Pyres for The Corpses

BrandonTheHero

Just a quick suggestion for the burning of corpses as shown off in the build 28 video.

I would like to see a pyre that you could build. It would take a large pile of wood and then from there you can use the "grab corpse" from the ground and then walk to the pile you've built and drag it into it's inventory. Using the world filler the corpses could show up on the pile as you stacked them on.

Once the player has piled the zombies on top he could then light the pyre and it would burn, taking the corpses with it.

The main reason I thought this could be a good idea is so that the burning of bodies as shown in the videos seems a bit dangerous, the fire could spread or the player could accidentally burn himself.

Also this would be a good idea for a mod I suppose but I don't know how! 

main problem is that things like nails are a limited quantity item. wasting them to build a pyre to burn zombies is.....well, wasteful.

I don't think it would necessarily need to use nails, just a large amount of wood stacked in a way to hold the bodies. 

we would have to see how the Devs work out the building details....if they even find this the least bit interesting.

and whose to say they would NOT have used nails to build the pyre if they would have them back in the day?

one way or another, they had to secure the strongest pillars together to keep it from falling apart. maybe they used rope of some sort?

to me it sounds like a way to draw the zombies to your location, and to fill the air with the acrid odor of burning decayed flesh

we would have to see how the Devs work out the building details....if they even find this the least bit interesting.

and whose to say they would NOT have used nails to build the pyre if they would have them back in the day?

one way or another, they had to secure the strongest pillars together to keep it from falling apart. maybe they used rope of some sort?

to me it sounds like a way to draw the zombies to your location, and to fill the air with the acrid odor of burning decayed flesh

Everything needs it's positives and negatives, so maybe it would be safer to have the pyre and the pile of bodies on top, for it to be safer from spreading onto you, or buildings, etc.. The negative to that is that it would draw zombies, then again I think that burning bodies in the first place would do the same, maybe this would just be on a bigger scale.

Yeah it is essentially just a fire 'zone', like a four square pile of wood you plop corpses on and then set on fire, no traits, nothing fancy, just fire. Think of it simply as a way to burn bodies without using gasoline.

Exactly, I just want to not burn my safe house down when disposing bodies.