New Dawn RP Server [Build 30] [RP] [whitelist] [PVP] [vanilla] [24 slots]

KarenB88

DareDunk, sorry to hear what happened, but I have to admit the whole thing also made me chuckle. :P

Do you still have trouble getting in? You shouldn't be banned.

As for resets, I've spent the last two days trying to figure how to do a soft reset with my server options and Fragnet has provided me with a method that I really hope will work!

First soft reset will be Tomorrow at 09 PM CEST, so make sure to backup your characters!

See the New Dawn Community Website for more information. :)

I don't have problems with connection to server :) i can start my adventure again ! :D i hope i will don't make a fire soup again.

Haha, great! Good luck!

But i have a question to you why won't you play with us ?

DareDunk, sorry to hear what happened, but I have to admit the whole thing also made me chuckle. :P

As for resets, I've spent the last two days trying to figure how to do a soft reset with my server options and Fragnet has provided me with a method that I really hope will work!

First soft reset will be Tomorrow at 09 PM CEST, so make sure to backup your characters!

I don't have problems with connection to server :) i can start my adventure again ! :D i hope i will don't make a fire soup again.

This whole soup adventure makes me think twice before leaving a microwave unattended  :-|

Haha, great! Good luck!

But i have a question to you why won't you play with us ?

I do! So very much, and I actually have a little bit! I created a character and played for about an hour the other day, not just to test what it's like to be a new player on the server, but with the intention of making a story with her. :)

There's just been a lot of fixes and tweaking as can be expected here in the beginning, and as soon as I have time I will definitely join you all, in-game and in character.

That being said, it's actually just as much fun being admin and seeing all the awesome stuff you guys are making with the server and forum as it is playing. :D

Had some problems getting online today. Was a simple 'Connection failed' message rather than a 'Server is currently full' one. Not sure if that was because I was making another character from the same IP to replace my 'Kevin A Rodriguez' (Though that shouldn't really be a problem, right?) or if the server was just down.

McCoy Town

The world is shattered.
People, civilizations and superpowers destroyed.
Undead monstrosities walk the once safe streets.
Yet we can rebuild...

A new home.
Free from the undead
Free from discrimination
Free from suffering and evil

Located Here. At the Lumber Mill: McCoy Town Location

Our Mission
- To rebuild a community, bringing in new people to expand the community.
- To destroy the undead, reclaim the lands back to the living.
- To protect the good people of McCoys
- To rid the world of bandits, thugs and evil.
- To create safe havens for survivors.

Contact Vincent Walker to become part of this town
(Mail me on here, or meet in-game.)

Seems the Server is down.

Anyways.

McCoy Town

So far

Walls are up and Safe.
Bar is built.
Temporary Living Quarters + Storage being built right now.
Next job is Gate and Watchtowers.

McCoy Town is looking for survivors.
-In need of someone to collect Logs and Saw into planks. (This will increase building production speed greatly.)
-Scavengers to hunt for supplies for the future. Food is Priority.

Joining the Community early and helping out its initial needs, means there will be a strong place for you in the future.

Ooh, so like, I play on the DayZRP whitelisted servers, and I have a character named Amy Strange who was a former psychiatric patient at a place called Seagate Psychiatrics.

Anyway, long story short, they did experiments on patients using inventive drugs, and the pharmaceutical company that helped concoct these drugs was called New Dawn.

So this server immediately caught my eye.

If you guys are still up, I would love to join!

Server resets every 2.5 hours. You can log straight back in.

It stops to much memory building up or something like that.

Ooh, so like, I play on the DayZRP whitelisted servers, and I have a character named Amy Strange who was a former psychiatric patient at a place called Seagate Psychiatrics.

Anyway, long story short, they did experiments on patients using inventive drugs, and the pharmaceutical company that helped concoct these drugs was called New Dawn.

Feel free to join up! Just type in the server details and go to the forums. Read the Rules, Introduce yourself. :)

Server resets every 2.5 hours. You can log straight back in.

It stops to much memory building up or something like that.

Feel free to join up! Just type in the server details and go to the forums. Read the Rules, Introduce yourself. :)

I totally did. Ran around with Jessica and Omar a bit. :D Was fun! I'll probably be hopping back on...

So far, I love the people I've come across. It's a fun experience.

But I've only come across like 3 zombies, and hardly ANY loot and I've gone far and wide. I understand that it's an apocalypse, and loot is going to be rare, just as it would IRL.

But it kinda makes it... dull to run around and find nothing, because everyone just hoards everything they find---and you're not allowed to take any. xD

The missing zombies is an issue I'm currently trying to fix. :)

Until I find out why they don't respawn on soft reset, and fix whatever causes it, they'll have to be spawned manually.

So right now I'm looking for new admins to help, amongst other things, respawn some zombies once in a while. Also to help out with other things on the server and forums. :)

The missing zombies is an issue I'm currently trying to fix. :)

Until I find out why they don't respawn on soft reset, and fix whatever causes it, they'll have to be spawned manually.

So right now I'm looking for new admins to help, amongst other things, respawn some zombies once in a while. Also to help out with other things on the server and forums. :)

Ahh, I see. It's good to know it's being considered and worked on though. I would gladly offer my time to help admin, but I've got a lot of stuff going on IRL that I just don't have time for moderator duties (which is one of the reasons I haven't applied to be staff for DayZRP).

However, if there are small things that you need that aren't time-consuming--like spawning in zombies--I would gladly offer my help. I've been a game-master for other gaming communities in the past, so I know how to deal with people (including trolls).

Anyway, I know it's hard to trust someone you don't know, but if you feel like taking a chance, let me know.

I've checked my game version, I've even deleted all files and done a fresh install, no matter what I do when I try to join it says my Lua files are not the same as the servers.

I had this problem once and reinstalling my game seemed to fix it, did you try that?

Can't join yet neither, I think it's because the server is down?

Might have been, sometimes the server randomly disconnects (a problem I'm working on fixing), but the server is set to restart automatically every 2,5 hours so if you can't log in wait a bit and then try again. :)

I just joined the server, and it seems fun. However - I'd just like to know how often soft resets are. The biggest server turn-off is when they do a surprise soft reset and I lose all my stockpiles. Since I'm either farming, scavenging, or dumping things into my stockpiles to make room in my bag for more scavenging, I don't tend to hoard important items on me so they survive resets.

Soft resets happen less than once a week. When one is due we will give you warnings a couple of days before on our forums.

Alright! Thank you. Also - I connected fine yesterday, but today all I've been getting is ID_CONNECTION_ATTEMPT_FAILED.

Server was/is having a hard reset. Or Memory is full and waiting to be restarted.