Building Height for Future Cities

Since city-like areas of the map are currently being worked on by the devs, I have become curious as to how much of the city can be explored?

Navigating streets, alleys and ground-level buildings seems obvious, but what about the large apartments, office buildings and skyscrapers that a city would have?

Will we be able to explore 20-floor-or-more buildings? What will the height limit of the map be when these new areas are added to the map?

Will the introduction of the city also include the introduction of the promised underground portion of the map (sewers, subways, basements, etc.)

Note: I realize many of these features may be months away from being implemented, but since map expansion is one of the higher priorities, I think the devs should have the answers to these questions in mind.  If they do not wish to share this info to the public at this time, that is their choice and is perfectly fine.

Hey man, the Indie Stone plans on adding Louisville, in which is a pretty large city... Involving massive buildings. But to be honest, I don't think we'll see mega tall skyscrapers. Maybe 10 storied office buildings and what not. But, maybe we will have 20 stories to buildings. I would look forward to exploring there ^_^ . (And maybe when a horde is slowly proceeding to the top floor... SUICIDE JUM- Oh wait, we have sheet ropes... *SPLAT*)

They also are planning on sewers and basements and other stuff. That is on their "Do" lists. But, I'm not betting my cash that it'll be soon. :)

The engine supports around 16 or 17 levels (8 up, 7 or 8 down, plus ground)

Although this is somewhat speculation at this point because the citation is from an early post on the old forums

Doesn't currently support negative values currently (it just won't be rendered) -- that's why this

OrbYduN.png

is actually set at a Z height of 1 instead of 0. The ground below is actually at 0, allowing you to dig down.

The maximum height (might) currently might be 8, but I imagine it's just arbitrarily set to this for convenience: nothing in West Point/Marlborough is that high.

I'm sure it can be altered to accommodate larger buildings.

The engine supports around 16 or 17 levels (8 up, 7 or 8 down, plus ground)

Although this is somewhat speculation at this point because the citation is from an early post on the old forums

Doesn't currently support negative values currently (it just won't be rendered) -- that's why this

OrbYduN.png

is actually set at a Z height of 1 instead of 0. The ground below is actually at 0, allowing you to dig down.

The maximum height (might) currently might be 8, but I imagine it's just arbitrarily set to this for convenience: nothing in West Point/Marlborough is that high.

I'm sure it can be altered to accommodate larger buildings.

That sir, is weird (The pic). One day this basement stuff and all may be something that will exist, right?

i can't wait to be a tunnel rat, why travel by zombie infested road, when you can tunnel yourself to town. what a strain on manpower for a job like that, my luck finally dig up a place just to have  tons of zombies to greet me on the other side and make there way back to my SH as i run like hell. 

I always wondered about the "limit" on how high you could go or build or if there was any limit to begin with. that was one of my thing i wanted to do, was build a watchtower going up up up, i got to level 3 in the air. building stairs, alittle flooring then another set of stairs, my plan was to go as high as i could. starting from the ground(level0) was at lvl 3, had some flooring down, it was getting late and i had just a few more planks like 10 or 12. well you know where this is going, it got really dark and i fell off somewhere and died. I would have started another guy in the map, but at the time I diddnt know you could spawn another guy in your game, plus it dont feel the same either, since i like "my guy" lol

anyone else ever build a "watchtower"

Yeah I used to build walls I could patrol on. Not seeing the zombie attacks back then though. Might be different in the future so I am quite pleased with the whole thing. I do hope they give us a good hight for buildings too.

What is the current building height exactly? For my multiplayer town i plan on having a capital building and i want it to be four stories this is possible right?

The current max for the tools is 8 floors so that'd be ground, 6 floors and a roof.

What is the current building height exactly? For my multiplayer town i plan on having a capital building and i want it to be four stories this is possible right?

The current max for the tools is 8 floors so that'd be ground, 6 floors and a roof.

should be enough tbh

Archived