Positive or Negative Occurrences

Neltarin

Surely if you're feeling a little sad in real life (for any reason, whether it be the apocalyptic troubles, or wife problems), yoou go check on your crops outside and when you see their fully grown and ready tobe harvested, you cheer up and suddenly you're in a much better mood!!

After obtaining the slightly sad moodlet very frequently, I thought of an idea on how to possibly addmore depth and realism to PZ.

Suggesting that some actions, events and occurrences change your mood, whether it be making you more happy, increasing your boredom levels, reducing your boredom levels, making you more frightened, etc...

• Thunder/Lightning strikes increase your fear, they make you panic because of the loud noise (+Panic)
  • Finishing a man-made structure makes your character very happy and gives himself a sense of accomplishment (+Happiness, +Boredom reduction) (this could be done by the game checking to see if 4 walls/corners of man-made material are connected, along with an adequate doorway and at least 1 piece of furniture inside the build - It could add more happiness for; each square inside the building (would stop people abusing it with 1x1 areas), Each piece of man-made furniture, each man-made window, etc...)
  • Harvesting a crop (+Happiness) (For every plant/crop you successfully harvest you could gain a small bit of happiness)
  • Securing a safehouse/Barricading all the windows and clearing all the zombies from a building (+Happiness, -Panic)(If no zombies are detected inside a building, no windows are left unbarricaded, all doors are closed and all openings/entrances are sealed off then the player should receive a large happiness boost and their panic should quickly reduce)

• Getting a full, uninterrupted nights sleep (+Happiness, -Panic)
  • Being near a campfire (+Happiness, -Panic, +Tiredness) (People always feel safe and secure around campfires, it also helps you nod off quicker)

there's many more events which could be added/made to affect the players moodlets, but I'm not going to suggest anymore here (yet!)

This whole post is just to hopefully show the developers that this should be implemented! 

Awesome idea, one more suggestion, checking every room in a house leads to -panic unless a zombie is seen, any zombies seen need to be killed for the -panic, otherwise you will be panicked while you travel around the house until you leave. -panic also occurs if you check all rooms and see no zombies (even if they are in the room you just don't see them.)

+panic when you hear nearby groans, especially when it's in the same building as you, +panic when you hear windows and doors smash.

+terrified when cornered

Awesome idea, one more suggestion, checking every room in a house leads to -panic unless a zombie is seen, any zombies seen need to be killed for the -panic,

-snip-

Yeah, that's what clearing a safehouse is, killing/removing all zombies and threats in the house!

There's also many more scenarios which could be added to here like running out of ammo .increases your panic, melee weapons breaking doing the same thing... 

Any more suggestions & stuff are welcome!! 

• Thunder/Lightning strikes increase your fear, they make you panic because of the loud noise (+Panic)

Maybe this could be one of the negatives you choose at the start of the game.  I don't really see how this is all to realistic though.

Edit:  Also maybe finding essentials or just good items you get a happiness boost.  If I was in the apocalypse I'd be over the moon finding a shotgun.

Maybe this could be one of the negatives you choose at the start of the game.  I don't really see how this is all to realistic though.

Edit:  Also maybe finding essentials or just good items you get a happiness boost.  If I was in the apocalypse I'd be over the moon finding a shotgun.

I think it would be realistic. In the lonely post-apocalyptic world of Project Zomboid, you would become quite used to the near silence. The only sounds you would hear would be your own breath, the wind blowing around you, and the low moaning and groaning of zombies. The sound produced by explosive thunder claps and bellowing thunder rolls would be extra harsh on your ears and probably frighten you even more, especially  if you are being chased down by a horde or holed up in the darkness of a house.

The flash of lighting can also be stunning, and, if you are caught out in the dark, it may even cause your eyes to readjust to the quick flash of light and temporarily blind you while you fumble through the dark.

Thunder and lighting may seem like nothing to us, but it can be a cold dose of dread and fear for a lonely survivor of the apocalypse.

-snip-

I think it would be realistic. In the lonely post-apocalyptic world of Project Zomboid, you would become quite used to the near silence. The only sounds you would hear would be your own breath, the wind blowing around you, and the low moaning and groaning of zombies. The sound produced by explosive thunder claps and bellowing thunder rolls would be extra harsh on your ears and probably frighten you even more, especially  if you are being chased down by a horde or holed up in the darkness of a house.

The flash of lighting can also be stunning, and, if you are caught out in the dark, it may even cause your eyes to readjust to the quick flash of light and temporarily blind you while you fumble through the dark.

Thunder and lighting may seem like nothing to us, but it can be a cold dose of dread and fear for a lonely survivor of the apocalypse.

Exactly, the flash of light may make you see shadows, muffle footsteps, create discomfort, etc... You're thinking about zombies sneaking up on you and that weather certainly adds to the ominous nature, I'd be scared shitless personally... 

Exactly, the flash of light may make you see shadows, muffle footsteps, create discomfort, etc... You're thinking about zombies sneaking up on you and that weather certainly adds to the ominous nature, I'd be scared shitless personally... 

Maybe in early game, or when your hiding or something.  But if it had been 2 months after the apocalypse, I was in a neighborhood I knew well and was mostly cleared out it would be annoying to have your character randomly get panicked by some lightning.  Maybe under specific circumstances, like clearing out a large building or hiding in a house from a horde.  or maybe have it increase panic only if you are already panicked.