New Dawn RP Server [Build 30] [RP] [whitelist] [PVP] [vanilla] [24 slots]

KarenB88

GO HERE: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12962-new-dawn-rp-server-build-30-hardcore-rp-whitelist-pvp-vanilla-24-slots/

_______________________________________________________________________________________

New Dawn - The Unofficial Project Zomboid Roleplaying Server

SERVER STATUS: OFFLINE - MOVING TO NEW SERVER

I've stepped down as head admin and instead left the site and server with admins SuperJack and Pann. Please go to the Community Website for more info.

The old server is now defunct and the new server will be up soon, with it's own topic here on the forums, and updated information on whitelisting, etc.

SERVER INFO

Name: New Dawn RP Server
IP: 46.253.196.200
Port:16261
Hosted by: Fragnet
Available Player Slots: 24
Version: Build 30

Public: No
Whitelist: Yes

New Dawn Community Webpage: http://newdawnrp.enjin.com/

_______________________________________________________________________________________

When the world ends, and monsters roam, humanity faces a choice, both bitterly poetic and terrifying in it's simplicity.

Either to capitulate and fall, or rise and fight.

It's a New Dawn, it's a New Day, It's a New Life.

...But just what kind of life?

The choice is yours.

As of 18/09/2014 the server is whitelisted! Please find the whitelist application form in the top menu bar at the New Dawn Community Website!

FEATURES:

- 24/7 Roleplaying server with regular maintenance and auto-restarts every hour.

- Feature-rich forum including sections for character bios, in-character messages and notices, and spaces for roleplaying outside of the game itself. Also includes non-roleplaying forums and an information forum with everything you need to enhance your Project Zomboid Roleplaying experience.

- Get involved! Join a player-established faction or start your own! Build your own bases, be part of the in-game societies or survive as a loner!

- We take the rules seriously and work hard to uphold them. We help new players get started and strike down on repeated offenders and deliberate OOC.

- Continuous updates and ETA's on maintenance and problem solving.

- Awesome community!

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:

- Creating a sticky thread in the information forum with tips and hints for new roleplayers, and explanations on roleplaying terminology (like OOC, RP, metagaming, etc.)

- Balancing the server (suggestions welcome)

- Adding some graphics to the forum, make it less generic.

- Storyline/Events

RULES

THIS IS AN RP SERVER - that means, upon creating your character and entering the server, you are required to act like that character at all times, interacting with the world and other people like your character would.

CHARACTER NAMES - Give your character a normal first name, preferably a last name too (but not required). Nicknames are okay too. Just as long as your character has an identifier that would make sense in the real world.
Names like Aragorn69 or R0FLC0pTAR are NOT allowed.
Badass assassin names like The Whisper, nicknames like Alyssa "AJ" Jameson (Or just AJ), and prefix names like Sgt. John Carpenter ARE allowed.
Famous names and names taken directly from media like Britney Spears or Rick Grimes are NOT allowed. You can base your character on an existing one if you wish, but come up with your own name.

HOUSE/BASE CLAIMING - You may claim a house and/or base as your own by putting a bag with your character's name in front of the entrance (ie, rename a duffelbag "Karen's House"). You cannot claim another players already claimed house/base. If your character dies or moves, please make sure to remove the bag to open the house/base to new players.

You are not allowed to claim a base in any of the following locations:
- Medical facilities
- Warehouses
- Weapon storages
- Any building/area with specialized loot.

This is to keep people from hoarding one kind of loot and keeping it for themselves, while blocking respawning loot for other players, and/or logging off with all of it and never returning.

If you're in doubt whether a location is an allowed spot for base building, either don't build there, or ask an admin who will then make a ruling.

GLOBAL AND LOCAL CHAT - Global chat is enabled. To speak In Character, write *r* in front of your message to indicate that you are using a radio.
To speak Out Of Character, write // in front of your text to indicate this. (You can also use brackets like (()) and [[]], or any way you like - as long as it is clear)

PVP AND RAIDING/STEALING - PVP is enabled, but with strict rules. The full PVP rules can be found here.

