Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

Love the new additions with 27 and the increment on 28.

A few questions that I am not sure have been answered (I had a look but couldn't see them so apologies if they have):

1)  How does PZ know what your 'Safehouse' is?

2)  Is the sound relative to the camera view or the character view?  I assume the former.

3)  With v27 the corpses decayed, but any items stored in them would disappear, which doesn't make sense, or at least to stop items from being littered all over the place from un-looted corpses, perhaps it could be that corpses that had items put back into them would drop their items on the floor when fully decayed?

This is sort of moot for 28 as corpses don't decay anymore, but in case you bring it back.

Keep up the good work!

I already tried to throw whisky at BBQ flame.. I was so disapointed, no big flames like in the movies and stuff :(

@EcksTen

1) By safehouse I mean where a player crafted something (like built a wall, a crate..)

2) To the camera, I tried quickly based on the player but it was really weird...

Whiskey is flamable, just not very potent, usually bottles say that it is flamable.

Seriously? What brand was it? I have tried on numerous occasions to light it on fire without any success. How much alcohol was it percetage-wise?

And to RJ, for example we have 50 zombies in this cell, when I kill them all, will it be replenished to 50 again over time? Or will the zombies actually build up over time to a higher number if they weren't all killed? I would like very much to know how the respawning functions.

Whiskey is flamable, just not very potent, usually bottles say that it is flamable.

Seriously? What brand was it? I have tried on numerous occasions to light it on fire without any success. How much alcohol was it percetage-wise?

And to RJ, for example we have 50 zombies in this cell, when I kill them all, will it be replenished to 50 again over time? Or will the zombies actually build up over time to a higher number if they weren't all killed? I would like very much to know how the respawning functions.

60% Glenfarclas whiskey. And as i said it does a small flame, to light stuff up is useless.

here 

This is an specific brand to make those lighten up shots that are just dumb, here in Portugal we have a drink like that called the Dragon ball 

With burning the Corpse it would be nice to add a feature to exting the fire also, just happend to me yesterday that i burned to death after walking automatic over a campfire to check the crops. hat waterbarrels next to me and water on my char but was useless.

We can allrdy empty bowls, buckets, bottles on the ground and water plants, so would be nice to kill fire on yourseld at least by doing this also.

With burning the Corpse it would be nice to add a feature to exting the fire also, just happend to me yesterday that i burned to death after walking automatic over a campfire to check the crops. hat waterbarrels next to me and water on my char but was useless.

We can allrdy empty bowls, buckets, bottles on the ground and water plants, so would be nice to kill fire on yourseld at least by doing this also.

Expanding on this, if I have a bucket of water in my hands it should give me the ability to 'douse' a campfire to extinguish it similarly.

Expanding on this, if I have a bucket of water in my hands it should give me the ability to 'douse' a campfire to extinguish it similarly.

Guys, this isn't the place for feature suggestions.

I already tried to throw whisky at BBQ flame.. I was so disapointed, no big flames like in the movies and stuff :(

@EcksTen

1) By safehouse I mean where a player crafted something (like built a wall, a crate..)

2) To the camera, I tried quickly based on the player but it was really weird...

Well Tequila and some wierd-ass mexican Whisky does light up the fire pretty good for me, but yeah gas should be the primary fuel to burn them, but holy crap the loot tables for the gas then should be a bit more bumped.

As I said, the zombies will respawn in small number, only on road when they are empty of zombies and unseen for X times, but they'll respawn more on the highway, as they cross the forest to it the center of town :)

Question:

What happens when a player pinpoints the place where the zombies spawn from?

Lets say a group of players see where the zombies are coming from, so they build some outpost, i read that zombies wont spawn near player constructions, so it would stop the respawn overall?

-snip-

Lets say a group of players see where the zombies are coming from, so they build some outpost, i read that zombies wont spawn near player constructions, so it would stop the respawn overall?

Hopefully, zombies doesn't respawn in only a single place and will respawn regardless of if their "spawn points" are too close to player builds.

I'm sure having zombies spawn everywhere wouldn't be an issue, even if they only spawned in on the highway that wouldn't be an isue thanks to the large size and lengths of a highway.

If a player builds constructions all along the highway to stop zombies spawning then they deserve to not have any more fun on that map and that can be considered endgame? :P

so we can write notes in the upcoming build......

that would be great for those of us who use the rubber duckies as Guard Ducks in our MP compound.

give a bit of history/back story on each duck and how they wound up with their new human friends.

also good for Spiffo and his numerous cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters.

after all, in a Zombie Apocalypse, anything you can do to keep some sanity is a good thing.

and on a deserted island as well. right,Wilson?

that would be great for those of us who use the rubber duckies as Guard Ducks in our MP compound.

give a bit of history/back story on each duck and how they wound up with their new human friends.

also good for Spiffo and his numerous cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters.

after all, in a Zombie Apocalypse, anything you can do to keep some sanity is a good thing.

