New Story After NPC's Are Made

jacksonap

I've been thinking,when the Kate and Baldspot tutorial first came out i wondered,"Where did they come from, and how did they get in that predicament? Did they get stuck in Muldraugh during a vacation, or did they get stuck there because Louisville was the first to go?" So i was thinking, how about a world that gets persistently worse as the infection spreads? Like everything is normal, then police get called in, then riots in the streets, then the CDC and the National Guard gets called in, then they quarantine the area, then they start bombing runs, then the quarantine fails and it spreads even farther. Please write your criticism and your thoughts in the comments! :D

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

The devs say that they will not begin a story mode before the infection. First feature on the list of Big No's. Sorry.

The military, however, will be implemented along with NPCs and it will be working against the player. 

I hope there is a possibility to get them and/or other civilians on your side. If anything, through mods.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

The devs say that they will not begin a story mode before the infection. First feature on the list of Big No's. Sorry.

The military, however, will be implemented along with NPCs and it will be working against the player. 

I hope there is a possibility to get them and/or other civilians on your side. If anything, through mods.

I love the idea of the military being against you. It would show how sometimes, zombies are not the biggest threat, but other humans are. That is what really makes a TRUE apocalyptic survival game for me. If the military was on your side, it would make the game too easy. They would provide you with protection, weapons and supplies, or at least they would take out zombies for you. That would make the zombies no longer a threat or even a worry. I want to be afraid and unnerved when playing this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of the military being against you. It would show how sometimes, zombies are not the biggest threat, but other humans are. That is what really makes a TRUE apocalyptic survival game for me. If the military was on your side, it would make the game too easy. They would provide you with protection, weapons and supplies, or at least they would take out zombies for you. That would make the zombies no longer a threat or even a worry. I want to be afraid and unnerved when playing this game.

I can imagine a scenario where your safehouse is being assaulted by a horde of undead, with no way out short of breaking your leg by jumping out the window. Then, just before you accept defeat, multiple gunshots ring out, and the constant banging on the doors and windows suddenly stop. You peak out the window, and see a military convoy that completely decimated the undead assailants. Overjoyed by seeing the army, you run to the door and prepare to open it and alert them to your presence, but just before you can do that the door's kicked in by soldiers who promptly start shooting at you. You escape horribly wounded, but alive. The military was now operating in the area, simultaneously saving you from inevitable death, and becoming a new menace alongside the undead and hostile survivors.

I can also imagine tactics to use the military to your advantage, maybe baiting them to an area where a group of hostile survivors are hanging out so they murder each other and you take out the stragglers whilst grabbing all their delicious loot.

For the conniving and clever, the military can become more of an asset than a threat. 

You can get other civilians on your side, he was speaking primarily of the military not being on your side.