Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

This build has a bad fire bug ATM and something needs added so players can put fires out on other players as well as themselves when they accidently get caught on fire.

I got some fire experience too. Fire is spreading really easily now!

Welcome to the deep south :D

:D When I first moved into the house I'm in now, the entire yard was full of weeds/grass, up to about 4-5 feet high. Had to use a weedeater to carve a path to the front door because the sidewalk was overgrown. Currently it takes the drainage ditch out front about 2-3 weeks to get up to 3-5 feet high, and if we didn't mow the lawn once a week or so, it would get back up to 4-5 in probably about two months max. This is in Tennessee, a little bit east of Nashville, but it's fairly normal in the entire area, Kentucky included.

If PZ was realistic, with it raining as much as it does we'd all be fighting our way through vast fields of crap we can't see through within 3 months. That'd be some scary shit right there. Unless you happened to find some military grade herbicide at Ft. Knox...;)

Welcome to the deep south :D

:D When I first moved into the house I'm in now, the entire yard was full of weeds/grass, up to about 4-5 feet high. Had to use a weedeater to carve a path to the front door because the sidewalk was overgrown. Currently it takes the drainage ditch out front about 2-3 weeks to get up to 3-5 feet high, and if we didn't mow the lawn once a week or so, it would get back up to 4-5 in probably about two months max. This is in Tennessee, a little bit east of Nashville, but it's fairly normal in the entire area, Kentucky included.

If PZ was realistic, with it raining as much as it does we'd all be fighting our way through vast fields of crap we can't see through within 3 months. That'd be some scary shit right there. Unless you happened to find some military grade herbicide at Ft. Knox... ;)

Aye, I used to work on a farm and there was a field there that had been let grow up for a year or so without cutting. By that time, the briars were so high that when I cut across the field I could barely see the sunlight at noon and so thick I had to cut through with a machete to make it across. It gets scary down here.

Hi,

My 2 cents about loot respawn ; on some servers, player constructions tend to occupy more and more space, which makes loot respawn almost useless. Would it not be better if loot respawned "around" a new player upon joining a server ? ( first time joining the server with the given account ) ? That way new comers would be able to get a start without starving immediatly as no players may be met the fist days.

Spawn locations may need to be random ( to not spawn into a player base, it happened to me :D ) so food don't spawn there.

I didn't go through all 34 pages to check if someone already asked, sorry if that's the case. ^^

As development continues, I imagine the whole respawn issue will continue to get more attention and the options will become more complex.  For instance, one thing that would be nice to be able to do (but I have no clue if it's practical) would be to give the option to completely redraw/reset specific cells - erasing any player manipulation entirely and respawning zombies and loot accordingly.  This way a server admin could designate some areas of the map as 'free construction' zones and other zones would be subject to a complete reset.  If this ends up being possible, it would also allow server admins to fine tune things according to their server capabilities since I am guessing the more player manipulation you try to retain on the map, the more load you are likely to have on the server.

If it IS possible, something that would be helpful is if there is a way to identify how the chunks correspond to the map.  I'm not at home right now so I can't look at the files, but is it something pretty obvious (like the files are named according to the chunk #) or is it some other method?

Using RoboMat's coordinate viewer mod should sort it for you.

Yes, this is what you will need to help you out. It might take a bit of figuring out, however using his tool you will be able to figure out the naming conventions for chunks.

Deletion of chunks will repopulate them either on server restart or when the player wonder in again. Keep in mind if a player has connected there may be player map inconsistencies as there can be with saves on a world reset.

So I've been hesitant to update to IWBUMS for obvious reasons, but I'm about ready to take the plunge.

My question is, once I start up the beta, will I be able to switch between IWBUMS and build 27 while it's still available?

I know, I know, you would think Minecraft would have taught me not to get attached to my creations or items because you can lose them in an instant....but I found all the books and I'm not done feeling good about my little library :-)

But I also want to do some up-to-date in-game testing for some wiki stuff.

So I've been hesitant to update to IWBUMS for obvious reasons, but I'm about ready to take the plunge.

My question is, once I start up the beta, will I be able to switch between IWBUMS and build 27 while it's still available?

I know, I know, you would think Minecraft would have taught me not to get attached to my creations or items because you can lose them in an instant....but I found all the books and I'm not done feeling good about my little library :-)

But I also want to do some up-to-date in-game testing for some wiki stuff.

It's always advisable to back up anything that you hold dear.

But yeah, you can absolutely switch between them at will. It's just I'd highly advise you to backup your savegames in case updating to 28 and/or downgrading back to 27 breaks anything.

Everything to be safe.

It's always advisable to back up anything that you hold dear.

But yeah, you can absolutely switch between them at will. It's just I'd highly advise you to backup your savegames in case updating to 28 and/or downgrading back to 27 breaks anything.

Everything to be safe.

Thanks, I'll do it now!

I'm loving this build at the moment. The firearm overhaul seems to make the game more difficult, which is good. It also makes PvP a lot more interesting. The loot and zombie respawns make online servers more populated, making for more survivor encounters. Just can't wait for all moodles to have negative effects to bring another level of difficulty to manage.