Breaking Down Doors

_Gold_

So today I was looting some houses, and I came to a one way door shed and ,surprise surprise, the door was locked. That had me thinking, why doesn't PZ have a kick down/shoulder barge door system? Kicking down doors would require more strength but would have a rarer chance to sustain injuries. While shoulder barging doesn't require as much strength, but has a higher chance to sustain injuries. There would also be a high chance of the door coming off it's hinges, and if it doesn't, the door isn't able to properly lock, and zombies can just walk in. So this idea would be great for raiding, but for finding a great safe-house.....

Leave your opinions on this idea, criticism is welcome :)

Dude, I was about to post the same suggestion. The only animation available is shove (which does make noise like you're breaking it down) but that should be changed to a shoulder barge animation when in range or using the right click menu.

Yeah

So today I was looting some houses, and I came to a one way door shed and ,surprise surprise, the door was locked. That had me thinking, why doesn't PZ have a kick down/shoulder barge door system? Kicking down doors would require more strength but would have a rarer chance to sustain injuries. While shoulder barging doesn't require as much strength, but has a higher chance to sustain injuries. There would also be a high chance of the door coming off it's hinges, and if it doesn't, the door isn't able to properly lock, and zombies can just walk in. So this idea would be great for raiding, but for finding a great safe-house.....

i think we should do that, but only after we add NPC's, Ft. Knox, Lousville etc. Don't give a car a new paint job before it's off the assembly line.

i think we should do that, but only after we add NPC's, Ft. Knox, Lousville etc. Don't give a car a new paint job before it's off the assembly line.

I wasn't saying to do this any time soon, it's just an idea that popped into my head, and I thought I should just share it

Just wondering, but you realize you can smash down doors with axes, bats, sledgehammers, hammers, etc! I understand to have a new animation for unarmed smashing of doors would be cool, but for now there is another way! ^_^

I totally understand, but if you don't have a sledgehammer or axe, it's tedious work

Having the ability to break down weaker doors, like those you'd find inside a house, or on a garden shed, without a melee weapon would be nice. Just make the shoulder-shoving slower, louder, and more exhausting than using a melee weapon, and you'd be good to go. Kinda like unarmed combat against a zombie. Sure, you can do it, but it's a lot more efficient/safer to use a bat or axe.

• 2 weeks later...