_Gold_

121 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Find PZ

• Pirating.....ARR ME LADDIES!
    • Youtube
    • Links or Websites
    • Friends or Family
    • You Were Forced To Buy It By Devs

*sob* They held a gun to my head! *sob* Said the game would suck if I didn't join the 'winning team' and other sports euphemisms! Now I am forced to sit on the forums, and comment at a consistent rate, or they are threatening to shoot my dog!

Why Indie Stone? WHY?!?

Look at this guy not reading the ToS!

Hello survivor! Here’s the scoop on what you are allowed to do, and what you’re not allowed to do, through the purchase and continuing use of our game and forums! Hooray! First off:

Project Zomboid is created and owned by The Indie Stone Limited. These Terms also apply to our Indie Stone forums at http://theindiestone.com/forums/. If you don’t agree to these terms, please don’t purchase/install/use Project Zomboid or our forums.

When you purchase Project Zomboid, you are paying for the product as it stands at that point in time. Purchases made while Project Zomboid is being developed are discounted and include the full game upon release.

The Indie Stone are resolute in their determination to continue working on Project Zomboid for many years to come, but your purchase is the game ‘as is’, rather than for future milestone builds in the PZ road-map.

All purchases apply to PC, Mac and Linux desktop versions of the current game only – and not any potential future sequels or offshoots or ports related to the game.

By purchasing Project Zomboid or using our forums, this is what you are permitted to do:

The golden rule is that you can do what you want with Project Zomboid as long as it is not for commercial purposes (i.e. for your own profit) or for malicious/illegal purposes.  Some examples of what we mean are below.  If you have any doubts or questions about whether you can or can’t do something, contact us first at info@theindiestone.cominstead of just doing/not doing it!

We give you a licence to:
  • Change or distribute the base files or contents in any way you like, provided that those changes do not result in you making Project Zomboid available to play or download , or are for the purposes of cheating, hacking, exploits or griefing other people or are malicious or illegal in intent or practice.
  • Use art, music, video footage or other assets of Project Zomboid for creative purposes in any way you like providing the end result is related in some way to Project Zomboid, is for non-commercial use only and states Project Zomboid as its influence and origin by supplying the following wording prominently with the assets: ”Thanks to The Indie Stone for creating Project Zomboid http://projectzomboid.com/), which made this possible.  This is an unofficial fan production for non-commercial purposes made under the Indie Stone Terms [link to these terms]“
  • If you use any third party contents, IP, software or tools together with Project Zomboid then it’s your responsibility to make sure you have all the necessary licences and permissions etc.
  •  You can make gameplay footage or “Let’s Play” type videos on YouTube or other online video platforms, and monetise them if you like too.

This means that we still own Project Zomboid and everything in it, plus our forums too.  It’s just that we’re giving you the right to play around with the game, as explained above.

Just in case it wasn’t clear from earlier, you arenot permitted to:
  • Modify the base files of Project Zomboid to include malicious code or other naughtiness.
  • Distribute Project Zomboid yourself, or host its download. In order to ensure the game’s integrity we recommend it should only ever be downloaded from established portals on which we’ve placed it (Desura, Steam etc).
In terms of the modding of PZ, you also agree that:
  • The Indie Stone reserve the right to implement any features in the game irrespective of whether mods exist that accomplish the same goal.
  • The Indie Stone are free to use any ideas found in user mods, and while we will give credit if we genuinely use ideas directly from mods – we are not required to give credit or remuneration of any kind.

(This is purely because people may create mods that are already part of the PZ roadmap, and we don’t want to be dragged into ‘this was my idea’ arguments. The Indie Stone will of course fall over themselves to credit any mod author we genuinely use ideas from.)

You super promise to buy our game 100 times. No take backsies.

Working with contributors:

Project Zomboid is a passion project for both its developers and a community with whom we often work hand-in-hand. Examples of this include internal build testing, translation and advice from platform experts. This is done in return for our gratitude, a game credit and a shared sense of Zomboid loveliness.

Any other form of remuneration for contributions from outside of the The Indie Stone will alwaysbe officially agreed in writing – away from the forum – before any work takes place on the part of either developer or contributor. This covers all development up to this point, and everything in future Zomboid builds.

Should The Indie Stone and a contributor join forces to bring a user modification into the official Project Zomboid build all remuneration will be discussed at that time. There is no automatic entitlement to any past, current or future revenue of Project Zomboid or for any other payments from The Indie Stone to a contributor unless they’ve agreed it expressly in writing. Should you become a moderator, we own you for life. It's official once branded by nasKo.

Any other business:

We may collect anonymised information about your usage of Project Zomboid or our forums from time to time for the purpose of improving or protecting them.  We won’t collect any personal data from you unless you give it to us with your consent.  Our forums have their own privacy policy at http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/privacypolicy/.

