Making different mod items work together

Wasteland

I got 2 mods installed:

1. RKFmod that adds a lot of  new weapons and namly

4 new Knifes

i added them to base recipes to make it possible to use them as vanilla knives (slice bread etc..)

but still seems not all oof them are working fine.

Also i got another mod that makes possible to drie fruits and stuff.

it got some reciptes in it, originally like this:

module BK_Driedfruits{	    imports    {    Base, farming, newitems,    }    			recipe Sun Dried Apple			{				Apple=1,				keep dryingrack,				keep KitchenKnife								Result:sundriedapple=1,				Time:80.0,			}								recipe Sun Dried Cabbage			{				 Cabbage=1,				keep dryingrack, 				keep KitchenKnife								Result:sundriedcabbage=1,				Time:80.0,			}

i've added some other knifes - like hunting knife and those kinfes from RKF mod. But only vanilla knifes seems to work.

module BK_Driedfruits{	imports	{	Base, farming, newitems,	}					recipe Sun Dried Apple			{				Apple=1,				keep dryingrack,				keep KitchenKnife/ButterKnife/HuntingKnife/SmallPK/LargePK/M9Bayonet/Multitool,								Result:sundriedapple=1,				Time:80.0,			}								recipe Sun Dried Cabbage			{				 Cabbage=1,				keep dryingrack, 				keep KitchenKnife/ButterKnife/HuntingKnife/SmallPK/LargePK/M9Bayonet/Multitool,								Result:sundriedcabbage=1,				Time:80.0,			}

I also tried to add to import line RKFmod, but still no effect.

What am i doing wrong?

• 2 months later...

Is "newitems" in the imports neccessary? as I understand newitems is just the name of the txt file that contains a part of the "Base" module... so if "Base" is in the imports, isn't everything from the module Base imported, even if from different txt files?

• 3 weeks later...

Should the item file be included? In basic recipes, base items like KitchenKnife are assumed to be "Base.KitchenKnife" whereas with mod items you need to include the module name?

keep KitchenKnife/RFKmod.ButterKnife/RFKmod.HuntingKnife/RFKmod.SmallPK/RFKmod.LargePK/RFKmod.M9Bayonet/RFKmod.Multitool,

If this is of any help I tried the same thing, combining rkf knifes, sharpened knifes and tommyguns machete/samuraisword like you did. The only way I could make it work was to completly rewrite them alltogether.

I made a new mod that has Base as module and included every base recipe I want the new items to work with. canning and driedfruits mods recipes and items were included in this scripts too, now being part of the Base module. You have to change the lua files that add the items to the suburbsdistribution, too. Changing the original mods module name in there to Base.

That was the only way it worked after many tries with module imports, loadorder etc etc.