Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

I already made some research (and become afraid by NSA again) about hand made explosive, looks like you can find black powder almost everywhere in the USA, so Pipe bomb may become a thing ;)

You know I was actually planning to try to make a mod for this but if its something you're considering I'll throw the information out there.  A serious concern in rural Kentucky is the protection of Anhydrous Ammonia fertilizer from potential thieves.  Anhydrous is typically used as an industrial fertilizer by mid to large acreage farms that produce on a commercial scale but occasionally smaller operations will pick some up to boost crop yield.  *Anyone* unrecognized individual sneaking around a modern farmers barn typically elicits an immediate visit from the local police to make sure they're not attempting to steal any of this stuff.

Why is everyone so nervous about protecting it, you ask?  Anhydrous Ammonia is one of two commonly available components used to produce ANFO (read more about ANFO here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANFO).  The Anhydrous is dangerous enough by itself due to being explosively combustive and potentially thermally reactive to water but, when combined with a bit of "fuel oil" it's one of the world's most kinetically powerful explosives.  Rumors have circulated for years that gasoline, old motor oil, and other petroleum substances can be combined with Anhydrous to produced a "poor man's" ANFO explosive and the department of Homeland Security keeps a ear open any time some goes missing, just in case any domestic terrorist suspects might be involved.  Its even rumored that Anhydrous Ammonia was one of the primary components of the car bomb that destroyed the Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995.

Of course, this may go a bit beyond the scope of what you're looking to put in to PZ, as I could easily see these explosives becoming much, much too large and destructive to properly fit in with the game's current difficulty balance.  Just thought I'd throw it out there.  Keep up the good work!

hrmm...  iono about random spawning in the abandoned area... i like to set up multiple base camps around the map, fortified with wooden walls so no zombies can get in. i feel like with this random spawning, i'm going to have unpleasant surprise when I just want to relax... ya know? ..

hrmm...  iono about random spawning in the abandoned area... i like to set up multiple base camps around the map, fortified with wooden walls so no zombies can get in. i feel like with this random spawning, i'm going to have unpleasant surprise when I just want to relax... ya know? ..

That's kinda the point of the game...

[NEW STUFF]

• Loot respawn can't happen in a zone where the player have built (or barricaded) stuff (to avoid spawning in/near safe house).

Do sheet curtains count as player buildings? Tents? Campfires? Lanterns? What about the new signs and paint? I tend to make many minor (curtained but unbarricaded) safe-houses as I travel through the city so that I always have a place to escape to if necessary. I can foresee that behavior causing arguments in MP if I'm permanently reducing the future available loot for everyone else.

Is this a permanent flag, or will destroying structures cause loot to respawn again?

Will NPC barricades block respawn as well when they arrive?

:P if thats supposed to simulate other survivors roaming around - would you leave your stuff into a house where are signs of recent survivor activity? I doubt so.

Game mechanics vice, gotta wait for the Official statement. Hype is hope. Hype is victory XD

Good day survivors.
After 1 year of absence I'm back with the same question I had last time and I figured the "upcoming build" thread might be the best place to put my question since this game is still on my Steam wishlist.

Q: Does the Steam version of Project Zomboid install the Java Runtime on the PC on its first run or does it come with a bundled Java Runtime in the game folder (no JRE install required) ?

Last time I asked this the answer was that it does require Java to be installed on the system which is a no-buy criteria for me.
I quickly checked the support forum here a bit and I can only find vague, contradicting information.
Some mention it has Exe4J and comes with a bundled JRE in the install folder but then the official tech FAQ (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5832-tech-faq-feb-19-2014) mentions a Java Download and Install is required.

Long story short, can a dev or mod please give me a definite answer about the current JRE status please ?
Don't take it the wrong way, I have nothing against Java but I don't want it to be installed on the system.

I'm not a dev or a mod, but I can give you a definite answer anyway as far as Windows and Linux are concerned. On Windows the game runs using its own bundled JRE. On Linux it uses your installed JVM. On OSX I'm a bit less definitive, but IIRC the OSX version also runs using a JRE bundled with the game.

