talking character

Hellgatsu

as the first time i experienced the water and power shut off,i thought it would be nice if a balloon of text appears above my char to say something like "it seems that there s no more water" when trying to drink some water from a sink forexample.but also with other things,like farming for example,it would be useful to have some notifications of whats happening directly from our char.

Well how about when NPCs are in? Surely if you noticed the power was out at that point you wouldn't just be silent... Could be searching through a house and NPC goes to click a lightswitch on and says "Shit, looks like the power is out." leading to small "what now?" conversations.

Well how about when NPCs are in? Surely if you noticed the power was out at that point you wouldn't just be silent... Could be searching through a house and NPC goes to click a lightswitch on and says "Shit, looks like the power is out." leading to small "what now?" conversations.

I only agree about the NPCs part.

I only agree about the NPCs part.

Everything excluding the "what now" conversations? That was just a thing I really threw in the for no reason but you catch my drift: Improvising.

I don't particularly like this idea.  It would take away from the 'oh-crap' factor when you go to turn on the lights and nothing turns on. Giving warnings would mitigate some of the horror for me personally.

I also think it might just flatten the athmosphere. It feels more realistic if you don't overdo it.

It feels like it's really YOU trying to survive when your character doesnt talk by itself or do stuff you wouldnt do.

I don't particularly like this idea.  It would take away from the 'oh-crap' factor when you go to turn on the lights and nothing turns on. Giving warnings would mitigate some of the horror for me personally.

I also think it might just flatten the athmosphere. It feels more realistic if you don't overdo it.

It feels like it's really YOU trying to survive when your character doesnt talk by itself or do stuff you wouldnt do.

Mmm maybe you re right