Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

It seems that the more corpses/blood the more lag there is in mp. Since most players are lazy they never get cleaned up in most cases causing extra lag for everyone. (Pretty sure that each corpse counts as a container and that probably produces extra lag also.)

While it's reasonable to assume that at some point the number of additional objects could effect the performance of the game on a low-end computer when the corpses are actually loaded <on the map>, it's not reasonable to say they would create lag. AFAIK, the only time the server handles a container is when it's created (zombie killed or room discovered for the first time) or modified (someone actually changes something inside it). Just looking at the containers is entirely client-side, so there is no internet anything happening.

It seems that the more corpses/blood the more lag there is in mp. Since most players are lazy they never get cleaned up in most cases causing extra lag for everyone. (Pretty sure that each corpse counts as a container and that probably produces extra lag also.)

While it's reasonable to assume that at some point the number of additional objects could effect the performance of the game on a low-end computer when the corpses are actually loaded <on the map>, it's not reasonable to say they would create lag. AFAIK, the only time the server handles a container is when it's created (zombie killed or room discovered for the first time) or modified (someone actually changes something inside it). Just looking at the containers is entirely client-side, so there is no internet anything happening.

I have to go with you on this, altough I do reckon that burning the bodies or somehow dispose of them will help with lag. The main lag issue on maps I think is that people roam all over the place and large parts of the map are loaded at all times (by the server), causing crashes. I experienced that when running the server loads in cells much slower and often cause lags. I am not sure if my observation is correct please advise.

Guys what about some RP stuff?

I've heard that there will be a /roll command that is perfect for RP.

Are you going to add some more of such stuff?

Like memorizing players if the names above head are turned off? Or maybe more "closer look" on a char with a field of discription?

Like memorizing players if the names above head are turned off? Or maybe more "closer look" on a char with a field of discription?

Please note, that the UPCOMING threads are not here to ask for future features. Use the suggestions-subforum for this instead ;)

If something's not on the list, it won't be in the next update.

Someone give me a lesson about the /roll?

I've seen one game giving out random numbers when you type it in, but never knew what it's for.

I've seen one game giving out random numbers when you type it in, but never knew what it's for.

Robot matt about to kill you guys >_>

(on topic)

I can't wait for this update it should be nice :)

/roll can be used for a number of different things, basically when you type it a randomly generated number will pop up on the screen.

In the MMO scene it is used for determining who gets the loot that drops. Example, say a pistol is found in a container and two people are looking at it both can type /roll and the person with the highest number gets to keep the pistol. Another thing it could be used for is say you have a group who is in need of supplies, you all /roll and the lowest number has to go on a scavenging mission while you  guys keep the base safe.

Could be used for other things, but those are just two examples.

I am happy either way, if it is not released it means they are adding more stuff to it which is always cool. I'd actually prefer a nice fat update since I haven't played properly in quite some time and I am hoping that the update will add some more challenge back into the game. In the meantime here are some things you can read about to give you an idea (if you haven't read them yet) of things being worked on and such.

TIS Twitter, use it to access the different members of the staff to see some little tidbits (always fun, especially Romain with his popstar murders): https://twitter.com/theindiestone/

Here is Lemmy's blog with a post (understatement) about AI and the behaviour they have. It seems to be a rather good place to get a sneak-peek on NPC development.: http://outforafight.wordpress.com/

I must say that the increase in feedback/info from TIS staff members over the past week or so has been much appreciated by me and I am looking forward to every new pic and post they make. It keeps you from going crazy waiting for a delicious update to drop from the tree of infinity.

You know, every time I have fun with "pop star" it end with fan insulting me or something ?

But man, I'm having so much fun with Bieber's fan...

Like this one :

Me : Starting the MP test for the weapon overhaull.. How many Justin Bieber will die today ? As always : NOT ENOUGH ! pic.twitter.com/k7ZXx0PXtN

Answer from a fan : "@rj_pz you really have a problem.1 thing is not liking his music but if your desire is to kill someone you need to get checked by a doctor"

Me : @Lautnersister That hurt :( But you also have a problem. It's a video game, not real life ;)

:D

And also Idk why, but some Bieber fan (probably twitter bot) RT this.. Bah. :D

Next time I'll try with 1D, their fans looks fun too.. (I know  I should not have fun with them, but I can't help myself, I'm a Blues fan :()

I enjoyed it alot, I literally laughed reading it, and the Miley one with "Look at the flowers", that is just comedy gold.

Fans take things too personally and get all butt-hurt. Don't worry about them, for every one person willing to say something, a thousand would just keep quiet and enjoy what they read or read something else.

Good on you!

I honestly don't know either, I listen to metal music usually, and I can say that for certain that it is one of the genres of music with the most hatefully fanatic fans you can imagine. Everyone is like "That music is not real metal" and "This is a sell-out" and blah blah fucking blah.

It is like when it comes to music you are not allowed to respect opinions of other people, like what people enjoy is somehow based in some measurable fact. Reminds me of this one time long ago when I was at school when the teacher asked our opinions on something and then marked my OPINION as INCORRECT. Man that doesn't even make sense!

You should shoot Taylor Swift next. I'd love to see if her fans are still as volatile as they once were.

Haha yeah, it's really fun to make them rage :D

You can't imagine how much I have this answer when I talk about the music I love "buut, you only love dead people music ?" and i find it fun.. Jeeze, idk why pop star fan are so hatefull :P

I don't really understand why you'd troll what is most likely underage youths on purpose, or proudly display doing so.

For personal enjoyment perhaps? To teach to other people that they have opinions that differ vastly from yet still other people? Because making a weapon and testing it is boring so you add some fun to it by using popstar names? Because a post intended for TIS supporters was not intended to 'troll' underage youths? I could go on but I think you get the point.

Asserting some false moral highground on something so miniscule is kinda petty dude. Also he replied to what I and Wolfihunter said, so he didn't exactly come in here 'proudly displaying' that.

For personal enjoyment perhaps? To teach to other people that they have opinions that differ vastly from yet still other people? Because making a weapon and testing it is boring so you add some fun to it by using popstar names? Because a post intended for TIS supporters was not intended to 'troll' underage youths? I could go on but I think you get the point.

Asserting some false moral highground on something so miniscule is kinda petty dude. Also he replied to what I and Wolfihunter said, so he didn't exactly come in here 'proudly displaying' that.

Yeah, that sure teaches them...

Well I could present alternative ways to teach them, which would more or less be inhumane as you may say. ONE may publicly express his/her opinion, this is what you have a right to do. I am not going into a futher debate of who should be shot and who is not, but presenting the youth with a self image that is CLEARLY unacceptably by all means, is wrong and should be discouraged not encouraged by the media.