Reboot Project Apocalypse **Progress was maliciously deleted by my brother**

AlexeiStukov

**IMPORTANT NEWS:

**My brother has maliciously deleted all MOD progress... i am going to have to restart the mod and make it myself.  I apologize to the entire community that has followed this MOD for the past few months, thank you all for your support... the MOD will now take even longer to release due to it being a 1 man developer team now.    I am so sorry to inform everyone of this.**

Please excuse the comments made my brother's account, Billwa, as they are only there to derail from the conversation of the MOD.

It is never too early for a

massive game overhaul

Hello to the community of the popular zombie survival game Project Zomboid.  I am trying to become a productive member for the benefit of everyone.  I have had experience with other games and their communities including Dayz Standalone

(Community's List of Suggested Weapons)

and Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne (Eras Zombie Invasion map).

This mod is a massive overhaul for Project Zomboid as it includes an extremely large amount of new items.  From weapons to food to miscellaneous items, i am trying to include everything that will make sense, as well as promote realism.  Everything i include (rather it be viewed as useless junk) will have a use.  Either it be crafting, building material, or even as a weapon,

everything will have a use eventually.

Release Date: Unknown

Please either post your suggestions here or PM me at following usernames:

(Username on here) AlexeiStukov

EMAIL: Noah3017@gmail.com

*For firearms i have looked off of many sources including gunshops in Kentucky, the gun laws of Kentucky, what citizens are able to own and have owned in Kentucky, and off of Kentucky Police equipment sites.  Do not worry about spawn points either, for i am making sure they are always balanced and will make total sense.

**All firearms will have their own individual unique sound, there will be absolutely no generic sounds for firearms.**

For those that are worried that this MOD is going make Project Zomboid another shoot em up zombie game, please read the comments that i made below:

Billwa (Former developer of this mod): 

sfy,

Thank you for you constructive criticism! Although, saying this in the most polite manner we can, we are not planning to remove any weapons that we have added so far. This mod is supposed to be as realistic as we can possibly make it and that includes the extensive variety of firearms that are available to find in Kentucky in real life.

Adding on top of that, this mod is not only about the implementation of a variety of firearms, rather it is about preserving the realism that is present in the vanilla game currently.  We have not only added firearms, we have added new crafting recipes, food, misc items (everything will have a use), and we are also editing the map to make it larger.  

We are not striving to make another "call of duty" shoot em up type game, rather a zombie survival simulator that everyone wants to enjoy.  Of course we are going to have a large amount of firearms because many people love to have that variety.  We are part of that group of people that also loves having the realism in zombie survival games.

I understand your points that you are making, however our mod is not only based off of our ideas, it is going to based off of everyone's ideas.  Hell, we may even change the name of the MOD to something that relates to the community later on in development.

125 weapons and counting sir, the list will never end as the community loves variety and we will never deny areasonable suggestion

But again.. its not only about firearms.. we have several other things planned so far that you guys do not even know about.  One of the major things is the ability to craft.  Crafting is going to be one our main ideas for this mod. 

We are happy that you voiced your opinion and we will always give you good feedback.

Thank you for your feedback on our mod development!

Cheers!

sfy, on 08 Jul 2014 - 8:58 PM, said:snapback.png

let me say this right off the bat, i use the Yet Another Weapons mod which adds 5 pistols, 5 rifles, a shotgun and a sub machine gun, along with a combat knife, tactical axe (tomahawk) machete and 2 big ALICE packs. so i have nothing against having a few more toys to play with.

that being said, with such a huge variety of weapons i wonder if we are getting too close to making PZ into a shoot 'em up game instead of the hardcore survival game it is meant to be. the Devs constantly say they don't intend for guns to be the ultimate answer to survival in the game.

i'm not saying we should not have more guns, but sometimes too many is just too much. i count 125 weapons of varying types in the list above. that's right on the borderline of excessive, IMHO.

now, i don't intend to try and tell you not to do this or that. that's not my job, i just came to voice an opinion. nothing more, nothing less. (of course, being someone who does enjoy firing up a weapons mod, and going on a zombie extinction hunt on Twitch i will most likely try this out a time or two.)

Alexei:

A little something to add on top of what my brother said is that we also are aiming for the weapon spawns to be drastically lowered.  Hell, say even if you did find a Kalashnikov AKM 7.62x39mm Assault Rifle.  Oh boy! an automatic weapon!

Guess what?

Good luck finding the ammo for that and once you do, you will run out of it extremely quickly.  Ammunition and firearms are going to be something that you will treasure when you find them.

