I dun goofed at the mall.

Dtrahan12

Here's how it all went south.

Found out where the mall was. I gathered as much food, and ammo as I needed to make the trip. I made it to the mall, I was honestly really stunned at the size. I checked the doors around the outside of the mall, I finally found one that was unlocked. I jump in, and I got swarmed. My shotgun couldn't clear the zombies out. (roughly about 30 of them.) I panicked, ran up some stairs, that was a really bad idea. I was invited by another 30 or so zombies. Instead of shooting them, I decided to push them away for some reason, bad idea.

The meaning of this.

Please be ready when you are going to the mall. Don't be like me, and underestimate the amount of zombies.  (clyde)

I'm currently trying to get a nice lovely base set up in the knobby creaky place at the motel or lodge or somewhere and loot like all the ammo I can. After that, I'll back the save up and make a whole bunch of attempts to fiddle with the mall because i get scared very easily also i really hope they never ever remove the save backing uppy thingy.

I'm currently trying to get a nice lovely base set up in the knobby creaky place at the motel or lodge or somewhere and loot like all the ammo I can. After that, I'll back the save up and make a whole bunch of attempts to fiddle with the mall because i get scared very easily also i really hope they never ever remove the save backing uppy thingy.

I don't think that all of the ammo in the map would suffice against the amount of zombies. I forgot that I could backup my character, darn! 

50 Million Zeds later....

I really wasn't expecting that, I got so scared. When I get scared in video games, I panic. It's so kick ass though, I will congratulate anyone that actually clears out the mall. Although, the outside of the mall is pretty nasty. That area is a no-go until I get a car, with some bad ass knee-cappers!

I don't think that all of the ammo in the map would suffice against the amount of zombies. I forgot that I could backup my character, darn! 

I really wasn't expecting that, I got so scared. When I get scared in video games, I panic. It's so kick ass though, I will congratulate anyone that actually clears out the mall. Although, the outside of the mall is pretty nasty. That area is a no-go until I get a car, with some bad ass knee-cappers!

When I get a car... I'd crash into the mall within seconds... And die...

At least you would die with style? But, what if when vehicles come out you could crash into walls, and they would get destroyed. Instead of just bouncing off, like some games. 

I

At least you would die with style? But, what if when vehicles come out you could crash into walls, and they would get destroyed. Instead of just bouncing off, like some games. 

Nope. I'd just crash into the wall, and die in a blaze of flaming gasoline... :3

Thinking of heading to the mall on a pve server with a few people soon, when time allows me on pz again. Would assume it's easier in a group. Last time my friend got stuck behind a bin and got eaten by the biggest horde I have ever seen!

• 3 weeks later...

My character Kerner presently owns the north east half of West Point. He is about to go to the mall in West Point with only 20 shotgun shells. I'll FRAPS it and post it on youtube. Going to try to use strictly military tactics as much as the game allows.

The plan:

1. Clear the outside.

2. Make outside safe.

3. Lure the ones inside to the safety of outside.

4. Do Lord's good work in the name of U.S. and A.

Okay, being the Ultimate Ranger, I am doing very well at the mall. Half of the outside is cleared without a single shot so far.

The biggest problem right now that I have is the video footage volume. My machine cannot process more than 10 Gigs of video at a time, and the first 20 minutes of battle already took 30 GB.

So I am thinking to just run Twitch, make the vid a Highlight. Then FRAPS myself watching the replay and put THAT on YouTube.

Any experts on making gameplay vids can help me out with a good tactic to do this? I've never made videos longer than 10 minutes, so have no experience at massive Let's Plays.

Could be, I have scavenged 792 shotgun shells from the Big Warehouse and McCoy (including breaking all crates to reach the unaccessibles) and 480 pistol ammo.

Could be, I have scavenged 792 shotgun shells from the Big Warehouse and McCoy (including breaking all crates to reach the unaccessibles) and 480 pistol ammo.

Very impressive! (clyde)

ive never ben there, but i already had to fight an horde, the numbers where betwen 200 and 300, i allways travel with 3 boxes of 9mm + 3 boxes of shells, and apart from the first feeling of panic, i killed them all, this was on survival, so the only question for me about the mall would be "is there enough room inside to keep your foots moving" if so i guess i will be ok

the best tactic for me is not to get surprised, if you are in a place that works to your advantage, just shot your gun and wait for them, prety much like Konrad Knox said, divide to conquer

ive never ben there, but i already had to fight an horde, the numbers where betwen 200 and 300, i allways travel with 3 boxes of 9mm + 3 boxes of shells, and apart from the first feeling of panic, i killed them all, this was on survival, so the only question for me about the mall would be "is there enough room inside to keep your foots moving" if so i guess i will be ok

the best tactic for me is not to get surprised, if you are in a place that works to your advantage, just shot your gun and wait for them, prety much like Konrad Knox said, divide to conquer

i think the next build may make it harder for you to survive, as RJ has been doing some adjustments on guns and the aiming system. also made it so we cannot kill 5 zombies with one shot using the shotgun anymore.

i think the next build may make it harder for you to survive, as RJ has been doing some adjustments on guns and the aiming system. also made it so we cannot kill 5 zombies with one shot using the shotgun anymore.

i think i read that, and i agree, zeds are not alive so shotgun dont work as it would against leaving beings by inflicting deadly wounds on several targets, and if they make shotguns cripple zeds instead of killing i agree 200%, also i feel pistols to much acurate on low skill, and now that im at it, i never shot a real pistol, but i had shot shotguns and bb guns and i had used lots of blunt weapons at some point and(for me) its a lot harder to raise my skill in firearms than in blunt weapons...atm in the game im struggling to raise my blunt skill while firearms raise at warp speed

that being said, i dont think that nerfing weaps or buffing zeds must be the only road to balance game, zombies for me are like walking dead zombies, we will always be faster and smarter than them, they win by other means, and i really hope this game know how to balance on those other things, one of the main treat we would face on any holocaust will allways be...other survivors, we are our worst and dangerous enemy

• 2 weeks later...

Question about clearing The Mall (which as a new player of less than 48 hours ownership and with reading these reports is sounding like it's completely packed with Jason Voorhees clones :blink:  ) and pretty much anywhere that a horde is hanging out - am wondering how effective molotovs are against groups? Have done some reading up during my lunch break on the wiki about craftable items and was thinking "Hey, how about you open up one door, fire off a round or three to get the horde on the move, back up a bit or find high ground, and lob fiery death grenades?"

Would like some feedback if there's any available on that kind of tactic. Hopefully Mollies are still in - they'll e the sole reason I'll be gathering up socks ;)