Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

I tried B27 real quickly and noticed that you can not attack while walking, correct. Though in B28 it seems to have a delay in the input when you try to walk. Possibly caused by the 'recoil' animation when the gun is not loaded. Which wasn't in B27.

At least the pistol seems a lot more realistic in terms of accuracy on the 1st level! I'm really liking it. :) I can see the complaints coming though.  :???: It might need just a tiny nerf to be able to hit slightly better when close to a zombie. It's very realistic right now imo, but for more casual gamers I think it's going to be a slight problem.

All in all much, much better!! Good work guys!

Have you tried the shotgun yet? I noticed a few issues but wondered if it was just my save. 

Just did. Didn't have any big issues though. :???: Read on for my opinion on them though. :D

I'll have to say, I just love the shotgun now!! <3 I really like that you are better off taking that few seconds to aim rather than just blast while backing away. It's like with the charging before attack and it works very well. It feels like a real weapon now.

Actually, there was just one slight issue with aiming. When I downed a zombie and another one was coming at me from a let's say in an about 30o angle and behind it, when I aimed at the walking one, the shotgun targeted the downed one. And it was well off my aim. Felt really like an assisted aim.

And actually I do have to somewhat correct that pistol comment. I found a pistol with an iron sight and that thing aims pretty nicely with the 1st level skill. Although I'd still tweak the very close aiming. Atm when your just next to a zombie and try to shoot it while backing up it takes a bit too much to hit it. And that's fully awake, no exhaustion, no hunger, no thirst and without panic, using beta blockers. But otherwise it works just fine.

On the subject of perma-locked windows, I love them too!! <3 I just wish that the likelihood of them would be even bigger, so you'd really have situations where you just have no other way than breaking the window. I guess this could be done when/if some sort of lockpicking/door forcing comes to play, but I'd really wish for it already.

• [MP] Added experimental loot respawn, you have to setup the serverOption "HoursForLootRespawn", if you set it as 48, it mean the zone will have to be unseen for 48 in game hour before loot respawning, same as zombies respawn, I'd LOVE to have feedback on it :)

This and other stuff marked as MP things. I have a question 'bout them. Does Coop counts as MP or SP? I mean the thing when I start projectzomboidserver or something like that and we all start Hamachi and play. I guess it's MP 'cause we can't sleep, guess that's the MP thing (don't know, never played that)

Question I noticed you can right on notebooks but what about sheets of paper? I had a pen and pencil and tried to make a doodle and it would not let me.

I found a deck of cards and its fun but I still can't find dice anywhere lol. First round in game I found 7 propane tanks no gas cans lol thought it was funny I found so many in just one hour of playing lol. Quit looking as I had decided to quit playing for now. (Already started a pile of zombie corpses to burn XD.)

Yeah I have put a few more hours in and ran a few new play through with different zombie toughness. After adjusting to the change in pace it is good, feel the aiming/angle of fire could be a bit tighter. Loving the mods and crafting looking forward to testing the multi player features   :D

Do you guys like the bar system for damage and durability? i'm not sure about it, i'd love a little number next to the bar that says the actual percentage.  Even a number instead of the star on main screen icon for the weapon would be more intuitive than it is now.

I don't think going more exact would be the right thing to do for the game to be honest. You can't tell exactly when a baseball bat will break or when an axehead will slip. No reason you should be able to in game, either, in my opinion. Personally, I'd rather it be less exact.

I know that. Which is why I'm asking.

If its going to take 1 month+, then we can just go ahead and update the version now.

If its a week or two, we can perhaps wait.

I was just asking on the average time it has taken previously.

What are you asking, exactly? It's as simple as selecting the IWBUMS in Steam and runnning the ProjectZomboidServer.bat. It might also be necessary to delete the old world. It's something that can be done in minutes.

But, if server admins choose not to do it, then that's their concern.

Nevermind, misunderstanding on my part. The period of time for which this version will take to become official is undefined. Could be anywhere from a day to a month, depending on how it goes.

EG is right, we really can't tell, it's only up to the feedback we have, but for now, we have lot of feedback ! I had a lot from French forum too, gonna fix all bugs so far and see how's going, when you guys don't have bugs (well, almost) we could release it in public.

Rememebr if you update your server, backup your save ! Seems to have a save compatibility I need to fix (and it's quite a PITA to do :P)

I'm not asking for an ETA.

But, for server Hard reset purposes. How long has it usually taken from this point until the official release?

For the end of the game i say no less than 6 months, for the experimental build to become stable i'd say from 1 week to a month and a half.

Nevermind, you meant the public servers to switch to new exp version after reading more carefully.

p.s. Well done to the devs for this amazing game, i was really critical about it initially but you guys came a long way, the progresses have been slow but exponential! I don't know of any other game that is so "realistic" as surviving goes.  No fp/survival will have reach this level, no dayz (that i love), no rust, no the forest, no nether, no unturned, not even don't starve! I'm glad i bought this (2 months b4 steam), and i'm proud i got 4 friends to buy it. Keep on doing what you're doing for whatever (time) it takes!

i don't understand why a spade would weight 1.5 when a crowbar is 4. shouldn't be the other way around?

How could a wooden stick with a metal plate at the end weight more than a full fledged iron/metal tube bent in a certain form? I don't know about crowbars in America, but here in Russia it's pretty fair for our crowbars and (big) ice-picks. :P