Better Forests

Shagyee

One of the most important things would be more and larger trees. Then the detail like dried and fresh leaves on the ground, branches and small bodies of water. Heck, for all i care they could even just make like large forest tiles that include dried forests bushes and groups of trees and spam them over the forest areas. As long as I have an immersive and beautiful feel to the forests im fine. Just drawing out the images of my "The road"-esque looking survivor in winter clothing and the glorious thick beard kneeling infront of a faint fire in a dark and blinding forest with a hunting rifle and a large filled backpack and some cans of soup next to me. 

Ill go ahead and post this here.

These could be a good base for hills and stuff, But they need to be smoothed out, And they need to look like they are part of the ground. Like long grass on the sides, Rocks, Berry bushes, And tree's, There could be a long expanse of hill's with cliff's and other stuff, Like creeks. Also instead of having the pine tree's that we already have, Make taller ones with canopy's, And when we enter the forested area's we could see branches on the tree's and shade from the canopy overhead, It's hard to explain really, And i'm not good at explaining things, But it would be amazing  :)

hills_zps6b7da077.png

I get what you mean, honestly, TWD is one to base the forest and nature off of (besides survival) but just how post apocalyptic TWD actually looks is what I hope PZ comes to be, and nature with cans of beans/soup and a bow would remind me of it. Crows flying away if they head a gunshot etc.. There is so much stuff I see in TWD and I'm just like "please have this in PZ" besides the lore and survival.

I get what you mean, honestly, TWD is one to base the forest and nature off of (besides survival) but just how post apocalyptic TWD actually looks is what I hope PZ comes to be, and nature with cans of beans/soup and a bow would remind me of it. Crows flying away if they head a gunshot etc.. There is so much stuff I see in TWD and I'm just like "please have this in PZ" besides the lore and survival.

I found a picture of TWD forest scene. Of cource this one is from the game and not the show, But I think the forests should look something like this. This is basically what I meant by taller tree's with canopy's and shade from them. 

It would also be nice with leaves scattered around. What do you think of it?

TWDS2-3-4.jpg

Exactly! And Lee is holding the Axe we all use. Haha. It'd be nice to walk through trees realistically rather than slowing down. (I don't get what it's emulating) It seems like it's emulating we're walking through the trees physically or something. It makes no sense to me honestly.

Exactly! And Lee is holding the Axe we all use. Haha. It'd be nice to walk through trees realistically rather than slowing down. (I don't get what it's emulating) It seems like it's emulating we're walking through the trees physically or something. It makes no sense to me honestly.

I know! Why would tree's slow you down? It makes no sense. I think and hope that they are just placeholder until they have time to redo all of the wilderness, Like EVERYTHING. Tree's, Grass, Fallen tree's, Rocks. It all needs to be redone.

Since hunting is on the way, I feel like this -> "Wilderness 2.0 – Proper trees, with canopies, river banks, hills and sloped terrain. As we add more survivalist features to the game we want to make the wilderness truly interesting and diverse."

That's from -> http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/10/apzdtisa-ii/ So after hunting is finished and mostly bug free, I think that they will most likely move on to this. I also feel it will be needed because how are you gonna hunt with tree's slowing your movement constantly.

I'm just looking forward to the day when living nomadic in PZ would involve some rope, a tarp and a sleeping bag rather than the tent-kit we have now.

I mean, apart from pitching a tent on site, just stretching tarp over the work area in a camp site screams semi-permanent survivor base. That, and cooking your meals over a 40-gallon drum-turned-bbq.