Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

When This Update Coming? People Leaves this game. Because of Boring to wait for New Something !!

Make sure to read the Original Post (OP) it states to not ask for any ETA's

And no one is going to quit playing the game due to waiting the Indie Stone is actually pretty good on releasing new builds,

• Added paintable signs (skull, arrows..) over wall or post sign (new crafting) for every in game painting color (you need a paint brushe and the color you want).

What will we be able to paint just skulls and arrows or will we be able to paint letters as well?

Do you think writing letters on walls will be nice for the game?

I just can see with my future-vision griefers writing memes on the walls, and other... Things...

Unturned is perfect for this example. Every note ive found yet was basically "w                            fuckers get cancer lol" or "1 4m 50 1337 kek 9/11 ftw lmao brehs you all suck 420 noscope while blazin" and stuff like that. While it does kinda ruin the immersion however, not everyone will be doing that, pretty sure if you have a maintain community / whitelist of good rp'ers youll find most if not all notes will probably have some interesting rp stories and sightings on them. Just because one part of the community will mis-use them doesnt mean every single one has to suffer because of them. I could see notes being pretty helpful, like hanging notes on certain buildings to give directions to a stash, or a safehouse. I just hope that the notes that have been written on by players cant be edited by random people like in unturned, because thats what usually ends up in the "420 blazeit feggits" stuff.

You can lock the notes so only you can write stuff on them.

The bad side of it ? If an asshole start to lock every note, it'll be tricky...

That kinda gives me a goal to collect every notebook or paper i see in the game and stash it somewhere, just to have a goal.

The last time i had a goal i was a prist and i fortifyed the church, i guess now i want to have sheets of pure paper before an evil player comes and writes down stuff on it.

I shall keep the paper clean of evil.

The thing about notes/writing on walls is yes some people will be immature and spam with them and no doubt you will find a note that will say "LOL Newbs" but notes are critical for roleplay servers so if you find a dead body you can find out how they died, notes could also be used in groups for finding certain items etc.

I believe notes will be much more useful than an issue

I need create a new game after the update?

All should be fine, but as I said many times, it's quite hard to test everything, there should not be any compatibility problem, but for the server, it may need to be rebooted for the zones stuff to work correctly, we'll see ;)

A question/suggestion for the respawning.

For the loot, will it be able to just spawn in the center of the map if you don't visit even if all the areas around it have been looted? If that sounds weird what I mean is this: I think it would be a good idea to limit loot respawning to the edges of areas that haven't been looted, or have received a loot respawn recently. It makes sense in a, "Oh, survivors passed through here and left some sweet new stuff for me! :D" kind of way. It would let there be a sort of realism to it instead of just raw "game engine at work here, be on your way." Maybe I'm just picky but if stuff magically spawned in the middle of no where when it had been completely looted and all the surrounding areas had as well I'd be a bit turned off by it.

That said, I'm thinking from a private server/single player perspective. On a public server where there's little to no interaction between players it sounds like a great solution to resource hoarding.

Side note, please please PLEASE don't make fresh food respawn after the power's gone out. Either make it spawn rotten or just don't spawn it at all.

People don't know how to survive in the zombie apocalypse and complain because they don't know what to do when there's no loot, that's why I added the loot respawn, if I start to make it more speficy (no fresh food, only center of map...), people will complain again ;)

Just remember one thing, it's experimental, and I'LL NEED FEEDBACK, then I could add more option to it (maximum items to respawn, lower some category to respawn, etc...)

lol, the level of panic in this thread is so funny. It is like everyone is afraid of the slightest bit of change. Guys/Gals, seriously, the devs won't ruin their own game. It is like when everyone panicked about water cutting out, saying stuff like "We need more wells! You are ruining the game!" and then water catchers came in...

Over the years I have come to trust Lemmy and the Crew® to do the very best for the game, after all, none of us will be able to see the 'big picture' until the end, whereas they have that vision among themselves.

Sidenote (at the bottom, bottomnote): I am looking forward already to the next mondoid. Quite keen on hearing from the Crew®.

lol, the level of panic in this thread is so funny. It is like everyone is afraid of the slightest bit of change. Guys/Gals, seriously, the devs won't ruin their own game. It is like when everyone panicked about water cutting out, saying stuff like "We need more wells! You are ruining the game!" and then water catchers came in...

Over the years I have come to trust Lemmy and the Crew® to do the very best for the game, after all, none of us will be able to see the 'big picture' until the end, whereas they have that vision among themselves.

Sidenote (at the bottom, bottomnote): I am looking forward already to the next mondoid. Quite keen on hearing from the Crew®.

To be honest guys, as Viceroy said - there is NO need to panic at all :) The game itself is a survival game, whatever makes it harder makes it better. The current game as it is, is already an enjoyable and fabulous experience.

I am really looking forward to the wondering hordes, to really see my base attacked and stuff on a regular basis. I only see 1-2 zombies coming near every few days at the moment, which make it safe and sound inside my barricaded garden :D 

Looting in singleplayer is pretty easy and you get MORE than enough of everything to be honest. On multiplayer its more fun as you are kinda forced into finding other survivors and taking their stuff to get better loot, also dig trough the mountains of bodies :D (many don't check the dead zombies, I always find 1-2 axes and lots of guns / ammo in big piles).

I am really looking forward to the new mondoids too and this update  :rolleyes: keep up the good work!

I remember people complaining about not having wells, that was fun

Also i hope for a "Soon" of the river water boiling