Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

\/ to every one complaining about respawning zombies.... \/

Project zomboid its a zombie game, not a "temporal zombie game" i mean that if u enter in a clean rampage, and clean ur city of zombies, what will you do? play sims till u die? or what.... 

can't wait to see how they will make it work!

\/ ONLY FOR KIDS \/

Have in mind that the devs are the last persons who want to "destroy/ruin" the game... so stop with it. And if you are going to complain, wich is something comprensible , do it in a constructive way, say how you would like to see it done, otherwise your comment will be useless and depressive.

Haha yeah, it's really fun to make them rage :D

You can't imagine how much I have this answer when I talk about the music I love "buut, you only love dead people music ?" and i find it fun.. Jeeze, idk why pop star fan are so hatefull :P

I renege on my 1,000 DOGE offer; considering your post is far more off-topic than mine. =b

WORD! New word!

*steals away the renege*

Seriously though congrats on using a word I have literally never heard. I will cherish it. Although I do not speak English natively I do consider myself rather well read on the subject. Surprising that I never encountered it before.

On topic: Any of you amped about RJ's tweet showing off the painting? Wondering personally if we will be able to write messages as well. And what myriad of icons we will have available. Another query as modder; I would like to know is how extensible it will be, or rather how *easily* extensible it will be.

I hope paint and plaster will last longer.

I used up all the plaster and paint I found (paint of specific color lol) and it always made me sad.

Will fire be made to not spread on certain tiles? (Really annoying when fire can spread over concrete / dirt /sand / gravel tiles at long distances.)

well , im not good at speaking in english but will try , about the items respaw would be nice if they do not appear at stores , etc, cause it's sucks lol. I think that like u said in ur site about army "cleaning up" the city , and other events would be nice air planes droping new loot , or something like crashing :) (In the game we have the helicopter sound and the zombies running to a random place, u can do it with they droping food/items and the zombies going there to be more difficult to get it, and for sure u will need to fight against other players)
And plz dont make the corpses perma , cause i think that we could use the bones to craft something like more furnitures , using the head to make warnings for who go near to your base.(i think that if u dont put fire in a corpse ,it has a chance for that zombie get up again after a random time) 
And more traps, but not for animals , to kill/injury other players/zombies and secure ur house/base.

well , im not good at speaking in english but will try , about the items respaw would be nice if they do not appear at stores , etc, cause it's sucks lol. I think that like u said in ur site about army "cleaning up" the city , and other events would be nice air planes droping new loot , or something like crashing :) (In the game we have the helicopter sound and the zombies running to a random place, u can do it with they droping food/items and the zombies going there to be more difficult to get it, and for sure u will need to fight against other players)

And plz dont make the corpses perma , cause i think that we could use the bones to craft something like more furnitures , using the head to make warnings for who go near to your base.(i think that if u dont put fire in a corpse ,it has a chance for that zombie get up again after a random time) 

And more traps, but not for animals , to kill/injury other players/zombies and secure ur house/base.

Dude! You have some seriously good ideas there, you gotta put this in the suggestion section too! :) Explain in detail like what kind of loot how often where etc with the random drops. Also burning the corpses will get rid of them I believe, so you do not have to worry :) The fire system needs some fixing too as mentioned above, to allow you to make a safe campfire with a bit of extra work, after all, it is possible in real life too (diging a ditch around the fire, or pouring water on the nearby tiles could work too).

Army cleaning up the city! MUST MUST Sounds way too awesome, also large group of survivors looking in town, looting houses and killing you or finding you and you could persuade them to join them or something. Would be cool, and once the migrating hordes of zombies roam the town there will literally no safety anywhere I HOPE, as it gets sooo boring on multiplayer when the town is killed off 98%, all loot is gone, and everybody is playing farmville at their safehouse.

No wait, loot respawning are totally non-realistic, and i'm totally against it, we're not gonna make something realistic of it, it can't be realistic, I just added it because lot of people don't get the "it's an apocalypse, it's normal that there nothing to loot anymore, find some community/friends and ask to join them, find a role and you could help".

I hope zombie migration will help people to cooperate more tho..

And why the army would drop random loot somewhere ? If you want loot from them, you'll need to contact them, be friendly, and prove that you really need those, supplies are rare, they won't gonna give them like this :D

I like the idea of loot responding in multiplayer due to the fact that i have seen popular severs be completely looted in 3 days or less, however i dislike the idea of having loot respawn in single player (Which you have already stated will be optional).

As for zombie's respawning in multiplayer i have not issue at all with it and i think its a great idea considering alot of MP players have been asking for this kind of feature and as always the devs deliver it (Really The Indiestone Developers are pure awesome about feedback.)

Really i think all the features with spawning are awesome and if players don't like them well its all optional

Yay RJ, I do get annoyed with 90% of players joining and saying withing five minutes "no loot, this sucks." There IS loot, they're too lazy to look. Hell, the game starts with "This is how you died." How much more obvious can it get?

This is is a little off topic, but my forum post count won't go past 171. Anywhere I can report it correctly here? Edit: It did now on my phone, it doesn't update on my PC.. strange.

For those who said "MP sucks, no loot on 99% of the server" PLEASE read this : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9618-worms-nom-nom best kind of story ever, which prove that you can survive, you just need to think :)

I see you are trying to make a point (and indeed it is a good one) however. Look at this in 2 different ways which are a major concern in multiplayer (I believe anyway):

1. Join a server that has been going for 2-3 days all looted - that is alright, but what  if the players who looted everything already moved onto the next server and there is no chance of co-operation?

