If And When What Would Be Your Plan

Decay

So everyone has obliviously  thought about this since this is P.Z what would be you're plan if the apocalypse struck?? 

And I would like to hear the devs plan since the were the ones who made the game bases around zombies but everyone feel free to share 

My Plan: is quite simple im a hermit pretty much  i am  good with a hammer and building stuff i was building tables and stuff Since i was 8 not very good ones but good enough so i am quite experienced and im a good cook i like cooking its fun and stress freehttps://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.953498,-4.807009,3a,70.4y,218.23h,88.99t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4nET1vXSHIJJzh61AgemvA!2e0  this is my house this was a few years back but i figured the wall i have around the back is quite ample and protective 

But i have my complete wall around my back garden now so i would just need to board up  the windows and i have some experience with farming and shooting too ! oh boy aint aye a character!

[Optional] No one needs to do this but if you want send in your Google images of your house or the one you would like to spend the rest of you're days in and tell me your plan Tally Ho O'l Chap!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leave need big farms, so I think I'll take my chance their.. Grab wife & cat and try to find somewhere to survive, but I think everyone will have the same idea...

So yeah, it's kinda hard, if there's not much people because everyone leaved for other place, I'll give a chance on some farm, if a lot of people have the same idea as me.. Well.. Maybe jut barricade my own house, plank all over the front door and keep the back door/garage door as exist... Idk if my home would be a good safe house tho.. :P

Even maybe try to go on some small island in the west of France, there's lot of them, but i'm sure they'll be surrounded by people... :D

Well, tl;dr : I'm screwed if that happen, could barely survive some days in my own house :P

I plan to get shot dead by looters before the zeds get to me. 

I think the outbreak would be on the news before it would be in everyone's face... this would start a bunch of panic and riots as people try and grab everything they can from stores and markets... the one's with the most guns and least care for others will win. 

I'm sure a big chunk of people will die by the hands of the living before the zombie plague spreads to their area...  I will likely be one of those who are killed by careless gun toting rednecks who would kill a man over toilet paper.  Unfortunately.  

Hmmm, my plan?

I live outside a big city, so it could be a problem when leaving where I live IF people where trying to get out... But in that case, mostly everyone would be a zombie in the first hour of the plague. 

I would grab my family, my cat :3 , and than head to Dunedin (Another Big City). Its a 5 hour drive so I'd just hope I win first before the zeds get there. So, after I'm there, and grabbed my sister and her BF, we just have to do a bit of looting (By the first 5 hours I'm sure everyone would have "Just left for the sheep farms*. After we're stocked up we get in the car, and the zeds should just be arriving in Dunners. 

I'd drive to a small rural town, called Twizel. Hydrodams, small population, canals FULL of fish, and several farms. As long as we can defend it, we'll be safe... And then I gotta come up with a plan after it falls O.o

My plan would be:

Die.

No, but seriously, I live in a lowly populated town, around 3,000 people. So it would be rare if it spread here. If it DID, I think I would just head south, to the big city, as many survival books say, people will tend to stay away. I would have course scope the area out first. If it was too infested, I'd move on. I would travel lightly, and move city to city, sort of like in The Last of Us. I would travel the sewers in cities, and through the woods in the rural areas. I'd say I'd at least make it a year.  (clyde) I would NOT travel with more than one or two people if at all possible.

I live in a town in CT basically on the border of the state of NY so I don't think I could even leave my town with all the panic but if my family and I do escape I'd probably head to Sleeping Giant. Big wilderness good place to hunt and fish. Not sure how fertile the land is but assuming it is a massive forest and mountain I'd say its a good place to grow crops. Of course though it is in a pretty popular city named Hamden. A cityish town is a few minutes to the south called New Haven. The capital of my State Hartford is farther North but the zombies could wander down but I'd be in the mountains. That's all I have for a plan right now. I'd probably have a 15% chance of even getting to the mountain.

6XAnkaY.png

We've become pretty good at containing diseases, so I'm not terribly worried, but in the event that it fails, as a species we're absolutely the best at killing each other in massive quantities. I have no doubt that people would be shooting/napalming/nuking zombies left and right (especially in the U.S. but at least with the military in other countries). So I would probably hole up and defend my house and wait for it to be over. I imagine a month or two at worst. I have emergency supplies for that sort of thing.

If all that fails, I don't live in a very populated area. I would move out to the river that's only a couple miles away and hunt/fish for my survival while occasionally trekking into town for the things I need, if necessary. And that's only if my friends don't make it out. I have lots of good friends and family with lots of useful skills. We could easily survive if working together.

