Should there be a prison?

Necromatic_Corgi

A prison would be especially great for multiplayer. If you and your group clear out the zombies and survive long enough to set up base in the prison, it would become an almost impenetrable fortress. Of course, it should require and extremely difficult challenge to do such a thing.

I would only attempt this though if the reward equaled the risk. I would imagine there would be an armory full of weapons, a mess hall full of food, etc. More secure areas such as the armory and such would probably require a sledgehammer to access.

I imagine breaking into a prison would be as difficult as breaking out. If it will be like one of the more modern and massive prisons, there would be things to worry about like electric fences around the perimeter, barred off windows, heavy metal gates separating many of the areas, particularly the prison cells from the security offices, etc. That's not even considering the place would probably infested with zombies.

The more I think about it, the more I want this to to be included in the next map expansion!

I imagine breaking into a prison would be as difficult as breaking out. If it will be like one of the more modern and massive prisons, there would be things to worry about like electric fences around the perimeter, barred off windows, heavy metal gates separating many of the areas, particularly the prison cells from the security offices, etc. That's not even considering the place would probably infested with zombies.

The more I think about it, the more I want this to to be included in the next map expansion!

Yeah, But the power would go out, So why be afraid of an electric fence? If they have the same fences as the prison in the walking dead, Then all you would really need is wire cutters and you cold get in, But the problem would be clearing the yard once your in, It would probably have at least 100 zeds. And that's not even the whole prison.

Sewers/storm drain system would be awesome for travel but they'd really need to include flooding risk. I used to play down in my cities storm drain system when I was a little guy and had a nasty close call when a summer rainstorm blew in. Those tunnels fill up FAST! :shock:

Okay, Your profile pic is the best thing iv'e ever seen XD But yeah I used to play in my cities storm drains too, They really do fill up quickly when it's storming out, So maybe they could add swimming so we can cross rivers if we had to?

I think that, since this is semi rural Kentucky, the prison should be a concrete and steel prison like in those old 1960's prison films and that the only way to get in is through a gate overflowing with zed or using a sledge hammer to get into the courtyard, also overflowing with zed. :-D  :-)  :-|  :???:   :-(  :cry:

I think that, since this is semi rural Kentucky, the prison should be a concrete and steel prison like in those old 1960's prison films and that the only way to get in is through a gate overflowing with zed or using a sledge hammer to get into the courtyard, also overflowing with zed. :-D  :-)  :-|  :???:   :-(  :cry:

Are you referring to country jail style facilities? Those smaller jails that really just hold the town drunks and troublemakers, not really the hardened criminals. 

Are you referring to country jail style facilities? Those smaller jails that really just hold the town drunks and troublemakers, not really the hardened criminals. 

I want a big jail like TWD surrounded by forest, A new forest not the poop one that's already ingame

I want a big jail like TWD surrounded by forest, A new forest not the poop one that's already ingame

Yeah I'm sure with all the space that they have left to develop for the map (thanks Sly for pointing that out to me on my Vehicles thread), a large jail would easily be the key feature for the southern or western regions of the map.

Yeah I'm sure with all the space that they have left to develop for the map (thanks Sly for pointing that out to me on my Vehicles thread), a large jail would easily be the key feature for the southern or western regions of the map.

Anytime ;D

I'm talking about a jail like the one from that Johnny Cash movie, Walk the Line, or a Alcatraz type prison except is on land and surrounded by forest. Totally off topic, but there should be a plane crash in the center of Muldraugh, along with car crashes (when they are implemented), abandoned military road stops, and burnt down buildings, because its more than likely someone left their stove on when they were attacked in the kitchen. I personally think that the map is too serene.

I'm talking about a jail like the one from that Johnny Cash movie, Walk the Line, or a Alcatraz type prison except is on land and surrounded by forest. Totally off topic, but there should be a plane crash in the center of Muldraugh, along with car crashes (when they are implemented), abandoned military road stops, and burnt down buildings, because its more than likely someone left their stove on when they were attacked in the kitchen. I personally think that the map is too serene.

Yes dude, Great ideas! A plane crash would be awesome! So would the rest of those idea. The game doesn't have that, All hope is lost feel to it. Everything is left as if everyone dissapeared

lol, not lewisville....Louisville.

http://corrections.ky.gov/depts/AI/Pages/default.aspx not so sure there is actually a prison in the area, and they are trying to keep the map as realistic as possible. there is a jail in Louisville http://www.louisvilleky.gov/corrections/

take a little time and do a quick google search before creating topics like this.

now, i do know that between Louisville and West Point, tucked away on a dead end street is the Waverly Hills Sanatorium which could be a hell of an interesting place to make a base out of. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

lol, not lewisville....Louisville.

http://corrections.ky.gov/depts/AI/Pages/default.aspx not so sure there is actually a prison in the area, and they are trying to keep the map as realistic as possible. there is a jail in Louisville http://www.louisvilleky.gov/corrections/

take a little time and do a quick google search before creating topics like this.

now, i do know that between Louisville and West Point, tucked away on a dead end street is the Waverly Hills Sanatorium which could be a hell of an interesting place to make a base out of. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

I was just starting a disscusion about what should be in the new map expansion :/

i know, but you gotta remember that they are trying to be as faithful to the real map as possible....or as faithful as the games engine allows. who knows what we will see when we get to Louisville the first time. i know they have several buildings there well over 350 feet tall, but will those be explorable in the game? time will tell.

Would be cool if the cell doors can't be broken down by zomboids.

That way you could trap the zeds in one particular cell... or trap yourself in one as a horde attempts to swarm in your cell to no avail, if you have no guns... you're screwed.

Also a nice thing to have is getting close to the cells that have zeds in them can let them grab you from the other side, not sure if that's possible to put in though.

If Lousville really does have giant skyscrapers and such, there should be a toppled skyscraper in the middle of the city, sort of like the tower in china rising only bloodier and more destroyed.

well, nothing in louisville is taller than 549 feet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Louisville

but some type of building destruction would be cool to see

If Lousville really does have giant skyscrapers and such, there should be a toppled skyscraper in the middle of the city, sort of like the tower in china rising only bloodier and more destroyed.

well, nothing in louisville is taller than 549 feet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Louisville

but some type of building destruction would be cool to see

Yeah, i didn't really mean the size of China Rising tower, more along the lines of the AEGON center.