We want the community to rely on what they scavenge and piece together into weapons.  We will be adding craftable firearms later on (ever saw what the Chechnyian rebels crafted up to use against the Russian Federation?)  We are going to be adding springs, spare barrels (different calibers of course), stocks, and other attachments in the future.

No we will not have any call of duty bull shit with 50 different types of ACOG or laser sights. 

Our mod is going to have a long journey ahead of it before it is completed and we cannot complete it without the help of the community.

Melee:

• Machete
  • Lockblade Knife
  • Pocket Knife
  • Sickle
  • Fire Axe
  • Pushing
  • Baseball Bat
  • ​Aluminum Baseball Bat
  • Steel Baseball Bat
  • Nailed Baseball Bat (Crafted)
  • Kitchen Knife
  • Billy Club
  • Fillet Knife
  • Fubar
  • Nightstick
  • Tire Iron
  • Hammer
  • Hedge Clippers
  • Hedge Clipper Piece (result of disassembling a hedge clipper)
  • Frying Pan
  • Bowie Knife
  • Kukri
  • Sledgehammer
  • Ka-bar Knife
  • Screwdriver (Improvised)
  • Pen (Improvised)
  • Pencil (Improvised)
  • Nailed Plank (Crafted)
  • Plank (Improvised)
  • Polecue (Improvised)
  • Butter Knife (improvised)

Pistols:

• S&W MP-22 (.22 LR)
  • 2H50nPV.pngAWC Amphibian S Ruger MKII (.22 LR)
  • Ruger MKII (.22 LR)
  • Walther P22 (.22 LR)
  • Glock G19 (9mm)
  • JWIepI9.pngBeretta M92FS (9mm)
  • HK P2000 Compact (9mm)
  • Ruger LC9 (9mm)
  • 9e6kZQ8.pngBeretta PX4 Storm (9mm)
  • Glock G17 (9mm)
  • Ruger SR9 (9mm)
  • S&W Model 39-2 (9mm)
  • Browning Hi-Power (9mm)
  • IAzaPGe.pngWalther PPK (9mm)
  • EwwsQ31.pngBeretta 93 Raffica (9mm and Automatic)
  • FP-45 Liberator (.45 ACP)
  • Colt Model 1911 (.45 ACP)
  • Remington 1911 R1 (.45 ACP)
  • S&W 1911 Pro (.45 ACP)
  • Hi-Point JHP (.45 ACP)
  • Kimber 1911 (.45 ACP)
  • FNP-45 (.45 ACP)
  • HK-45 (.45 ACP)
  • Colt Model 1911 Pearl Handle(.45 ACP)
  • osBrx43.pngBersa Thunder (.380 ACP)
  • l8oALmS.pngRuger LCP (.380 ACP)
  • Sig Sauer Model P238 (.380 ACP)
  • Glock 31 (.357 Sig)
  • Glock 22 (.40 S&W)
  • 23Fyn1m.pngGlock 40 (.40 S&W)
  • Sig Sauer P226 (.40 S&W)
  • Hi-Point Model 40 (.40 S&W)
  • FkqbHSY.pngWildey Magnum Hunter (.475 Magnum)
  • xQ4YJbU.pngThompson G2 Contender  (.30-30)
  • Thompson G2 Contender Silver (.30-30)
  • pCsAe4F.pngMossberg 715P Duck Commander (.223)
  • x17jPfP.pngDraco AK Pistol (7.62x39mm)
  • Nailgun (Uses nails and is considered makeshift)

Revolvers:

• H&R Model 999 (.22 LR)
  • mIobgzZ.pngTaurus Tracker (.357 Magnum)
  • Colt Python (.357 Magnum)
  • Taurus Model 608 (.357 Magnum)
  • 1CSDJQq.pngRuger Bisley Vaquero (.357 Magnum)
  • Taurus Model 82 (.38 Special)
  • S&W Model 637 (.38 Special)
  • S&W Model 29 (.44 Magnum)
  • Taurus Model 444 Raging Bull (.44 Magnum)
  • Ruger Blackhawk (.30 Carbine)
  • AEMYGol.pngS&W Model 500 (.500 S&W Magnum)

Sub Machine Guns:

• HK MP5A4 (9mm)
  • IMI Uzi (9mm)
  • GybCM2I.pngHK USC Carbine (.45 ACP)
  • Ump-45 (.45 ACP)

Shotguns:

• Mossberg Model 500 JIC Cruiser (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • wmQUAZ2.pngSerbu Super-Shorty (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Stevens Model 320 (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Remington 870 and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Remington 870 MCS and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Ithaca Model 37 and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • UHHAgOP.pngMossberg Model 535 Tactical (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Browning BPS and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Benelli Legacy and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Pump)
  • Beretta SV10 and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Over and Under)
  • Browning Maxus Hunter and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Semi)
  • Winchester Super X3 and Sawed off variant (12 Gauge, Semi)
  • Saiga-12 (12 Gauge, Semi)
  • Mossberg Model 505 Bantam and Sawed off variant (20 Gauge,Pump)
  • H&R Tracker II and Sawed off variant (20 Gauge, Single shot)
  • Stevens Model 512 and Sawed off variant (.410 Gauge, Single shot)

Rifles and Crossbows:

• fshimXv.pngChiappa Little Badger (.22 LR, Single shot)
  • Ruger 10/22 and Sawed off variant (.22 LR, Semi)
  • Marlin Model 795 (.22 LR, Semi)
  • Savage Mark II (.22 LR, Bolt)
  • Ueoe3R1.pngWASR 1063 AKM (7.62x39mm, Semi)
  • Norinco SKS and Sawed off variant (7.62x39mm, Semi)
  • Yugolavian Model 59/66 SKS and Sawed off variant (7.62x39mm, Semi)
  • kBfNdje.pngKalashnikov AKM (7.62x39mm, Automatic)
  • Cce0nGT.pngM4 Carbine (5.56x45mm NATO, Automatic)
  • HK 416 (5.56x45mm NATO, Automatic)
  • Bushmaster Carbon 15 (.223, Semi) 
  • Sig Sauer M400 (.223, Semi)
  • Colt AR-15A3 (.223, Semi)
  • Ruger Mini-14 and Sawed off variant (.223, Semi)
  • Springfield M1A (7.62x51mm, Semi)
  • noOoZIe.pngRemington M24 (7.62x51mm, Bolt)
  • Marlin Model 336W (.30-30, Lever)
  • Mosin Nagant and Sawed off Obrez variant (7.62x54mm, Bolt)
  • Weatherby Vanguard (.30-06, Bolt)
  • Winchester Model 70 (.30-06, Bolt)
  • M1 Carbine (.30 Carbine, Semi)
  • jcLVcgT.pngCrossbow Pistol (Crossbow Bolts)
  • Wooden Crossbow (Crossbow Bolts)
  • njv2pWz.pngCompound Crossbow (Crossbow Bolts)
  • TAC-15 Crossbow (Crossbow Bolts)
  • QKR6BK0.pngLAR Grizzly Big Boar (.50 BMG, Single shot bolt)

New Food (these are the ones we only added, we have other mods that already add about 50 new food recipes and items and they will be included in our mod too):

• Doritos Nacho Cheese
  • Ruffles
  • Pork Rhinds
  • Cheez-its
  • Lays Potato Chips
  • Funyuns
  • Pretzel Sticks
  • Cold Oatmeal (recipe)
  • Hot Oatmeal (recipe)
  • Dry Oats
  • Fiber One Bar
  • Trail Mix Bag
  • Mountain Dew
  • Mountain Dew Code Red
  • Mountain Dew Whiteout
  • Mountain Dew Voltage
  • Sprite
  • Pepsi
  • Coca-Cola
  • Coca-Cola Vanilla
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Royal Crown Cola
  • A&W Root Beer
  • Cherry 7UP
  • Canada Dry Ginger Ale

Misc Items:
No new items currently

Medical Items:
No new medical items currently

I hope you all support the mod in the upcoming days, everything i can get (rather it be a suggested item or feedback on what i have listed so far is appreciated).  Questions are welcome so ask anything that comes to your mind that is relevant to this topic.

This MOD could not of been started if it were not for Pravus's Realistic Kentucky Firearms (RKF) mod We used it as a base and he gave us permission to set a release date of the mod (eventually).  Many thanks to him for allowing us.

Check out his MOD.

- Alexei Mod Studios -

Seems like this has some very serious potential!

Just a few things though: The various types of pop (sprite and whatnot) seems a bit overboard, I love immersion, depth, variety and whatnot, but different flavors of pop just seems like a bit... Much.

I believe that types of food (Chips, pop, etc) should just be left as a "general item" (not specifics)

Besides this (And maybe too many types of guns, it could get confusing and just be a hassle) this mod seems to have a lot of potential!

Seems like this has some very serious potential!

Just a few things though: The various types of pop (sprite and whatnot) seems a bit overboard, I love immersion, depth, variety and whatnot, but different flavors of pop just seems like a bit... Much.

I believe that types of food (Chips, pop, etc) should just be left as a "general item" (not specifics)

Besides this (And maybe too many types of guns, it could get confusing and just be a hassle) this mod seems to have a lot of potential!