I'd probably join Fryhizzle's gang and walk around wearing Happy Pants. At least we will be happy and have TP. Also I have like 3 packets of instant soup so we should be good food wise for the first month or so, depending on how long Dillerin stays fresh I suppose.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.953498,-4.807009,3a,70.4y,218.23h,88.99t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4nET1vXSHIJJzh61AgemvA!2e0  this is my house this was a few years back but i figured the wall i have around the back is quite ample and protective 

Ahh A fellow Scot! I used to Live in Inverkip, not far from there. :) 

My plan would be to hold up in my home for as long as it were safe in order to get an idea of how thing are before heading out to look for my Friends and Family.

All without my car. In mass hysteria, people would be as (if not more) dangerous than the zombies.

For this same reason, I'd also avoid major cities. 

(Besides, let's face it, Glasgow city center on a Friday night is already full of zombies roaming the streets! :D)

I think I'd try and lay low for a week or two, try not to attract any attention to my house, if someone tries to break in I'd threaten them and if they persisted then I'd have to kill.  Once the initial panic was over then I'd go out and quietly loot whatever I can, I'd probably head to the motorway and loot people's cars where they would be abandoned.

I'd probably also raid libraries and what-not on maps and books that could help me, and head back home, eventually I'd plan to move to a more permanent place, perhaps Warwick castle.

I'd probably join Fryhizzle's gang and walk around wearing Happy Pants. At least we will be happy and have TP. Also I have like 3 packets of instant soup so we should be good food wise for the first month or so, depending on how long Dillerin stays fresh I suppose.

So there you have it folks, join the Happy Pants Marauders, or have the TP wrenched from your cold, dead hands.

Those of you who have downloaded the "Apocalypse Edition" of my mod Realistic Kentucky Firearms already know some of what I have prepared.  Here's a rundown of the rest of my preparations and plan in case I awoke one morning to find myself the last living human on earth.

h87uf0y44t3raagfg.jpg

The "Apocalypse Kit" currently consists of:

• 1x CamelBak BFM Hydration Pack (has a water reservoir of approx. 3 liters)
  • 1x Folding Entrenchment Tool
  • 100ft. of 550lb. test weight Paracord
  • 1x Metal bottle with screw on lid (to boil water in for purification)
  • 1x Cammenga 3H Tritium Compass
  • 1x Mini-LED flashlight (advertised to have over 500 hrs. battery life)
  • 1x Reflective Solar Blanket
  • 1x Bushnell Powerview Binoculars
  • 1x Respro Techno Respiration Filtration Mask (modified to accommodate a particulate/chemical filter)
  • 1x Mini First Aide Kit with bandages, sutures, disinfectants, and emergency surgical supplies
  • 1x roll of electrical tape
  • 1x rod of Firesteel with accompanying magnesium block
  • 1x sealed MRE
  • 1x unlabeled pill bottle containing a mixture of petroleum jelly and fine steel wool (fire starting agent)
  • 1x survival wire saw
  • 1x M9 Bayonet knife
  • 450x rounds of copper jacketed, high velocity .22LR ammunition
  • 1x Ruger 10/22 Archangel Nomad Rifle with 3-point sling and red dot scope
  • 1x S&W M&P22 Handgun with laser sight
  • 4x 25 round 10/22 magazines
  • 2x 12 round M&P22 magazines
  • 1x webbing harness with attached drop leg pistol holster, bayonet sheath, radio pouch, and drop leg mag carrier
  • 1x SOG Powerassist EOD Multitool
  • 1x S&W M&P Linerlock knife
  • 1x Casio G-SHOCK Glide Military Series wristwatch
  • 1x Midland GXT950 walker talker with earpiece and throatmic (The throatmic lets you communicate over the radio via vocal cord vibration.  You don't technically have to vocalize any sound!  Very cool piece of equipment.)
  • 1x full set of woodland pattern camouflage BDUs
  • 1x set of black tactical knee pads
  • 1x pair of black Bates Delta-9 Combat Boots
  • 1x EVS BJ22 Ballistic Jersey (a type of motocross body armor designed to protect against high speed impact)
  • 1x pair of black, plate-armored fingerless gloves
  • 1x black nomex balaclava
  • 1x pair of Wiley-X Spear Ballistic Goggles
  • 1x woodland camouflage kevlar helmet

Other items I've collected that I consider optional/situational for the kit:

• 1x Moonlight NV-100 Night Vision Monocular
  • 1x Full torso, military grade repelling harness
  • 48x bottles of water
  • 10 "Heater Meals" (basically a bulkier, cheaper, civilian version of an MRE)
  • 1x Black Soviet PBF Gas Mask (fully NBC rated)
  • 1x retractable steel riot baton

I've also got a vehicle disaster kit in the back of my SUV that I'm still working on completing.  It currently contains:

• 1x spare gallon container of gasoline
  • 24x bottles of water
  • 6x cans of dark beer (they provide nutrition and never spoil!)
  • 1x roll of duct tape
  • 1x 6ft. length of plastic tubing
  • 1x forged steel hatchet
  • 1x 10in. folding saw
  • 1x bag of Fritos corn chips (provide sustenance and are a fantastic fire starter!)
  • 1x pair of insulated winter gloves
  • 1x pair of insulated hunting boots

I've still got to add a good pair of insulated coveralls and a tarp to the vehicle kit before I'll feel like its close to complete.

