Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

[NEW STUFF]

• Multiple text lines editor.

Curious what this means exactly?

It mean you now have an editor to write text, it's not prefect as you can't select text for now, but it give me headache when I code it again, it may stay like this for the build 28, it's still 100% ok to write journal and stuff :)

Don't even let them backspace! AT THE END OF THE WORLD, ALL YOU HAVE ARE PENS AND DRY-DEAD PENCIL ERASERS! All the backspace button does is strikethrough the text make it look like a real journal! Backspacing over it again adds a double strike, and a third backspace just blacks it out.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

When it comes to "Doodling" on a piece of paper, have a small white pad appear with an MS Paint-like interface and let the player actually pixel doodle and draw stick men and zombies and maps with stash locations and stick men being chased by zombies while looking for stash locations!

(Only semi-serious hence why I'm not suggesting it in the Suggestion section)

I am liking what I'm seeing in the build 28 projection. Keep up the good work guys! :)

I enjoy this game and community so much I have bought copies for my friends to support the devs in some way, will probably buy more for friends. Rare these days for devs to be so in touch on forums etc.

It'll be really hard to implement this crossed text thing tho :D

Do you mean like writing on walls? If that's what you mean, There should be a minigame type thing where you use a spraypaint can to write it. So your mouse curor would be the spray can. And you could have different colored cans. :) That would be awesome. So I could write, Dead inside. On a building.

Hello, this is my first post! I did'nt found a topic about this but I'll follow on the question Sweetcandyflip asked. When the opportunity to lock the doors, windows and crates etc...? This would be awesome and a great big step for MP and will give a real sense to "safehouse". Safe from the Others lol.
PS: Thanks for this fantastic game! Keep up the good work!

i want grensaidse an a bazoka pls...been askinf for like...for-frikin-ever devs...pls...need bazoka nd grensade...and alsp caltropsnand mines pls...thanks a lot...

You already said it in the ranged weapon post, it's not even funny :(

The new gun its great , but for the loot of zombie try to eat you in the same time its not a Bolt action can safe your life ..... That why we new automatic rifle .... Because if you have 150 in your ass its not pistol or shotgun can safe your life its a damn aussault rifle ! :D 

Do you mean like writing on walls? If that's what you mean, There should be a minigame type thing where you use a spraypaint can to write it. So your mouse curor would be the spray can. And you could have different colored cans. :) That would be awesome. So I could write, Dead inside. On a building.

NO MINIGAMES!!!

NO MINIGAMES!!!

It doesn't need to be a minigame

i want grensaidse an a bazoka pls...been askinf for like...for-frikin-ever devs...pls...need bazoka nd grensade...and alsp caltropsnand mines pls...thanks a lot...

The new gun its great , but for the loot of zombie try to eat you in the same time its not a Bolt action can safe your life ..... That why we new automatic rifle .... Because if you have 150 in your ass its not pistol or shotgun can safe your life its a damn aussault rifle ! :D

This is not an arcade game. You're not meant to run around killing 150 zombies at a whim. It's a serious survival game.

Yup, it's not like a FPS, and trust me, the bolt action rifle is maybe not a life saver vs a big horde (shotgun is there for that case, but seriously, if you see a big horde, just run, you won't be able to kill them all !) but it's a really good weapon for recon, I finishing the test on it, with the bullet pierce and a good aiming skill, his range is just perfect :)

Yup, it's not like a FPS, and trust me, the bolt action rifle is maybe not a life saver vs a big horde (shotgun is there for that case, but seriously, if you see a big horde, just run, you won't be able to kill them all !) but it's a really good weapon for recon, I finishing the test on it, with the bullet pierce and a good aiming skill, his range is just perfect :)

I can't wait to use it in game :D

So since I can shoot down with the rifle now, it makes much more sense if you're on the roof of a building. What about shooting up? I imagine someone on top of the warehouse in Mul, behind some sandbags or something, and someone taking cover behind a car (cover is planned also I think?) and of course the person on top would have an advantage then. However, we should be able to hopefully shoot up at them (very inaccurately) but so we could cover our buddies or something.

Why do we need military guns for. I mean yeah in the near future damn right but not right now.

Pistol for long range: Shotgun for short.

Id rather have zombies migrating then new toys to play with. Seriously if you played the game before steam. it was scary as hell making a safe house. All it took was one zombie to know you was there then the whole horde will be there.

I miss the old days so much, not being to jump fences ;). Having so much fun dodging the hordes unbelievable play experience.

I think i was one of the first 100 people to buy zomboid. it only cost me £5.

I remember when lemmys flat got broken into and 2 of his laptops were stolen. Scary days. 

Also trying to keep up with enigma. first person to survive a year on the old build. I still hate him for it :D

maybe not a life saver vs a big horde (shotgun is there for that case

Shouldn't shotgun be mostly useless against a horde, since all you're doing is spraying them with some buckshot?

It won't help you kill the horde, but it's got pushback and knockdown potential to buy you time to get out (with how it works in the new build).

This is not an arcade game. You're not meant to run around killing 150 zombies at a whim. It's a serious survival game 

Why you say Arcade its just more realistic ... Because the Dev can put new job look like military soldier ect  military zone where you can find body armor assault rifle ?  its not why you kill 150 zombie you can say its a ``Arcade```game .....   

And btw, nope, an assault rifle will never save you from a horde neither, let's say it have 40 ammo, depending on how fast you shoot, 80% of those bullets will go in chest/legs/etc. not head, that mean you may kill like 10 zombies, the other will be knocked back, that's all

ATM all the guns are useless against a horde compared to a fireaxe with proper timing and kiting. You can kill a hundred zombies in complete silence with a single axe, up to 5 at a time if you corner and groundpound the piles that build up. If you were going to nerf something unrealistic, you should really nerf the superhero melee weapons before you nerf guns more. The massive sound draw and limited ammo already makes them inferior.