Thank you for your reply sir.

For the Pop, variety is always of necessity.  In my thinking it would be utterly boring to have all pop have generic boring names "Soda 1, Soda 2", etc.  The different flavors just enhance the realism that we are trying to input.  It goes the same for Chips, me and my brother cannot stand games that have generic names, rather it be ammunition, food, or even firearms.

Firearms are on the same boat of thinking as chips and pop.  Difficulty to find the correct caliber and the right firearm will always be a challenge in real life apocalyptic situations.  We are working on adding tool-tips for firearms telling their caliber (since almost all firearms have the caliber printed somewhere on the barrel of another place on the firearm).  So it will not 

We are striving for this MOD to be unique in every way possible.  The more variety the better.

However, i will take what you said into memory and if it comes up again by several other people, then i will consider changing.

Thanks again! and God Bless!

-Vice Admiral of the United Earth Directorate, Alexei Stukov

Will this have custom weapon models?

Currently no,

But we are planning on adding them eventually.

My brother has the most experience in the creation of the them, i am learning (started learning last week)

I forgot to add something to the description... (all weapons with all unique sounds, there will be no generic sound for them)

Thank you and God Bless!

-snip-

-snip-

However, i will take what you said into memory and if it comes up again by several other people, then i will consider changing.

-snip-

This little sentence right here is enough for me to follow this thread and 100% download this mod the day it comes out.

Good customer service sir, I wish you all the best of luck and I'll continue to throw any suggestions your way!  (fedora)

Hello everyone. I am Alexei's brother and we work on the mod with each other. If you have any questions:

cole3017@gmail.com

I WILL NOT:

- Tolerate hate mail

- Tolerate Spam

- Racism, name calling, etc.

We are up for constructive criticism. Not ranting.

Thank you for all those who support our efforts in the making of this mod.

Wow!

This has some great potential and I can't wait until it gets released!

You up for suggestions?

Yes, send them to us via email, private message, or post them here.  

Whatever is easier for you.

let me say this right off the bat, i use the Yet Another Weapons mod which adds 5 pistols, 5 rifles, a shotgun and a sub machine gun, along with a combat knife, tactical axe (tomahawk) machete and 2 big ALICE packs. so i have nothing against having a few more toys to play with.

that being said, with such a huge variety of weapons i wonder if we are getting too close to making PZ into a shoot 'em up game instead of the hardcore survival game it is meant to be. the Devs constantly say they don't intend for guns to be the ultimate answer to survival in the game.

i'm not saying we should not have more guns, but sometimes too many is just too much. i count 125 weapons of varying types in the list above. that's right on the borderline of excessive, IMHO.

now, i don't intend to try and tell you not to do this or that. that's not my job, i just came to voice an opinion. nothing more, nothing less. (of course, being someone who does enjoy firing up a weapons mod, and going on a zombie extinction hunt on Twitch i will most likely try this out a time or two.)

sfy,

Thank you for you constructive criticism! Although, saying this in the most polite manner we can, we are not planning to remove any weapons that we have added so far. This mod is supposed to be as realistic as we can possibly make it and that includes the extensive variety of firearms that are available to find in Kentucky in real life.

Adding on top of that, this mod is not only about the implementation of a variety of firearms, rather it is about preserving the realism that is present in the vanilla game currently.  We have not only added firearms, we have added new crafting recipes, food, misc items (everything will have a use), and we are also editing the map to make it larger.  

We are not striving to make another "call of duty" shoot em up type game, rather a zombie survival simulator that everyone wants to enjoy.  Of course we are going to have a large amount of firearms because many people love to have that variety.  We are part of that group of people that also loves having the realism in zombie survival games.

I understand your points that you are making, however our mod is not only based off of our ideas, it is going to based off of everyone's ideas.  Hell, we may even change the name of the MOD to something that relates to the community later on in development.

125 weapons and counting sir, the list will never end as the community loves variety and we will never deny a reasonable suggestion

But again.. its not only about firearms.. we have several other things planned so far that you guys do not even know about.  One of the major things is the ability to craft.  Crafting is going to be one our main ideas for this mod. 

We are happy that you voiced your opinion and we will always give you good feedback.

Thank you for your feedback on our mod development!

Cheers!

A little something to add on top of what my brother said is that we also are aiming for the weapon spawns to be drastically lowered.  Hell, say even if you did find a Kalashnikov AKM 7.62x39mm Assault Rifle.  Oh boy! an automatic weapon!

Guess what?