The Indie Stone reserve the right to change this terms: we’ll post the amended terms on our site and they’ll take effect a reasonable period afterwards.  If you disagree with any of the changes please contact us asap at info@theindiestone.com

The Indie Stone is based in the UK so if there’s any kind of legal stuff or dispute about Project Zomboid – they’ll be governed by English Law and by the English Courts.

That’s pretty much it. We don’t want a million rules, but this document should make it clear what our promises to you are. That said these rules are here for a reason – so if you break any of them we reserve the right to suspend or take away your access to Project Zomboid or our forums, or do anything else we deem necessary.

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with us at info@theindiestone.com

We reserve the right to shoot Fryhizzle's dog.

TL;DR: Do what the hell you want, just don’t take the piss.

People should really read these things once and a while.  :roll:

:P

*Shakes his fists in rage!*

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted a realistic zombie survival simulator. Everything about PZ is what I wanted, and the future is looking to be close to a realistic and fun Walking Dead game. Don't judge me. :P

I bought it: 18 Jul 2012, 08:27.  I swore I bought it earlier, but that's what my receipt says.

There were times I did want to refund it but I'm glad I didn't now.

I watched ImmortalHD's playthrough of it and instantly fell in love with it, Even if it's still alpha it's one of the best games iv'e ever played :D

I wish he continued it, since they added fishing. You know how much he loves fishing. ;D

Imagine if Nova and Aleks played MP. I'm waiting for the day this happens.

I watched ImmortalHD's playthrough of it and instantly fell in love with it, Even if it's still alpha it's one of the best games iv'e ever played :D

I wish he continued it, since they added fishing. You know how much he loves fishing. ;D

LMAO yeah him and seamus or should I say jeamus ;D

Imagine if Nova and Aleks played MP. I'm waiting for the day this happens.

Omg yes..I would watch that like hell cx

I found it purely by chance whilst searching for decent zombie games back in early 2012. It was one of those basic websites that just listed games and links by category. PZ was about the 20th game I checked, after finding 19 piss poor attempts at making a decent zombie game. Downloaded the 0.4 alpha tech demo and liked it, decided to research it a bit more before buying and discovered the joys of Mathas, who had a couple of LP series on it (one of which he played about 15 episodes before remembering the build he was playing didn't have axes, and thus he was screwed).

Between the demo and the videos, I picked it up and never looked back. Lurked the forums until literally a week before they changed over, and set up an account. I never looked back. Being made Steam mod last year is one of my proudest achievements, sad as that may sound, but I've never looked back. I fucking love this game, and this community. <3

*sob* They held a gun to my head! *sob* Said the game would suck if I didn't join the 'winning team' and other sports euphemisms! Now I am forced to sit on the forums, and comment at a consistent rate, or they are threatening to shoot my dog!

Why Indie Stone? WHY?!?

Look at this guy not reading the ToS!

Hello survivor! Here’s the scoop on what you are allowed to do, and what you’re not allowed to do, through the purchase and continuing use of our game and forums! Hooray! First off:

Project Zomboid is created and owned by The Indie Stone Limited. These Terms also apply to our Indie Stone forums at http://theindiestone.com/forums/. If you don’t agree to these terms, please don’t purchase/install/use Project Zomboid or our forums.

When you purchase Project Zomboid, you are paying for the product as it stands at that point in time. Purchases made while Project Zomboid is being developed are discounted and include the full game upon release.

The Indie Stone are resolute in their determination to continue working on Project Zomboid for many years to come, but your purchase is the game ‘as is’, rather than for future milestone builds in the PZ road-map.

All purchases apply to PC, Mac and Linux desktop versions of the current game only – and not any potential future sequels or offshoots or ports related to the game.

By purchasing Project Zomboid or using our forums, this is what you are permitted to do:

The golden rule is that you can do what you want with Project Zomboid as long as it is not for commercial purposes (i.e. for your own profit) or for malicious/illegal purposes.  Some examples of what we mean are below.  If you have any doubts or questions about whether you can or can’t do something, contact us first at info@theindiestone.cominstead of just doing/not doing it!

We give you a licence to:
  • Change or distribute the base files or contents in any way you like, provided that those changes do not result in you making Project Zomboid available to play or download , or are for the purposes of cheating, hacking, exploits or griefing other people or are malicious or illegal in intent or practice.
  • Use art, music, video footage or other assets of Project Zomboid for creative purposes in any way you like providing the end result is related in some way to Project Zomboid, is for non-commercial use only and states Project Zomboid as its influence and origin by supplying the following wording prominently with the assets: ”Thanks to The Indie Stone for creating Project Zomboid http://projectzomboid.com/), which made this possible.  This is an unofficial fan production for non-commercial purposes made under the Indie Stone Terms [link to these terms]“
  • If you use any third party contents, IP, software or tools together with Project Zomboid then it’s your responsibility to make sure you have all the necessary licences and permissions etc.
  •  You can make gameplay footage or “Let’s Play” type videos on YouTube or other online video platforms, and monetise them if you like too.

This means that we still own Project Zomboid and everything in it, plus our forums too.  It’s just that we’re giving you the right to play around with the game, as explained above.