2. I find that 80% of players are non-cooperative and 20% of these are just going to kill you when they see you. Without NPC's you find yourself alone 80% of the time, while if you finally get a group that helps you: server crashes ^^

I really love this game and I love multiplayer, I dont mind spending 5 hours to find a trowel, but when I finally do and the server dies thats when I find myself rage quiting. I have not found a stable server yet, I know this is a lot to ask for even with finished games so I will wait patiently. This game can and will be awesome multiplayer in the future, for now its a tad frustrating :D

Wolfi it'd take probably 100 characters to carry all of the loot off of the map (keeping it all in their inventories), maybe more. People vastly underestimate the sheer amount of loot on the map, you just need to look in non-obvious places (sorry, the neighborhood around spawn will always be empty). It's the apocalypse: what apocalypse movie do you see the characters walk into the first house they find and go "oh look, everything we need is here, let's settle down and live in peace forever!"

For those who said "MP sucks, no loot on 99% of the server" PLEASE read this : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9618-worms-nom-nom best kind of story ever, which prove that you can survive, you just need to think :)

Also, a point I made on the discussion board about MP servers being looted pretty quickly : I'm pretty sure sleeping being not implemented back yet plays a big part in it.

"Our body needs 3 (4) things to survive : food, water and sleep (and Oxygen). The MP game having only two of those needs, for now, obviously removes a big part of the survival aspect and, since you don't need to sleep, you get more time to look after the two other needs (food & water).

Second point, since people never sleep they're able to roam around the map constantly. They don't need to plan dangerous long journeys and they never have to take a stop-off. Imo the absence of sleep also plays a part in the crazy rate at which servers get emptied since the time spent "not-sleeping" is some time spent looting the map, the "looting radius" around people's safehouse is almost infinite since they don't need to stop to take a nap and can come & go in one big run."

+ not being affected by exhaustion.

All this to say "no loot on servers" is only a temporary issue that will fade away as the planned game features get implemented.

> Weapon overhaul gonna make it impossible to slaughter hundreds of zeds, looting will be way harder

> Health/Injuries overhaul gonna make it very hard to do anything when injured

> others I forget.

That is the story i like to read about SP/MP, that is why no loot respawn is a must in MP (zombie respawn pls).

It reminds me of my story about how i foguht over a burnt dead rat with some guy in the dinner with butter knives and forks while we both were starving and sick.

I love when the game gives you stories like these.

> Weapon overhaul gonna make it impossible to slaughter hundreds of zeds, looting will be way harder

> Health/Injuries overhaul gonna make it very hard to do anything when injured

> others I forget.

Cannot wait to get realistic firearms mixed with zombie spawns it will make my WIP "Multiplayer Town" operational, due to the ever existing fear of zombies approaching the town, also with the weapon overhaul i believe it will make PVP much more balanced because i have been one shotted by a newly spawned player from the other side of the screen with a freaking shotgun -.-

The health/injuries overhaul will also make the "Multiplayer Town" much more interesting with the fact that after large engagements players will have to wait and heal before being sent on new missions.

No wait, loot respawning are totally non-realistic, and i'm totally against it, we're not gonna make something realistic of it, it can't be realistic, I just added it because lot of people don't get the "it's an apocalypse, it's normal that there nothing to loot anymore, find some community/friends and ask to join them, find a role and you could help".

I hope zombie migration will help people to cooperate more tho..

And why the army would drop random loot somewhere ? If you want loot from them, you'll need to contact them, be friendly, and prove that you really need those, supplies are rare, they won't gonna give them like this :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\\-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

easy to awnser for you, there will be army at the city right? and probably the planes cant land cause there is no safe place to do it there cause if u make noise the zombies will go there, so they will drop it in the air , so u can think that the wind will move the loot to a random place (the loot is for the army ;) ). So u need to be fast to get it from other players/zombies and if u dont have lucky need to fight against the army , or invade their base.

I think u can do better than just respaw loot with a determined time and places cause its boring.You want to be good or the best? 

We players want to see new things , new ideias and not always the same. 

Would be really nice if you think about implement it at the game , and not the normal respawn of items , cause you need to give people fun to search more things in the city and not just wait 1 hour to go again and get more things.

And i think its not hard to do , make a animation of a box falling from sky , use a air plane sound before it drops. And its more fun cause u dont know where it will land so you need to see the direction that zombies are going to follow to see where it its :)(if you have "lucky" it will land near of you, but the zombies will move too) , and like i said be fast for the army dont go there first. Could do a script about how u can interact with them if they get there first , like threaten you to go away or you trade with them , or they will just shoot a bullet against our heads if they see us  :D ( and more 1 thing, make it random with a % if the army will go there or not) Cause it dont need to be all the time , % to drop 1 or 2 box in a week or month , so you can give the player new types of items that you only will find in this kind of loot, new guns, armor, food, items to craft traps, or clothes to appear like a soldier and invade a base :) :) :) .

About to solve how the army will appear in the game to get/protect the loot, cause if it drops near a player its hard to you make the army move arround the city to go to that place(i think), well you can solve it with a script that allow the army spaw at the drop if it fall in a area with no players to see it , so when a player reach the area the army will be there or not( like i said %%%%%%%%%%%)

Hey can i say 1 more thing? hahaha

You will use 3d sound now, well it can help the player to know what direction to go left or right or if its near or far when the plane come :P

-----------------------------------------\\---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey about people saying that in mp is easy cause everybody loot everything in minutes, is that why we dont have npcs. We dont need to worry about loot all the places cause dont have bandits or people that are defending that place, or a base of npcs in a supermarket. Yeap we will find many kinds of players most of them will kill you , but it will be more hard to get weapons(guns) , etc. 

Just need to do the player be more careful before enter in a house/market/store/restaurant

so your suggesting the military do loot drops?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

there will be no military aid. a loot drop would easily be seen as military aid.

hmmm didn't know about that :( , well so can use something like that thant just give a respaw, events that u can get new loot or ways to survive. 

:'(