New Dawn RP Server [Build 30] [RP] [whitelist] [PVP] [vanilla] [24 slots]

KarenB88

Back at my compy - as I tried to connect as admin, I got the "hanging at connecting" error too. I've restartet it and now it seems to be working. Let me know if it's up for you as well. :)

I seem to keep switching between the "Connecting..." error and the downloading ports error, seems to be a different port every time, this time it's 16270.

I seem to also be having the same problem as Reblar. Is this because the games full of players?

I'm not sure what's causing this problem to be honest - it puzzles me because only some people are having it. I'll keep looking for a solution and post here if I find out anything.

EDIT: Just read Reblar's reply above, does this solution work for you Mr. Monkey?

The server is pretty full right now so it may still be difficult to get in.

I'll try it and thanks for your help :D

EDIT: Well. that seemed to have fixed my issues thanks :D

Updated the first post - I'm working on solving the issue where the server goes down while I'm sleeping and I can't restart it manually. Either I'll find a way for the server to do it automatically or I'll find someone in the other timezone who can restart it when I'm not there.

Can you add Bedford falls to the server?

I'll look into it. :)

EDIT: Might be a while before Bedford is added, as I got my hands full right now and I still need to look up a lot of things about adding it - like, will everyone need the mod or can it be just on client side, will it add lag, etc. I'll get back to it when I've taken care of some of the other things.

So hard to get in the server, always full. Can't say that's a bad thing long as it's all RP'ers, seen alot of random people with names with numbers in them and some guy got randomly killed yesterday. Is this up on the public server list or are people just not reading that it's a RP server?

I'm logging in from time to time on the server and kicking those whose names or conduct don't follow the rules. I also try to find out if they are new people who are open to RP but have missed the rules, so I can direct them there. If they refuse, it's a ban. I'm adding banning and kicking to the server rules soon.

Of course I can't monitor the server 24/7, so feel free to tell players who don't follow the rules that they should start doing so. Also, you're encouraged to log the names of any serious offenders - people who run around OOC all the time, and don't listen to advice on how to play here.

Karen just one more question.

When i mark a house with bag nobody can rob me while i'm offline ?

I think you should add mod with door locking if this mod even exist. :)

That's right - if they rob you while you're offline, they're breaking the rules. If you find out who did it I'll swing the banhammer. I'm also working on how to compensate for illegally stolen stuff - probably through player screenshot evidence.

Love the server very fun great people. I just have one question when will this server be reset? Or will the loot or zombies re spawn? Thanks for hosting this server, also for getting more player spots.

Love the server very fun great people. I just have one question when will this server be reset? Or will the loot or zombies re spawn? Thanks for hosting this server, also for getting more player spots.

there is an ongoing discussion about loot respawn options on the website and sometimes in game at the moment. If you need gear there are small player hubs that might be able to help you. But there is still food and water about, I see it still when I do nail Hunts  ^_^

I'm sooooo dumb.

I wanted to make a soup but i burned house...

My crew will kill me.

oh wait i'm already dead...

So you were the body that was pulled from the burning building  :P

there is an ongoing discussion about loot respawn options on the website and sometimes in game at the moment. If you need gear there are small player hubs that might be able to help you. But there is still food and water about, I see it still when I do nail Hunts  ^_^

I'm sooooo dumb.

I wanted to make a soup but i burned house...

My crew will kill me.

oh wait i'm already dead...

So you were the body that was pulled from the burning building  :P

You came to me ? or somebody else ?

DareDunk, sorry to hear what happened, but I have to admit the whole thing also made me chuckle. :P

Do you still have trouble getting in? You shouldn't be banned.

As for resets, I've spent the last two days trying to figure how to do a soft reset with my server options and Fragnet has provided me with a method that I really hope will work!

First soft reset will be Tomorrow at 09 PM CEST, so make sure to backup your characters!

See the New Dawn Community Website for more information. :)

DareDunk, sorry to hear what happened, but I have to admit the whole thing also made me chuckle. :P

As for resets, I've spent the last two days trying to figure how to do a soft reset with my server options and Fragnet has provided me with a method that I really hope will work!

First soft reset will be Tomorrow at 09 PM CEST, so make sure to backup your characters!

I don't have problems with connection to server :) i can start my adventure again ! :D i hope i will don't make a fire soup again.

I don't have problems with connection to server :) i can start my adventure again ! :D i hope i will don't make a fire soup again.

Haha, great! Good luck!