Mappers help needed!

Wasteland

Hi guys.

So far im not a mapper and got absolutly no time for studing it. I downloaded a guide and all mapping stuff BUT still can't do anything with it.

I run a hardcore RP server and it really needs only one single building for some od those RP needs - ist a watertower. I found one here and now i'm looking for a person that might add it into ther world somwhere here:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?#0.695653454192726,0.1281702505449952,197.81359483314137

If someone could do this i'd be very thankful and happy.

So far noone responses i'm trying t do it myself.

For some reason a lot of guide lines do not work.

I downloaded the building .tbx and found a cell of WP that seems to me to be the correct place BUT for some reason can't add a buildibg there. It said to "drag-n-drop the building from the folder to the cell, but it only opens the building editor.

Also is there a way to get editable world map or i have just to replace cells?

If I were you, I'd restate my request at follows:

"I would like to make a single building and drop it into the map, but I don't know how to do it or where to start.  Could anyone give me assistance, or point me in a specific direction beyond general how-to's?"

;)

Okay so I looked into it and there is a problem with the area you picked. You see I only have old and out-dated maps to work with so I can't touch areas that are changed from then. In other words I cannot touch zones containing buildings or roads that did not exist on my rendition of the base textures. So that spot is out of the question because if I replace that cell the roads and things would vanish and would need to be re-added. And without the rest of the cells around it, it is very difficult because the 'blend' would not be seamless.

However...

Here is a position that would work wonderfully. It is close to town, on the way into town, and it is unchanged from the map version that I have. Making it much easier and smoother to add in. Take a look and then let me know.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?#0.6191879308582763,0.11407143909244347,63.89599987412457

I also need to know how many zombies you want around the water tower, and does it need a security booth on the ground?

I hope that it will be acceptable to you and if that is the case then I shall commence work on fitting the watertower in. I have two other such cells as well that I overwrote that you might find interesting. Also if you want to I can add in a spawnpoint on top of the tower for you or wherever you want really. Either way, sorry for the delay in responding. Tally ho!

Okay so I looked into it and there is a problem with the area you picked. You see I only have old and out-dated maps to work with so I can't touch areas that are changed from then. In other words I cannot touch zones containing buildings or roads that did not exist on my rendition of the base textures. So that spot is out of the question because if I replace that cell the roads and things would vanish and would need to be re-added. And without the rest of the cells around it, it is very difficult because the 'blend' would not be seamless.

However...

Here is a position that would work wonderfully. It is close to town, on the way into town, and it is unchanged from the map version that I have. Making it much easier and smoother to add in. Take a look and then let me know.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?#0.6191879308582763,0.11407143909244347,63.89599987412457

I also need to know how many zombies you want around the water tower, and does it need a security booth on the ground?

I hope that it will be acceptable to you and if that is the case then I shall commence work on fitting the watertower in. I have two other such cells as well that I overwrote that you might find interesting. Also if you want to I can add in a spawnpoint on top of the tower for you or wherever you want really. Either way, sorry for the delay in responding. Tally ho!

Thank you so much!

I'll describe u the details in PM