Good luck finding the ammo for that and once you do, you will run out of it extremely quickly.  Ammunition and firearms are going to be something that you will treasure when you find them.

We want the community to rely on what they scavenge and piece together into weapons.  We will be adding craftable firearms later on (ever saw what the Chechnyian rebels crafted up to use against the Russian Federation?)  We are going to be adding springs, spare barrels (different calibers of course), stocks, and other attachments in the future.

No we will not have any call of duty bull shit with 50 different types of ACOG or laser sights. 

Our mod is going to have a long journey ahead of it before it is completed and we cannot complete it without the help of the community.

Thank you and God Bless!

Our current plan for the MOD is as follows for the upcoming release sometime soon:

*Successfully input enough food, firearms, misc items, melee weapons, etc to fit the release

*Balance out all loot spawns completely

*Add unique craftable weapons (melee and firearms)

*Add more uses to most if not all items (shoes being used as weapons, etc)

*Add some firearms with basic attachments (interchangeable barrels)

*Create a guide for players to use on how to install the mod into multiplayer.

We are also going to be adding a "features" list shortly.

If you are really wanting to help, we currently are in need of crafting recipes (rather it be food, weapons, etc).

We will be releasing a teaser in 2 weeks at the earliest.

The teaser will include:

*All of the new current melee weapons

*All of the new current crafting recipes (weapons counted too)

*15 Firearms and their counterparts (If you want to see a firearm off this list in the teaser, please message either Billwa or me.)

It is basically only a weapons teaser.  Prove to the community that we are not only focusing on firearms.

Thank you and God Bless!

Let me say this, anyone willing to mod a game I like always has my support.

But do you really think what is missing from PZ is more types of guns?  New loot and stuff to do with it is cool, but that seems like a intense list of guns.  Infact I think you have more gun types than most First Person Shooters.

Curious of your reasons is all.  Keep up the great work, it looks like you have a lot of it to do! :)

Let me say this, anyone willing to mod a game I like always has my support.

But do you really think what is missing from PZ is more types of guns?  New loot and stuff to do with it is cool, but that seems like a intense list of guns.  Infact I think you have more gun types than most First Person Shooters.

Curious of your reasons is all.  Keep up the great work, it looks like you have a lot of it to do! :)

If you read the comments that me and my brother Billwa made a couple days ago you will understand the way we are heading.

Of course we have hundreds of firearms currently and that list will always keep growing

However, these firearms and ammunition types are going to be extremely rare.  What we are aiming for is crafting.  Crafting will be the main focus currently, as we have about 50 new weapon crafting recipes not listed here.  And still more to come for tomorrow.  Version will probably be released in a week at the earliest

We are also going to be adding food, medical items, misc items, and other things to help decrease the amount of ammo and firearm spawns.  We are trying to have every misc item have a purpose too (ever wanted to beat an infected down with your shoe?)

Thank you and God Bless!

This looks like a really damn nice mod!

I can understand the concerns from sfy and Fryhizzle and I´m somewhat in the some boat as them. So I´ve got an idea for your mod. The firearms will be great additions when Fort Knox hits, until then I think they are a little too much, so you guys could make the mod modular.

Let us somehow choose what content we want to activate and I think everybody will be happy!

This looks like a really damn nice mod!

I can understand the concerns from sfy and Fryhizzle and I´m somewhat in the some boat as them. So I´ve got an idea for your mod. The firearms will be great additions when Fort Knox hits, until then I think they are a little too much, so you guys could make the mod modular.

Let us somehow choose what content we want to activate and I think everybody will be happy!

Sir... listen.

If you read the comments throughly and then our replies to them, you will understand our thinking.

We already have Police Stations in the game and those require Police grade weaponry (Light sub machine guns, Designated marksmen rifles, several types of 9mm handguns), 

You guys do not need to worry about the firearms in the game at all, the loot spawns of them will be extremely low, crafting materials, misc items, medical items, food items, etc will all override the firearm spawns as well as the ammo spawns.

It will all be balanced, however i will take what you said into memory Dr_Cox, for it seems the community is starting to not like mine and my brother's stance on the topic.

I hope you will re-read the comments and i thank you for your reply

Thank you and God Bless!

EDIT:

Or we can just wait to release the MOD when Fort Knox is released

Upcoming ammo types:

327 Federal Magnum

10mm Auto

.270 Winchester

.338 Lapua Magnum

.22 Magnum

.45 Long Colt (LC)

Firearms using these types of ammo will be added

We are thinking of a way to appease the community in the recent conflict with the weapons we have listed.

Please read the comments made by me and my brother Billwa

Thank you and God Bless