sleeping rough, improvised raid coat.

dwayne

I thought, depending on the location, you could lay on the ground for a power nap. while using what kit you have as ground sheets (news papers, magazines, clothing) and as a result of this you could be waking up cold, achy- slower, unhappy. waking up with some aches and pains, cold and miserable after an unexpected night out is better than dying trying to find a bed.

also, it would be cool to improvise the garbage bag into a top to help keep you dry when raining- seen homeless people do it for years. negatives for this could be more noise when moving, slower weapon/item change due to the over layer.

if this has been covered, my apologies -I'm new to this stuff

It's kinda unnecessary to do that, there are so many ways to sleep, you can break into a house and sleep in a bed, build a chair out of planks and nails from some nearby trees, make a tent out of sheets, tent pegs and sticks, it's just unnecessary. but nice first suggestion though.

I thought, depending on the location, you could lay on the ground for a power nap. while using what kit you have as ground sheets (news papers, magazines, clothing) and as a result of this you could be waking up cold, achy- slower, unhappy. waking up with some aches and pains, cold and miserable after an unexpected night out is better than dying trying to find a bed.

I think it's a very good suggestion. I tried to reflect this in my sleeping overhaul mod, where you were able to sleep on the floor or in bathtubs... maybe I should sit my ass down and update that mod :S

It's kinda unnecessary to do that

It might be unnecessary, but it surely does improve the "survival" roleplay aspect of the game IMO.

RoboMat, i didnt downloaded ur mod cuz i got the game via steam, my question is if you could solve that when u plan to update your mod when build 28 comes out. 

I rlly want to try it >.<"

@kinda unnecessary guy, every mod is unnecessary, but it's all about adding a bit more depth into the game to get a better inmersion feeling.

RoboMat, i didnt downloaded ur mod cuz i got the game via steam, my question is if you could solve that when u plan to update your mod when build 28 comes out. 

It should work with the current build 27 (without breaking anything). Pravus updated it recently:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/35-sleeping-overhaul-does-not-work-with-steam-ffs/?p=121015

being new to the game and my character exhausted from a day of running for his life i couldn't find a house or bed (on the woods lost) and was gutted i couldn't just lay down for a bit.

really enjoying the game though!

Yeah this is definitely needed something fiercely in vanilla, you can sleep anywhere in reality and in fact on the ground is better than in a chair yet a chair is viable.

I'd debate that, especially since you suppose that it's fact the ground is better than a chair for sleeping.

Anyone that has ever tried sleeping on their side on a reasonably flat, hard surface could probably agree that it is about the most painful position/place to sleep. Although attempting to sleep in a sitting position on a chair is probably equally uncomfortable (and foolish!).

Though it depends on the chair itself, and the firmness of the ground, as well as sleeping position and ambient atmosphere (curling up in a chair when it's cold is certainly warmer than lying flat, or curling up on the ground), I'd solidly disagree that the ground is a better sleeping surface than a chair in many cases.

True, sleeping off the ground would be better. Keeps the heat from being dragged from your body but it would be good to have the option to sleep. Even if you do wake in pain, cold and pissed off. You will be more alert from the rest and less likly to pass out. If you're lucky enough not to be rained on then you could last a few nights...

Well having slept on the ground in both concrete and carpeted situations indoors and on dirt and grass outside I'd still say a chair is way more uncomfortable, you cannot relieve pressure on your body by rolling around as you naturally do, resulting in loss of bloodflow to capilaries in the skin on the points of contact and general cramping and aching of muscles that are constantly held taut in order to keep from slumping down.. That said, concrete is horrible, it is cold and struggles to heat up, it often drains body temperature. By far the worst of the four cases. Carpet is lovely, it captures heat and is rather comfortable actually. Hardly worse than sitting to sleep. Dirt is surprisingly good, it is usually soft enough to at least offer some cushioning, also it really is not that bad at insulating. Sure it is cold the first half hour or so but once it gets warmed up it is really not bad either. Grass is comfortable apart from that short grass tends to get alot of ventilation and be very cold. Long grass is nicer because you can mangle it into a basic form of bedding and it just seems to work better for sleeping.

Indeed it is open to debate comparing the thousands of different chairs there are to this, still though in a sitting position you just won't sleep as easily, deeply or well as in a lying position. I'd prefer the ground any day to sleeping in a chair. Hunting, sleep on ground or in chair? Soldier, chair or ground? Hobo, sitting or lying? Prisoner, chair or floor? Camping, camping chair or blanket on ground? I just can't think of one place in my whole life I saw a chair being picked over being able to lay down outstreched on the ground, even when you look at homeless they would rather lay down on concrete than sit up on bus stop chairs... Even as little child (which could fit better on chairs) I would sleep better on tiles than in a dining chair when my parents were at a restaurant taking their time.

It should work with the current build 27 (without breaking anything). Pravus updated it recently:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/35-sleeping-overhaul-does-not-work-with-steam-ffs/?p=121015

Thanks!!!