The Problem

Bodies of water are dull and almost unrecognizable as water. They are static, produce no ambient noise and have no glint or shine that differentiates it from the land around it.

How Can the Game Improve in Respect to this Problem?

• Better water textures. Give water a flow and current. Maybe even a subtle shimmer.
  • Waves. No matter what size, waves make bodies of water instantly recognizable.
  • Audio and proximity. Allow players to detect when they are near a body of water by slowly fading in the sound of flowing water .

Does it Make Sense for the Game?

Bodies of water would become important for the player to be aware of. The sound of flowing water can muffle or block out the sound of an approaching zombie.

Trash and useful items would wash up on the shores of rivers and lakes. 

Is it worth the time and effort to develop?

The game seems severely lacking in giving movement and "life" to the game world. More dynamic and visually appealing bodies of water would give the game world more "life" and would also make the player more aware of them.

The game is a WIP, the developers are currently working on bigger projects. Like, NPC's, vehicles and hunting. I'm sure they will fix the minor details when they get the big things out there.

As for the SFX

I was already told by Mash that there will be more of it in the future. 

Thanks for the update. I have been following the dev progress for a while and I am aware of that the tasks on the development forefront are, as you said, NPCs, vehicles and hunting. I just wanted to bring up the issue of water textures because it was the only thing that really truly bothered be in the current builds. Just wanted to make sure the have it on their list is all. Glad to hear it is!