FIRE NOT ALLOWED - Until a better way of controlling fire within the game is implemented, starting a fire and letting it spread is not allowed. Campfires may still be used for cooking, as long as it is kept in control.

DEATH AND DYING
Permadeath is not enforced on the server, and you are always free to load a character save if your character gets accidentally killed off. This Open Death Policy requires players to use common sense when dealing with the subject of death. Death is still a very real thing in RP, and all character resurrections are strictly OOC. Likewise, you can't force any other character to permadie, and you are not allowed to use it as a way to powergame. Powergaming includes miraculously returning from death on several occasions, roleplaying invincibility, and misusing game mechanics for own gain.

PEOPLE OF ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME! - Never played Project Zomboid before? No problem! First time roleplaying? Don't worry! As long as you adhere to the server and forum rules, you're as welcome as any seasoned player. Roleplaying is not very difficult and a lot of fun to do and learn. Bonus points if you learn your way about the game through roleplaying.
Experienced players are encouraged to help newbies learn their way around. Remember, you were once like them.

BE NICE - Goes without saying, yet must be said. Don't be rude, don't be racist, don't be a creep. This game is meant to be enjoyed by all. Don't engage in or encourage RP that is not agreed upon by all parties - for instance, torture RP which the "victim" finds too brutal, and the like.

ADMIN HAS THE LAST WORD - My turf, my rules. You agree to this when you log in.

THERE WILL BE MAINTENANCE - The server has several admins which help keep the server and forum running optimally, and provide help to those who need it. Server downtime will be kept as minimal as possible, the server aiming to be running 24/7, and the New Dawn Community Webpage will be kept updated with estimations and info.

THERE WILL BE EVENTS - In time, if enough people show interest, there will be events and the main storyline will develop. With the help and suggestions of the players the world will expand, and offer something new at each turn.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: HAVE FUN! - Have fun and make sure to play in a way that only enhances the fun had by the people around you.

More information on the server rules, including unban petitions and what to do if you are a victim of rule-breaking, can be found on the New Dawn Community Webpage.

Feel free to post here or PM me directly with any questions or comments. :)

Hmm, don't know why that is. Are you having trouble still? I've had myself and other people connect succesfully. I'll try and see what might be causing it.

EDIT: Seems people can log in now, please let me know if you have problems.

Hmm, don't know why that is. Are you having trouble still? I've had myself and other people connect succesfully. I'll try and see what might be causing it.

EDIT: Seems people can log in now, please let me know if you have problems.

That problem seems resolved, but now I'm just stuck at "connecting..." until the end of time. I've waited ages and it still doesn't want to connect.

Edit: My friends having the same exact problem.

Unfortunately i cannot add more slots at the moment as can only afford 12 for the time being. :) if people donate i will be able to raise the available slots.

I am not at my computer right now but i will address all issues when i get home in a few hours. Sounds weird that its hanging on connecting...

Back at my compy - as I tried to connect as admin, I got the "hanging at connecting" error too. I've restartet it and now it seems to be working. Let me know if it's up for you as well. :)

I seem to keep switching between the "Connecting..." error and the downloading ports error, seems to be a different port every time, this time it's 16270.

Back at my compy - as I tried to connect as admin, I got the "hanging at connecting" error too. I've restartet it and now it seems to be working. Let me know if it's up for you as well. :)

I seem to keep switching between the "Connecting..." error and the downloading ports error, seems to be a different port every time, this time it's 16270.

I seem to also be having the same problem as Reblar. Is this because the games full of players?

I'm not sure what's causing this problem to be honest - it puzzles me because only some people are having it. I'll keep looking for a solution and post here if I find out anything.

EDIT: Just read Reblar's reply above, does this solution work for you Mr. Monkey?

The server is pretty full right now so it may still be difficult to get in.