but I'm wondering

1. Is the issue of not adding new characters been fixed? (main page doesn't mention this, or I missed it at some point)

2. if I die (and I mostly die because of lag issues - annoying as hell - teleporting zeds) can you get a "ress" (not talking about all the skills, etc, just a fresh start with same name and pretend it never happened)

3. If so, is the "ress" process a complicated one (like having to wait for admins to respond or create new character) or is it a simple task I can do myself in no time?

Cheers, have fun !

Hello!

I'd very much like to join you guys and gals, but I'm wondering

1. Is the issue of not adding new characters been fixed? (main page doesn't mention this, or I missed it at some point)

2. if I die (and I mostly die because of lag issues - annoying as hell - teleporting zeds) can you get a "ress" (not talking about all the skills, etc, just a fresh start with same name and pretend it never happened)

3. If so, is the "ress" process a complicated one (like having to wait for admins to respond or create new character) or is it a simple task I can do myself in no time?

Cheers, have fun !

Hi Rocco :)

1. The whitelist issues have been solved now - Of course, just in time for me to get problems with my Steam account. I've recently added new admins to the server who will help getting applications approved while I am unable. :)

2. There is no forced permadeath on the server. You decide when and how your character dies. If you die from a game related incident, such as zombie bite or the like, you decide if you want to include it in your RP or if you want to load an old save and roleplay from there. Some players choose to go hardcore and include every incident in their RP, while others wish to decide more for themselves. Just make sure that your choices make sense in RP - You might miraculously survive that zombie bite once, but doing so 10 times doesn't hold up. Use common sense when deciding what to include in your RP, and what to discard. :)

3. You can do this all by yourself. Always have a backup of your character, and use this if your character dies - just exchange your previous save with the "dead" save, and you're good to go. Your approved character name and password is valid no matter what happens to your character, and so you should be able to just log right back in with this info.

Hope that helps!