Antibiotics, anti-zombie cure and research centre

brickgunner

Another thing is with the mechanic, it's so predictable, when you're zombified or not. No normal sickness after bite/scratch, no surprises, always the zombification. Even hypochondric trait can't cheat me, it's always clear, if you have a real sickness or not.

Sure it's (still) early access, but i fear, that the mechanic doesn't get an overhaul, when people are fine/don't mind/ care with it.

Personaly I don't mind the zombification mechanic.

Zombification is the bomb! The whole point is how long you can survive. With good care and food you can add a week or more to your survival, and that week may help you climb the top score!

Without zombification, I would not have those palm sweating moments where I go "oh god, a scratch! please please please not agony, not agony.... YES! Not infected!"

I agree it adds a lot of drama and nail biting moments after a scratch and I love it. But once I found out I am about to join the ranks of the Partially Deceased Syndrome sufferers, I grab all my gear put it in a box, grab a baseball bat, find the nearest horde and go out swinging. :mrgreen:

Sure, it's a drama. Try to eat against it, and you'll see, how ridiculous it is. Especially, if you have a large amount of food.

Another thing is with the mechanic, it's so predictable, when you're zombified or not. No normal sickness after bite/scratch, no surprises, always the zombification. Even hypochondric trait can't cheat me, it's always clear, if you have a real sickness or not.

Sure it's (still) early access, but i fear, that the mechanic doesn't get an overhaul, when people are fine/don't mind/ care with it.

Personaly I don't mind the zombification mechanic.

Zombification is the bomb! The whole point is how long you can survive. With good care and food you can add a week or more to your survival, and that week may help you climb the top score!

Without zombification, I would not have those palm sweating moments where I go "oh god, a scratch! please please please not agony, not agony.... YES! Not infected!"

I agree it adds a lot of drama and nail biting moments after a scratch and I love it. But once I found out I am about to join the ranks of the Partially Deceased Syndrome sufferers, I grab all my gear put it in a box, grab a baseball bat, find the nearest horde and go out swinging. :mrgreen:

Sure, it's a drama. Try to eat against it, and you'll see, how ridiculous it is. Especially, if you have a large amount of food.

I must admit I only tried it the first time I got infected, maybe I didn't have enough food, but I didn't last long. All the other encounters with zombification, I ended prematurely. By accepting my fate and going out in blaze of gory. (misspelling intended)

Edit:

Damn it, I thought I was being really clever, but that phrase already seems to exsist. :-(

Edited by Fluffy