As far as my plan, my immediate action would be to suit up and find the nearest stable shelter to commandeer.  From that point, like in PZ, I'd move from structure to structure breaking in to scavenge what I could find and taking refuge in the woods if threatened.

My only concern I've never been able to prepare for is my health.  I have several health issues that require daily medication and, while I could certainly do without them for a while, I've been told not taking any of my meds for a long period of time (understood to be months/years but never really defined by my doctors) I'll eventually slip into a deep sleep and simply die.  No sense worrying about what you can't control, though, I say.  It's more fun focusing on preparing for the rest! :-)

I'd leave my town IMMEDIATELY. (Population of around 20000, but still fairly close to to larger cities, and well- networked in. (Public transport goes to everywhere around) Id take whoever I could, and we'd try and find an emptied farmhouse somewhere, I luckily live close to alot of farms, and a large amount of English countryside, so survival, aside from the actual zombies, would not be an issue. Unless other diseases intervened, due to food poisoning, and other things. Then I'd be screwed out in the middle of nowhere. but its either that, or the constant fear of being overrun by the undead. Id take my chance and run to the hills. I also know how to easily get to a couple of close towns/villages on foot, so transport wouldnt be an issue when trying to travel. Good Ol' England. Small, predictable, and teeming with countryside. I also know a theatre close by that has real swords. So yeah, I feel pretty confident in surviving, at least against the hordes. Killing myself out of a lack of common sense would probably be pretty easy though.

I suppose another interesting question is to ask is: what if YOU were the only survivor out of those you knew? What would you do if you were left alone, the odds stacked against you? I'd grab a weapon and try and kill as many as possible, whatever means possible. Reclaim my home, etc etc. At least until I got inevitably killed. It would depend on the kinds of zombies they are.

At first I thought that I'd just stay in my apartment building and hope for the best, but I live in a city of over 600 000 people so that's not exactly a good plan. :/

Then I realized that I live a 10 minutes walk off a major harbor and also one smaller one with lots of boats so that'd be my first goal. If there'd be no boats, depending on the time of year I'd swim for some of the nearby islands. That's only possible in the summer though because the waters get so cold, I'd die of hypothermia. :(

This also makes for another problem. In the winter the ocean freezes and you can just walk to the islands so it'd be no permanent residence. Although it's so cold usually that the zombies would just freeze still. :P

I'm actually quite lucky with where I live. I live in a development off a highway in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Florida. We're like 20 mins from the water driving, and my next door neighbor owns a boat. Low population and our development plus the one in back of us being essentially the only people filled areas means in a 10 mile radius we'd only have a couple zombies in total.

My family and my next door neighbor both have guns and ammo, enough to clear all that and then some, and my dad and neighbor are very proficent in firearms. I never fired a gun before but I'd have no problem learning in such a situation.

Houses by us are made of concrete, and we have storm shutters we can add to the windows. Steel + concrete = no zombies getting into our house unless we let them in stupidly. We have canned goods always stocked in the pantry for hurricanes, so months worth of pasta, canned foods, rice, and drinks sitting in ready, and can stock up more if we knew shit was hitting the fan.

We actually do grow a garden in our back yard, and so can continue to do that every spring. We would mainly just need to wall off our yards, and between my dad and my neighbor we have all the tools needed for building such a thing. There are plenty of wooded areas nearby too we can use for material. We also have a well and a generator too, and plenty of gas. Since we live off the highway if people do evacuate there should still be cars there to siphon more gas from too.

My one neighbor even has a small solar array at his house, mainly used to help run his pool, so we could always include him into our group and repurpose the solar panels to help power a freezer for preserving food longer.

There are also wild pigs and tons of wild birds around so we could technically hunt for meat too.

All in all I think for my situation the hardest part would be getting a wall up so we could properly farm, and then dealing with hordes that might wander by :P but as long as we're in our house I'm honestly not too worried due to how our house could withstand a cat 3 hurricane without any damage.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd pack some food, water, sleeping bags, etc. in my backpack and leave town immediately (Not using a car to avoid traffic jams) and walk around in the wilderness until I find a rural town. If I don't find one before nightfall I'd sleep in a hollow tree stump or a cave (After checking for bears), and the next morning I'd keep looking, repeat the process until I find a rural village.

That is, if I turn out to be part of the 1% of human population that doesn't get zombified.