Books And Sleeping

_Gold_

So, before sleeping, im pretty sure most people like to read. So I was thinking if your character read before sleeping, it has a chance to give that person a nightmare. Therefore waking them up earlier, making the panicked and not want to go back to sleep for another 10 - 20 mins. Just a thought to give some more realistic aspect to sleeping.

W-what? Reading a good or bad book before bed really shouldn't have anything to do with anything. Its utterly pointless, You wake up, Just right click to go back to sleep. Its a time waster with no clear point.

And it brings control out of your character.

How does reading before sleeping increase your odds of having a nightmare? Sounds rather arbitrary, especially in the post-apocalyptic world that is full of unpleasantness in general

I meant as in, some horror books could give you nightmares.

W-what? Reading a good or bad book before bed really shouldn't have anything to do with anything. Its utterly pointless, You wake up, Just right click to go back to sleep. Its a time waster with no clear point.

And it brings control out of your character.

I see your point, but occasionly, certain things or events can trigger bad dreams. So reading a horror book could give a,say, 5% chance. And somebody didn't read the whole post....