Dawn of the Dead Tribute Last Stand

GeneralRambler

The Concept

A Last Stand tribute to George Romero's zombie film classic Dawn of the Dead (1978), and not the 2004 remake shiz...

How will it work?

The player would have to survive alongside three other NPC survivors in the shopping mall during a zombie attack.

Further Applications

When NPCs are fully developed and implemented into the game, new Last Stand locations should be added as well as the ability to have a small team of NPC survivors with you. This would work great in future areas of the map such as Fort Knox or the city.

Also multiplayer Last Stand, if it is not already possible (does anybody know?).

Side note, the Last Stand game modes always gets me confused because I used to be addicted to a simply flash game called The Last Stand that was about zombies.

I used to be addicted to Last Stand too! My friend still is! (I don't get how he hasn't finished it yet....)

I would say this could be made easily with modding :) Create a map thats like the one you say, add a tonn of zed and 3 npcs once the npcs are complete and there you go! :D

Why three? Dawn of the Dead had an okay sized group in that mall.

Yeah, i just threw that number out there. I though that more than 3 NPC survivors might be to overpowered. Also, the amount of zombies needed to defeat more than 4 armed survivors would most definitely cause some serious lag. 

Give the survivors only 20 bullets and stuff, they did not have too many anyway in the movie :D

They ran low, but after looting that gun shop, they got quite a few more, but not all of the survivors in that mall were armed either, so some of them just had to run rather than fight, additionally only a few of them ad any real skill at fighting/shooting, most of them were just regular people.

Well this would only enhance the experience if some did not have any weapons, and were only 'scouting' and running away :D