Whatcha talkin bout?

Just read the lengthy speculation about justifying vehicles as map is SO small and how it is not "planned to be bigger" etc etc. And the answer has been on the front page for weeks if people would bother to read. I apologize, was a bit too frustrated when I wrote that.

I wouldnt consider it entirely off topic since these issues matter. I see cars as mid-end game content, so map size and constant threat of zombies are important. Vehicle types obviously define what can be done, then. Trailers, trucks, pickups, customizing those and so on.

When it comes to horses etc, if devs ever introduce farm animals and such, horse would be logical add there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

A wheel barrow, obviously not a vehicle in its entirety, but be able to drive it.  This might help with the mass transportation of wood and seeing the new body burning it would help with those pesky hordes you dispatched outside your house and you dont want to see your hard work burning down.

A wheel barrow, obviously not a vehicle in its entirety, but be able to drive it.  This might help with the mass transportation of wood and seeing the new body burning it would help with those pesky hordes you dispatched outside your house and you dont want to see your hard work burning down.

If my memory serves me right there was a mention by devs about shopping carts. Long time ago. Those extra means to move stuff around would be nice.

about vehicles, first i would like to see it in reality numbers, lots and lots of vehicles everywhere in populated zones and less in the other, some wrecked but the majority in some degree working condition(only missing gas and/or battery and/or tyres), by now i am close to perfection, only missing vechicle HPs, yes to be perfect for me vehicles should take damage and then be repaired with required skill and mats, if this mats could be salvaged from another vehicles then i dont ask anything more :)

oh this is about vehicle variations....i dont care, all variety that devs put in the game its ok by me, i value more the way they will work in game, oh ok i confess that i would love custom player made vehicles with salvaged parts :D but i do recognise this is not an holocaust game so it will be more realistic that you will use working cars than make a car with parts, but that doesnt mean we could not make some changes for security purposes

Get a car, remove the tires and get it on the train tracks. Could travel relatively long distances in a short amount of time and remain safe. Adorn said car with nails and barbed wire for added effect and badassness. 

I'd think that they'd be fairly common but might have (or later add) things like durablity, so you'll need parts or replacement entirely, making them a very abundant but finite resource. Also, will likely need gas, which could be a massive problem is the gas pumps shut down, meaning you need to siphon it out of parked cars.

However, it wouldn't be a major concern if corn, and the ability to make ethonal was added.

I too am more personally worried about how the car system will be handled...than the system itself...namely:

Can I use parts from one car to fix another?

Will the parts system be flexible enough that I could theoretically make a working care from a lot of scrap cars?

Will the cars have storage space that is based on the vehicle size?

How will gas be handeled? (can we syphon gas, will different vehicles have different gas efficiency and tank size?)

Can we modify cars? IE. can I craft some sort of large container that goes on top for more storage? Can I craft some sort of armor from metal scraps to deal with NPCs and people shooting at me? Can I take a bus from the school, cover one side in sheet metal and make a moble "wall" with it that I can park somewhere to block access?

Will cars have component and parts damage or just a shallow HP system?

When cars are put in I definitely want them done "right" as I think they are a very important part of any sort of modern day survival scenario. Mad Max is an example of just how important and modifiable vehicles can be in a post apocolyptic world.

Shallow cars will make me sad