Lua files do not match

syfy

I tried to bring in a mod and a map, but they never showed up in the game. so I deleted them from the FTP files, and took them off the .INI file.

I have completely reinstalled the game 4 times since then, but every time I try to join I get told my lua files are not the same and the game will now close. thinking maybe it was the fact that maps over write the muldraugh files, i deleted those from the servers FTP files and brought in the files from my fresh install.

the mod was the irrigation mod, the map was Dreadwood

the server is a rental from Lowping

do i need to delete the servers Lua files and replace them with the ones off my install?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT

nevermind, i'll just wait for a dedicated server package to be released and go from there.

damn thing has me feeling completely helpless and it gets really annoying.

Yup, just delete everything and reinstall, to be sure..

Also do it on your own PC? to be sure you don't have any mods too.

Mods are fine on server/client, they just need to be a "normal" mod, in the users/Zomboid/mods folder and not directly in the game files

• 1 month later...

A slight necroposting but I have the same problem right now.

I completely reinstalled client and server with the normal Steam build (Build 28 right now) and installed RKF and Canning. I can only join as Admin, all the other users and me too if I use another account to login get the lua checksum error.

I honestly don´t know what I should do about this, as I said, I completely reinstalled everything server- and clientside.

Yep, the mods get loaded on the server and on the client. When joining as admin the mods are working like a charm (sometimes the Icons don´t get loaded by the client).

If I joined as admin and then logging out to log in with a normal user I can connect. However if I restart the game and don´t log in as admin the same normal user can´t join.

My servertest.ini entry looks like this:

Mods=CanningEssentials;RKFmod

The mods are listed in the clients loaded.txt as well:

RKFmodCanningEssentials

I wondered because the loaded.txt on the server was empty, but the console output during serverstart loads the mods just fine (it can´t load the poster.png thingy). I then uploaded my clients loaded.txt to server to have the same file, but still no change.

EDIT: Could the language be a problem? The server itself claims to run the EN version, I tried to connect with the german translation shipped with the game. Will try it when switched to english. Nope, it doesn´t seem to be the language, even after switching to EN the behaviour is still the same.

if you can grab the console loading text with the lua files from the client and server. It looks like:

Loading: media/lua/shared/ISBaseObject.lua

Loading: media/lua/shared/JoyPad/JoyPadSetup.lua
Loading: media/lua/shared/NPCs/MainCreationMethods.lua
to
Loading: media/lua/server/metazones/metazones_westpoint.lua
Loading: media/lua/server/recipecode.lua
Loading: media/lua/server/timedactionshelper.lua
(if you have mods it'll end with some mod lua files and those are especially what you want)

Then compare the order of those lists, paying special attention to the mod files and the order of the mod files. The order is just as important as the hashes.

I suspect that maybe with case sensitivity differences in file names between operating systems that perhaps the mods aren't hashed in the same order (as I'm not sure they're sorted like the base files are.) I haven't actually tested this though so it's a shot in the dark.

Only lua files should matter. Umm, you could also build a hash list of every lua file on the client and server and compare them if you get desperate trying to figure it out and think it's actual file differences, see http://pastebin.com/iC7c5Hxs for ideas there...

Yeah, see. If you look at the base game files starting with /media/lua those files are always in the same order.

But if you look at some of the mod files it's different, for example: 

Client

Loading: C:/Users/Dr_Cox1911/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/Items/Lockpicking_Distribution.lua

Loading: C:/Users/Dr_Cox1911/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/Items/zRKFDistribution.lua
Loading: C:/Users/Dr_Cox1911/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/RainParkaMod.lua
Loading: C:/Users/Dr_Cox1911/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/RKFrecipecode.lua
Server
Loading: /home/pzser/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/RKFrecipecode.lua
Loading: /home/pzser/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/RainParkaMod.lua
Loading: /home/pzser/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/Items/Lockpicking_Distribution.lua
Loading: /home/pzser/Zomboid/mods/RKFmod_pzde/media/lua/server/Items/zRKFDistribution.lua

so I think that Ubuntu there is doing strict numeric and windows is doing whatever windows does because (I think) that the game doesn't sort the mod file list like it does the base game file list.

Edit: Found that file actually so the files are all the same. Also, looking at it again, it might be an even more complicated sorting issue because sometimes it looks like the mod files are sorted into the list but differently (for example, comparing the /shared file loading.)

Edit 2: Ok, after to talking to blindcoder for a while some of the weird loading order stuff (unrelated to checksumming) is probably because of unsorted paths causing require() to give different behavior between operating systems. Like I said though, that doesn't actually affect checksumming but could cause other issues for mods.

• 10 months later...

Yep, can confirm that this problem arised again with the new steam-integrated builds.

Completely reinstalled the client and server several times but it still kicks me. The server is hosted by Citadel and I´m on Windows 7. Other players report the same message.

Thanks for the response EP, but I don´t get what you´re pointing at  :???:

Should I open up a ticket so Citadel looks into this or is there anything I need to do? Because the actual checksums are the same it doesn´t seem like you can do anything can you?

I can understand if you guys don´t want to answer this question in public, but what files are actually checked?

It's likely a problem on the Citadel server.  I can join my own server.  There are people on the New Dawn server.

.lua files (including those of active mods) and scripts/*.txt are checksummed.

When joining a server as admin the checksum is allowed to be different (FYI for anyone testing this).

• 2 weeks later...

It's likely a problem on the Citadel server.  I can join my own server.  There are people on the New Dawn server.

.lua files (including those of active mods) and scripts/*.txt are checksummed.

When joining a server as admin the checksum is allowed to be different (FYI for anyone testing this).

Has this issue been resolved? I too host a sever via Citadel and as of yesterday am currently getting this exact error. Here are my sever log files. 

Thank you in advance for any time given to this matter.

02-09-15_05-19_admin.txt

02-09-15_05-05_user.txt