Animated Actions...

PhantomWarlock

Okay, here's the scoop. 

I was thinking, as a new immersive feature to be added, you could activate certain animations.

No, not combat animations, but leisure-focused animations.

You could sit down on couches and chairs, or on table chairs, toilets, etc....

These actions could slow, or stop, the process of boredom. If you sit on a couch with a broken leg, it could prevent further damage, and heal it quicker. Etc other effects...

But the reason I didn't mention sleeping animations or multiple actions on couches, is to prevent the game becoming the Sims all over again. But if it get's added, no problem. I just don't want this a major focus. Just a little something extra.

(Now if this has been suggested, I am very sorry. I looked for it under "Animations", "Immersion", and didn't find anything close.)

Yep, this sort of stuff is very much on the "hopefully we'll be able to do some of this stuff" list. It all rather depends on a number of factors including (but not limited to) how long it takes us to get the NPC / map expansion / vehicle stuff finished off. Once it is, we'll be able to spend a bit of time tarting up the animations, adding some more anims, and adding more clothing and what not :)

Yep, this sort of stuff is very much on the "hopefully we'll be able to do some of this stuff" list. It all rather depends on a number of factors including (but not limited to) how long it takes us to get the NPC / map expansion / vehicle stuff finished off. Once it is, we'll be able to spend a bit of time tarting up the animations, adding some more anims, and adding more clothing and what not :)

Sounds sweet and sexy! I was really hoping it would be on "the list". But I wasn't sure. Thanks!  (clyde) (Red thing looks like it's boxing)

So new clothing won't be happening soon? That's a bummer, I was really looking forward to it. :( Oh well, Atleast the new map expansion and vejicles are on the way :)

Sorry if im bothering you about talking about this, but I just wanted to know if the NPCs are on the way (around six months or less) or if the posts are just a tease :)

Sorry if im bothering you about talking about this, but I just wanted to know if the NPCs are on the way (around six months or less) or if the posts are just a tease :)

They don't give ETA's, There's no point in asking them. Read the new mondoid, They have some nice info about npc's :D

They don't give ETA's, There's no point in asking them. Read the new mondoid, They have some nice info about npc's :D

I did read it, thats why I asked if it was a tease or if its coming soon, I dont want a day, I just want to know if they are near complete, or still a long way off

We don't not give ETAs because we enjoy trolling or enjoy being cruel. We don't give them because it's impossible - with such a small team and complexities which can easily yield unforeseen problems, plus necessary re-jigging of task order, any timescale we gave would literally* be plucking a number out of our arse ;)

*metaphorically

We don't not give ETAs because we enjoy trolling or enjoy being cruel. We don't give them because it's impossible - with such a small team and complexities which can easily yield unforeseen problems, plus necessary re-jigging of task order, any timescale we gave would literally* be plucking a number out of our arse ;)

*metaphorically

Aye Aye Captain Binky, but I just dont get how telling us how close the NPCs are to completion is giving an ETA, I dont ask for a number of days, or months... or  years *angry stare* , I just ask for your opinion of how complete do you think the NPCs are, but I guess flooding in hype from those mondoids is enough, ive never stayed so much time looking at a screen waiting for the next post since cookie clicker :-D

*metaphorically

Aye Aye Captain Binky, but I just dont get how telling us how close the NPCs are to completion is giving an ETA, I dont ask for a number of days, or months... or  years *angry stare* , I just ask for your opinion of how complete do you think the NPCs are, but I guess flooding in hype from those mondoids is enough, ive never stayed so much time looking at a screen waiting for the next post since cookie clicker :-D

I don't know if that'd help too much either.

The ol' 90/90 rule says it takes 90% of the time to develop and code, and 90% of the time to polish

(The whole point of that, for the slow ones, is that something 90% complete may still take the same amount of time again to become 'releasable')

You can never know how close something is to done until you know it works.  That is the biggest issue with coding stuff like this.  Also, someone who is really excited to know an ETA will be really bummed when that ETA is wrong.

To quote a favorite author of mine: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

good job, a spiffo just died now F'n great thats all we need

good job, a spiffo just died now F'n great thats all we need

somebody didn't read my other posts

stop trying to get any type of ETA at all. if they wanted to give a rough estimate on the completion percentage of NPC's they would have already. all you are doing is asking the same question with different wording.

they will be ready when they are ready. and trying to rephrase this question again will get the same response you have already got several times.

stop trying to get any type of ETA at all. if they wanted to give a rough estimate on the completion percentage of NPC's they would have already. all you are doing is asking the same question with different wording.

they will be ready when they are ready. and trying to rephrase this question again will get the same response you have already got several times.

Look up 5-6 posts. He's already had a reply from Captain Binky and has accepted it.

• 1 year later...

More animations for leisure stuff would be amazing, I'd love to see some for using Gym equipment etc, Like punching a punching bag etc, Gym equipment could slowly increase your fitness/strength.

Maybe also have it so if you eat too much chips/cupcakes (sweety foods) you actually lose fitness and become overweight/obese.

3-gtasa03.gif

Since they are working on a whole new set of animations maybe they will add sitting or something who knows :D

yes. sitting, because that is so much better than NPCs. i could be starting a new civilization but instead i would rather be sitting here. alone. you know, sitting. lol, but i honestly would like to see more animations.

Since they are working on a whole new set of animations maybe they will add sitting or something who knows :D

yes. sitting, because that is so much better than NPCs. i could be starting a new civilization but instead i would rather be sitting here. alone. you know, sitting. lol, but i honestly would like to see more animations.

I wanna see npc's sit on chairs and sleep, That would be awesome.

I wanna see npc's sit on chairs and sleep, That would be awesome.

its like actually being able to sit in the new Pokemon games. This time it has a use, hopefully. 

a little bird who sits outside a Devs window during the day told me there will be no sitting or laying down

the bird says they are working on incorporating Zombie Confusion Tactics, such as making our players able to do the Hokey Pokey, the Macarena, the Cabbage Patch, the Worm, some Pop Lock moves and a few Classical dances (Tango, Rumba, Waltz)

intended to confuse a horde when it approaches, these new moves will allow you to literally dance your way to safety.

of course, as it is a Sparrow telling me this, while i am more fluent in Magpie.....there may be a mistranslation or two.

also, as it is an English Sparrow, he has bit of a Cockney accent that i have troubles with.