Just in case it wasn’t clear from earlier, you arenot permitted to:
  • Modify the base files of Project Zomboid to include malicious code or other naughtiness.
  • Distribute Project Zomboid yourself, or host its download. In order to ensure the game’s integrity we recommend it should only ever be downloaded from established portals on which we’ve placed it (Desura, Steam etc).
In terms of the modding of PZ, you also agree that:
  • The Indie Stone reserve the right to implement any features in the game irrespective of whether mods exist that accomplish the same goal.
  • The Indie Stone are free to use any ideas found in user mods, and while we will give credit if we genuinely use ideas directly from mods – we are not required to give credit or remuneration of any kind.

(This is purely because people may create mods that are already part of the PZ roadmap, and we don’t want to be dragged into ‘this was my idea’ arguments. The Indie Stone will of course fall over themselves to credit any mod author we genuinely use ideas from.)

You super promise to buy our game 100 times. No take backsies.

Working with contributors:

Project Zomboid is a passion project for both its developers and a community with whom we often work hand-in-hand. Examples of this include internal build testing, translation and advice from platform experts. This is done in return for our gratitude, a game credit and a shared sense of Zomboid loveliness.

Any other form of remuneration for contributions from outside of the The Indie Stone will alwaysbe officially agreed in writing – away from the forum – before any work takes place on the part of either developer or contributor. This covers all development up to this point, and everything in future Zomboid builds.

Should The Indie Stone and a contributor join forces to bring a user modification into the official Project Zomboid build all remuneration will be discussed at that time. There is no automatic entitlement to any past, current or future revenue of Project Zomboid or for any other payments from The Indie Stone to a contributor unless they’ve agreed it expressly in writing. Should you become a moderator, we own you for life. It's official once branded by nasKo.

Any other business:

We may collect anonymised information about your usage of Project Zomboid or our forums from time to time for the purpose of improving or protecting them.  We won’t collect any personal data from you unless you give it to us with your consent.  Our forums have their own privacy policy at http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/privacypolicy/.

The Indie Stone reserve the right to change this terms: we’ll post the amended terms on our site and they’ll take effect a reasonable period afterwards.  If you disagree with any of the changes please contact us asap at info@theindiestone.com

The Indie Stone is based in the UK so if there’s any kind of legal stuff or dispute about Project Zomboid – they’ll be governed by English Law and by the English Courts.

That’s pretty much it. We don’t want a million rules, but this document should make it clear what our promises to you are. That said these rules are here for a reason – so if you break any of them we reserve the right to suspend or take away your access to Project Zomboid or our forums, or do anything else we deem necessary.

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with us at info@theindiestone.com

We reserve the right to shoot Fryhizzle's dog.

TL;DR: Do what the hell you want, just don’t take the piss.

People should really read these things once and a while.  :roll:

:P

*Shakes his fists in rage!*

Don't worry....THEY THREATENED TO EAT MY GOLDEN HAND...Now I only have 4 fingers....

i ended up finding this game nearly 2yrs ago when i searched on google, zombie games. I would have never thought of the sheer enjoyment and time i would spend on this game. Loved it ever since and has made me look forward to many nights, when im all alone in the dark.

I pirated it at first to try it out and subsequently bought it when I fell in love with it. I think piracy should be a pollable selection because I know a bunch of guys that bought it after pirating it. (Weird to think piracy can have a good effect)

Done for you my buddy

Arrr! Much obliged matey! Arrr!

Had a conversation with a buddy about survival games after I told him about state of decay and it's mechanics like building a base. He brought then PZ up which was apparently much more complex than SoD except for the fancier crytec graphics. PZ's strenght in my opinion is really its complexity and interpretation of gameplay which is in my opinion unique among nowadays state of the art gaming and rather comparable to late 90's pc games which is more awesome than some younger folks maybe think!!!

Tbh, I believe most western game developers are too afraid of developing challenging games for about half a decade now in regards of difficulty and especially complexity which is exactly where PZ shines :D

Found PZ back in the days paulsoaresjr did videos on it.I remember version 2.0q.It looked amazing compared to old versions(I searched for old version like 1.5d).I was so excited about this game I waited like 2 weeks for Paul to do a let's play on it,but he never did so I decided to grab it myself and check it out.

I got bored from L4D2 one day so I searched for "Unknown zombie games" in Google and found an old article about some of the best indie games (I think it was from Kotaku, but I don't remember).

So I found PZ, watched some gameplay on Youtube and (don't shoot me for this!!!) pirated the 1.5d build from TPB.

After I realized how good this game was I decided to buy it on Desura. End of story.

a while before 1.5D i followed and watched the game develop until it was on steam then i made a forum account and got the game. As to how i found it I have no idea all i know is that i was in love with the game. xD

I watched one of my favorite youtubers play it. I searched it up, and found it was on desura. I cried myself to sleep, a year or two later it was on steam... It was a deal! And now I constantly kill survivors to this day!