Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

As I've said before, dead bodies are actually much less likely to cause disease than being around live people. Bodies causing sickness is largely an old wive's tale.

Alright lets see if I put a dead mouse into a glass of water to rot, how much does the water get contaminated and if you drink it will you be sick? I hope you volunteer as you seem very certain :D

Imagine 9000 rotting corpses inside a river floating around, with a virus infection that nobody knows what causes it only that it spreads with blood and saliva... You would risk drinking from a river full of dead bodies right?

Contaminated =|= virulent/pathogenic. I wouldn't drink that because it would be nasty tasting. This concept is largely based on ignorance. Aside from very specific plagues (like the aforementioned Ebola, and please do keep in mind that a few exceptions do not discount a general rule like this) pathogens don't live in corpses for long. There's nothing to be gained- they can't replicate, can't spread, can't reproduce. All of those are made possible by having a LIVING host.

I'll cite sources once I get off work and have access to a computer.

Edit: this is all discounting the zombie pathogen, of course. Devs will not state a source for it, so it could well be magic. Whether or not it's water transmittable is entirely up to their judgement. I'm only speaking of mundane pathogens.

As I've said before, dead bodies are actually much less likely to cause disease than being around live people. Bodies causing sickness is largely an old wive's tale.

Alright lets see if I put a dead mouse into a glass of water to rot, how much does the water get contaminated and if you drink it will you be sick? I hope you volunteer as you seem very certain :D

Imagine 9000 rotting corpses inside a river floating around, with a virus infection that nobody knows what causes it only that it spreads with blood and saliva... You would risk drinking from a river full of dead bodies right?

Contaminated =|= virulent/pathogenic. I wouldn't drink that because it would be nasty tasting. This concept is largely based on ignorance. Aside from very specific plagues (like the aforementioned Ebola, and please do keep in mind that a few exceptions do not discount a general rule like this) pathogens don't live in corpses for long. There's nothing to be gained- they can't replicate, can't spread, can't reproduce. All of those are made possible by having a LIVING host.

I'll cite sources once I get off work and have access to a computer.

It's a fictional zombie virus you guys are talking about here

It would be coolski if anything that's not related to the upcoming build 28 could be discussed elsewhere :)

Hey guys (and gals ?), another update before we go in testing :

[NEW STUFF]

• Another server option for the loot respawn : MaxItemsForLootRespawn = 4 // For the loot respawn, if a container have more items than this number, it won't respawn loot (use it to limit respawn in safe house for example..)
  • You can now type admin commands directly in the console, no need to log as admin, for example do a : additem "rj" "Base.Axe" directly in the console to add this user an Axe, more admin commands are coming (probably for this build, will do it while testing), like broadcasting message and.. Well.. Idk yet :P (I'll update the "how to administrate your server" post today)
  • You can now add game meat (I mean rabbit, birds, squirrel.. from trapping) inside soup and stew.
  • Loot respawn can't happen in a zone where the player have built (or barricaded) stuff (to avoid spawning in/near safe house).
  • This is for Serrate Bloodrage (aka combat-medic badass :D) : You can now make your own bread ! Make a bread dough from flour, yeast, salt and a bit of water, cook it : become a true French today.
  • Cleaned the server console a bit (less messages).

[bUGFIX]

• Map exported with multiple fixes from Mash.
  • Zombies can't jump over closed/barricaded windows anymore.
  • Hammer will now correctly be equipped (if required) before crafting something.

[bALANCE]

• Bait for trapping will now use only 5 hunger reduction from the food you use as bait, also fixed minors things on trapping.
  • Lowered a lot the time required to cook bacons.

Really ? Gonna fix that now, thanks :P

Edit : Checked, expect Stew you can add them (and now in Stew too), but it have to be cut as Fish Fillet (you don't put an entire fish inside a soup.. Well.. In France they do it..)

You mean I can't add full fish inside a soup?! Was I doing it wrong this whole time? :D

Yeah, I think I've only tried with full fish, before I realized that I can cut them on fillet (I wasn't smart enough to try adding a fillet though.)

• ... You can now make your own bread ! Make a bread dough from flour, yeast, sugar and a bit of water, cook it : become a true French today.

Hopefully you mean flour, yeast, sugar, salt and water. But sugar isn´t realy nessasary look here: http://tinyurl.com/pykces6 realy simple bread (sorry it´s in german but you can translate via google)

But now to something not completely different, what about pizza, all you need for a simple pizza ist the dough (flour, salt, yeast, water) and something to put on tomato for the sauce, ham and cheese - or is it in and I havn´t seen ?

• ... You can now make your own bread ! Make a bread dough from flour, yeast, sugar and a bit of water, cook it : become a true French today.

Hopefully you mean flour, yeast, sugar, salt and water. But sugar isn´t realy nessasary look here: http://tinyurl.com/pykces6 realy simple bread (sorry it´s in german but you can translate via google)

But now to something not completely different, what about pizza, all you need for a simple pizza ist the dough (flour, salt, yeast, water) and something to put on tomato for the sauce, ham and cheese - or is it in and I havn´t seen ?

That's true, we need salt for classic bread. But still possible to make french baguette without salt. I buy one few day ago without salt. ^^

Just wondering, if explosives are a no-no, or a maybe? :D I mean home made dynamite, or land mine ^^

i can't tell but i presume explosives will be ingame. Obvs when the Army will be in, devs will add grenades and maybe mines... how can be in another way ?

But about home made dynamite or mine, i think's not.

I already made some research (and become afraid by NSA again) about hand made explosive, looks like you can find black powder almost everywhere in the USA, so Pipe bomb may become a thing ;)

Don't worry man, every game maker is listed in their database :D just imagine me searching for home made explosives, weapons, communication systems and ways to get rid of dead bodies XD I must be in top 20.

If only there were raisins and cinnamon, I would bake some cinnamon raisin bread and top it with butter...mmmm

Sorry, my inner cook is getting to me.

There's already grapes of raisins :P

Add pepper as cinnamon... What ? It can do the trick ! Mmh, maybe not..