I'm not a dev or a mod, but I can give you a definite answer anyway as far as Windows and Linux are concerned. On Windows the game runs using its own bundled JRE. On Linux it uses your installed JVM. On OSX I'm a bit less definitive, but IIRC the OSX version also runs using a JRE bundled with the game.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, that's good news and I'll be making sure to buy the game in the next batch of games then and if it really is true (not that I don't trust you) I'll recommend it to my friends as well which were also hesitant because of the JRE install requirement from a year or so ago.

The official FAQ stickie post would need some updating then I'd say because it mentiones the JRE installation, but since it's been last updated in February things might've changed.

The Devs are making this a real fat and nice update :) I can't wait for it to be released to be honest ^^ I am going to make a few episode video series about it, probably role play as well, featuring some guy (me) that has gone insane being lonely and expresses his inner confusion with graffiti xD

Thank you very much for the quick reply, that's good news and I'll be making sure to buy the game in the next batch of games then and if it really is true (not that I don't trust you) I'll recommend it to my friends as well which were also hesitant because of the JRE install requirement from a year or so ago.

The official FAQ stickie post would need some updating then I'd say because it mentiones the JRE installation, but since it's been last updated in February things might've changed.

If you want to hear it from a mod/tech support; yes, the game comes bundled with Java for OS X and Windows but not Linux. It's only referenced in the FAQ as needing to be installed for Linux if you read it correctly. Cheers!

Quick question Rob, since the shotguns are getting nerfed, pistols getting buffed, and rifle being introduced will ammo distribution get rebalanced? I always seem to find 3 times as much 9mm as I find shotgun shells, which for now is a perfect balance since the shotgun is insanely powerful. Just wondering if it'll be easier to find ammo for the new "starter" gun :)

If you want to hear it from a mod/tech support; yes, the game comes bundled with Java for OS X and Windows but not Linux. It's only referenced in the FAQ as needing to be installed for Linux if you read it correctly. Cheers!

Most excellent, now the weekend can't come soon enough because I'm very much looking forward to finally buy and play this.

Thanks again to both of you.

I guess you're right about the FAQ, but at the Desura part and that it downloads and installs Java for me I assumed the Steam version would also do this at first launch of the game, especially with the information I had from a year ago so I felt it's better to just ask.

I'd perhaps add a "a Java installation for the Steam version on PC is not required because it is included" to the FAQ to make it absolutely clear and avoid misconception.

I want to tell you that we can not shoot from the various floors of houses or custom buildings like forts. Do you ever considered this possible change?

Shooting from 2nd floor etc? This is fixed in the upcoming update, although for some reason it's not mentioned in the list. I think it was either in the weapon overhaul thread or in this one where the fix was confirmed.

edit: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9432-the-new-ranged-weapon-system/

check rj's post on the first page.

@Croak

I wonder how common pistol rounds are vs other in RL place... Rather than "balancing" I would like to keep real ratio when it comes to civilian possessed weapons. Common sense would say pistols are more common, but it is US allright... weapon stores are obviously another story. chc

Is there some kind of a "road map" for the game development like the one Dayz has? If not, you could put something togeather for us to see what's planned for the future (besides NPCs and cars).

And, c'mon, give birth to that update, we are waiting to kill and burn my friend.

Enjoy, yo 

Is there some kind of a "road map" for the game development like the one Dayz has? If not, you could put something togeather for us to see what's planned for the future (besides NPCs and cars).

And, c'mon, give birth to that update, we are waiting to kill and burn my friend.

From http://store.steampowered.com/app/108600

• The return of our PZ Stories mode that also serves as first ever tutorial actively trying to kill you at every turn. Kate and Baldspot return!
  • In-depth and varied NPC encounters driven in a persistent world, powered by a metagame system that turns each play-through into your very own zombie survival movie with emergent narrative gameplay.
  • Engine upgrade to make the most of your graphics card as well as your processor
  • Constant expansion of the countryside and cities around Muldraugh and West Point
  • Full wilderness survival systems, animals and hunting for food.
  • More items, crafting recipes, weapons and gameplay systems.
  • Steam Workshop and Achievements support
  • Game pad support
  • Local 4 player split-screen co-op

Enjoy, yo 

Wtf with this video ? This is the worst thing France have ever made.

Enjoy, yo 

Also, here are some futureness.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Look for things with a Y

and Maybe look at things with M

Dont look at things with N