Heh rubber duckie guards that's a good idea. I haven't touched one rubber duck yet but that is most likely gonna change now.

Once in MP i found a cabin safehouse that was full of blood splatters, broken door and windows with sheets but no corpses inside.

Insde the house there was like this circle of rotten food and in the middle of it, there was a rubber duck and a spiffo sitting in a splatter of blood in the floor.

When is night and i go to bed i always wonder what the flying fuck happen insde that house.

I can never find a spiffo anymore.

I traded a bag of food for one awhile ago and then got an axe to my head from someone outside the house I was trading in... <This was on a rp server that said no player killing allowed lol. (Event was in effect for trading in spiffos for a supply drop at your base each spiffo was worth so many supplies lol.)

I can never find a spiffo anymore.

I traded a bag of food for one awhile ago and then got an axe to my head from someone outside the house I was trading in... <This was on a rp server that said no player killing allowed lol. (Event was in effect for trading in spiffos for a supply drop at your base each spiffo was worth so many supplies lol.)

I think Spiffo spawns were decreased at the beginning of Build 27 :/

Hey RJ, I got a question. An old mondoid mentioned we would be able to move garbage cans/bins/etc to transport items by dragging (i.e, drag the garbage can about, likely by holding down Shift or Ctrl), has this been forgotten or something?

Hey RJ, I got a question. An old mondoid mentioned we would be able to move garbage cans/bins/etc to transport items by dragging (i.e, drag the garbage can about, likely by holding down Shift or Ctrl), has this been forgotten or something?

I'm not RJ but I'll answer anyway: it's not been forgotten, but it also doesn't have anything to do with this version. It'll happen when movable furniture in general is reimplemented.

With the upcoming implementation of burning corpses and the talk of disease when around them for too long if left undesposed of I have one concern.

How will this affect very dense zombie areas (like the mall)? These areas are already tough due to the amount of zombies, but I feel like it will be borderline impossible if I'm also going to be getting sick and dying while trying to even get into the place from the towns worth of corpses that there will be. Burnings fine for contained smaller scenarios but I can't imagine it being feasible with something like the mall. I could be wrong, but if I'm not.. will there be some sort of mask of sorts, even if it's only a simple makeshift one made from clothing? It could just do something as simple as reduce infections so that you aren't dying before you can even clear these areas out.

With the upcoming implementation of burning corpses and the talk of disease when around them for too long if left undesposed of I have one concern.

How will this affect very dense zombie areas (like the mall)? These areas are already tough due to the amount of zombies, but I feel like it will be borderline impossible if I'm also going to be getting sick and dying while trying to even get into the place from the towns worth of corpses that there will be. Burnings fine for contained smaller scenarios but I can't imagine it being feasible with something like the mall. I could be wrong, but if I'm not.. will there be some sort of mask of sorts, even if it's only a simple makeshift one made from clothing? It could just do something as simple as reduce infections so that you aren't dying before you can even clear these areas out.

Firstly such scenarios would be (and in my opinion should be) incredibly harsh to survive in, you'd likely have to lure them into a designated kill-zone and clear out smaller sections to live in, secondly I doubt you'd die fast enough from it to be incurable, it would likely take days and if you stock up on medical supplies beforehand it ought to be doable. Just noone in their right mind would single handedly expect to be able to survive in a mall of that size anyway.

Balancing aside (since that will come into full swing later on in development) I don't suspect it to be so incredibly harsh, I feel that it would possibly take days of exposure to geniunely become properly (fatally) ill.

• [MP] Added experimental loot respawn, you have to setup the serverOption "HoursForLootRespawn", if you set it as 48, it mean the zone will have to be unseen for 48 in game hour before loot respawning, same as zombies respawn, I'd LOVE to have feedback on it :)

I dont like respawn. Typically when I enter the zombe apokalypse I roam the city systematicly*.  So, if there are randomly spawning things this would:

a) break the rules of logic and science**

b) break my personal rules, which unsettles me the most

Personally I would prefer if items spawn in containers who aren't visited for XX hours and were touched by a zombie. So when the player roams the city and finds a zombie scamper in a house he might check if he might have dropped something there(yes I know a zombie probably wouldn't put a book in a bookshelf*** when he drops it). I'd love to follow a zombie horde like its the Flooding of the Nile.

*Every house gets marked as NEW(closed entrance door), USELESS(wooden stick in entrance door) and PLUNDERED(entrance door door stolen)

**"An empty container is empty, bro."

-Charles Darwin

***It's common zombie knowledge that books stay longer fresh in a fridge