Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

I can't wait for respawning migrating zombies. I'm just wondering if there will be an escalation in zombie numbers as time goes on? I remember there being more and more zombies as time went on in a build a while ago and I've really missed that. I think it could work either as a slow creep or even as a set time event. Could be explained as populations from nearby cities moving in so every 20 days or so another horde shows up and the numbers shoot up. Either way as time goes on you get more gear, skills and fortifications which makes it easier to survive but as far as I understand the zombie number (aka the challenge) is planned to stay the same. I just feel the game should get harder the longer you survive not easier. 

ATM all the guns are useless against a horde compared to a fireaxe with proper timing and kiting. You can kill a hundred zombies in complete silence with a single axe, up to 5 at a time if you corner and groundpound the piles that build up. If you were going to nerf something unrealistic, you should really nerf the superhero melee weapons before you nerf guns more. The massive sound draw and limited ammo already makes them inferior.

Item code

item Axe

{

MaxRange    =    1.5,

WeaponSprite    =    Fireaxe,

MinAngle    =    0.2,

Type    =    Weapon,

MinimumSwingTime    =    3.0,

KnockBackOnNoDeath    =    TRUE,

SwingAmountBeforeImpact    =    0.002,

Categories    =    Axe,

ConditionLowerChanceOneIn    =    30,

Weight    =    3,

SplatNumber    =    1,

PushBackMod    =    0.3,

MaxDamage    =    2.5,

SubCategory    =    Swinging,

ConditionMax    =    15,

MaxHitCount    =    2,

There is no way you are hitting 5 zombies at once unless you change the maxhitcount and if that is the case of course the axe is over powered because you changed it. i could make a spoon op as well by changing its damage, durability and maxhitcount.

Melee weapons are about as balanced as they can get with out nerfing then to decorations.

But anyway loving the new build as always. You guys are the best.

I can't wait for respawning migrating zombies. I'm just wondering if there will be an escalation in zombie numbers as time goes on? I remember there being more and more zombies as time went on in a build a while ago and I've really missed that. I think it could work either as a slow creep or even as a set time event. Could be explained as populations from nearby cities moving in so every 20 days or so another horde shows up and the numbers shoot up. Either way as time goes on you get more gear, skills and fortifications which makes it easier to survive but as far as I understand the zombie number (aka the challenge) is planned to stay the same. I just feel the game should get harder the longer you survive not easier. 

I would also like that, atleast as a sandbox option. Would be cool to set initial zombie numbers to normal, but make zombie migration escalate over time. So that if you survive for a year, your farm or fortress will be totally surrounded by zeds and you are making a hopeless last stand when they eventually break trough. And there would be nowhere to run, when the whole gameworld would be dense with zombies.

Oh god, yes please for Graffiti on walls!

I loved that feature in UrbanDead, but the game was a browser game as was so annoying with its limitation of 50 moves per day! I wanted to play for hours, not minutes! But it did graffiti and radios so well.

Would love to see that done in Project Zomboid!

To be honest, I'm sure sure it'll be in the build 28, still many things to do, I think I tried to do a too big release.. After the weapon overhaull, gonna finish some stuff and probably go in test (respawn + weapons seems little things, but it take lot of times to test/research and stuff :))

I'm new here, but there are many bugs, i found that I would like to report, where can I do this? (obviously I know that the game is in alpha, I am just looking out for the bugs to help fix them, I like the game as it is :) )

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/ - report them here. The link is to the bug tracker, please don't submit bugs that have already been reported. 

To get here normally (without this link) check out the very top of the forum pages that says "Tracker" click it and BAM, you are at the bug tracker.

Just a couple questions.

1) In build 26 I could go up into the 2nd floors of buildings and not notice any lag. However since build 27 I seem to be noticing lag when on the 2nd floor of buildings especially when I can see outside.

Not sure at all what causes this as it did not seem to happen beforehand.

2) You said you got rid of the corpses going poof in the upcoming build.

However on multiplayer even though one can burn corpses if zombies migrate into unseen areas then the corpses/blood is going to just keep getting worse and worse as players play.

Its impossible to get players to actually do cleanup work (and sometimes zombies corpses can not be grabbed from behind fences/doors/furniture/etc) would it be possible to have corpses disappear on multiplayer after awhile?

It seems that the more corpses/blood the more lag there is in mp. Since most players are lazy they never get cleaned up in most cases causing extra lag for everyone. (Pretty sure that each corpse counts as a container and that probably produces extra lag also.)

I do think an assault rifle will be added though due to the military base being there and the abundance of military personnel that would have responded at first. I however doubt they would have plentiful ammunition.

why is everyone so eager to assault rifles? I the biggest crowd I ever seen was wiped by 60 bullets of a pistol - so what that bf gun for?(except for the penis enlargement)

I'm new here, but there are many bugs, i found that I would like to report, where can I do this? (obviously I know that the game is in alpha, I am just looking out for the bugs to help fix them, I like the game as it is :) )

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/ - report them here. The link is to the bug tracker, please don't submit bugs that have already been reported. 

To get here normally (without this link) check out the very top of the forum pages that says "Tracker" click it and BAM, you are at the bug tracker.

Thank you friend :) I will read through! ^^

I do think an assault rifle will be added though due to the military base being there and the abundance of military personnel that would have responded at first. I however doubt they would have plentiful ammunition.

why is everyone so eager to assault rifles? I the biggest crowd I ever seen was wiped by 60 bullets of a pistol - so what that bf gun for?(except for the penis enlargement)

To be honest with 120 hours of gameplay I only found shotgun twice, pistols everywhere though and they do a good job. I do not reckon that an assault rifle would be more common than a shotgun so probably never find one XD