Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

• Semi-3D Sound ! Sound will now go left to right, fade away, etc..
  • Burn zombie corpses ! It'll need some petrol and a lighter/matches.
  • Windows can now perma lock if you try to open them for too long.
  • Bandages will now be removed after a certain amount of time.
  • [MP] Added experimental zombies respawn, I'll need feedback on it ;)
  • [MP] Added experimental loot respawn, you have to setup the serverOption "HoursForLootRespawn", if you set it as 48, it mean the zone will have to be unseen for 48 in game hour before loot respawning, same as zombies respawn, I'd LOVE to have feedback on it :)
  • New crafting : Bookcase, shelves, bed...
  • Map fixes (no more falling through Mall stairs, etc...).

[bALANCE]

• Increased the difficulty to open windows when you're not strong.

Wow seems fantastic keep up the good work guys :D!

How will it work when we can't find gas?

I mean could we make a fire and just drop the corpses next to it or toss them into it?

I guess If you eventually run out of gas to burn the corpses I guess you'll just have to throw them into the woods or something.

Hey survivor !

This is the upcoming (still WIP, some of these aren't finished, but almost) build 28 patch note !

Please do not ask for an ETA, everytime you ask for ETA a Spiffo dies. (and it's sad)

[NEW STUFF]

• Multiple text lines editor.
  • You can now write a note and read them (more of a multiplayer thing).
  • Semi-3D Sound ! Sound will now go left to right, fade away, etc..
  • Burn zombie corpses ! It'll need some petrol and a lighter/matches.
  • Windows can now perma lock if you try to open them for too long.
  • Bandages will now be removed after a certain amount of time.
  • Disabled the corpse decay.
  • [MP] Added experimental zombies respawn, I'll need feedback on it ;)
  • [MP] Added experimental loot respawn, you have to setup the serverOption "HoursForLootRespawn", if you set it as 48, it mean the zone will have to be unseen for 48 in game hour before loot respawning, same as zombies respawn, I'd LOVE to have feedback on it :)
  • I'm also working on (idk if it'll be done for this build tho..) the ability to paint letters/text on wall.
  • New crafting : Bookcase, shelves, bed...
  • Map fixes (no more falling through Mall stairs, etc...).

[bALANCE]

• Increased the difficulty to open windows when you're not strong.

Great job, can't wait for this one!

Might I suggest getting rid of zorpses via chemical reaction? Hydrofluoric Acid in a bathtub kind of thing?

Breaking Bad reference?  :P

[tube]

[/tube]

Why get rid of zombie decay though? It makes sense that the bodies decay over time. Same can be said with rotten food and the like (heck, can make rotten food turn into something that can be used as fertilizer over time eventually).
If you keep zombie decay, even if you make it longer than the current month or so that it takes, it will allow you to choose either to pile the bodies outside of your safehouse to burn them, or leave them somewhere to decay over time either way. Especially with vehicles eventually coming and you needing gas for that too. I see people moving the bodies far away and just leaving them there, regardless if they decay or not anyway, just so they don't need to waste gas when it will be so valuable.

I just wanted to comment with a different opinion though about corpse decay.   Corpses normally take quite some time to decay in real life. I am very glad they are adding the ability to burn them I have wanted that for years! I don't think however that they should decay so quickly, if at all ( I prefer not at all).  Corpses can sometimes tell great stories in certain parts of the cities.  Especially once NPC's get kicked into full gear as well.   Corpses at the Gas station and such,  zombies and players  corpses could signify that there was a great fight there or that there is a safe house or a group of players / npcs near by. It could also make for great screenshots.  It also brings fond memories sometimes of a battle you had with a horde or whatever as you walk down a street you have walked down a 100 times before.  I can't speak for the team but I am assuming these are a lot of the reasons why they do not want corpse decay.  Make it a mod maybe or perhaps at an option to enable corpse decay for sandbox mode?  Maybe that would work better and keep most happy.

That zombie respawn thing scares me. Barricade yourself for too long and the world changes around you. Would this affect the npc meta game eventually?

Item drop respawn will keep looting interesting. No more "I've already looted this place so no bother going back" mentality.

This is the build that will keep you on the edge. Great work!

I mean could we make a fire and just drop the corpses next to it or toss them into it?

I'll work on something like this, but also maybe up a bit the petrol can that can be found :)

Can we use whisky as fuel to burn zombies?

Maybe Oil if some day is feature in?

I'll work on something like this, but also maybe up a bit the petrol can that can be found :)

Maybe Oil if some day is feature in?

I'd prefer the nice, traditional, firewood approach.

Besides, gas alone wouldn't be enough to incinerate a corpse, particularly not if it's just splashed on the body.

Oooh, this one looks great! I have waited for Z respawn a long time, and possibility to burn them now is also welcome (was blood spatter decay also part of removed system or was that present feature yet at all?). Few questions though. Will burning zombies also disappear (for example if they walk over a campfire? How will existing servers cope with the update, if there are new server properties one needs to change? (there was a guide somewhere for server/ game version updates...) And do zombies spawn over time or will the system just replace dead (lol)ones?

Since fallout i've loved the idea of cannibalism, will there be any kind of cannibalism to get rid and have food from npc bodies? 

I'm always the evil twisted guy In games <.< 

EDIT: 
I aint so twisted as the old forum people were,

Those who wanted raped to be implemented

or any form of necrophilia or that crazy shit,

that was really scary 

Since fallout i've loved the idea of cannibalism, will there be any kind of cannibalism to get rid and have food from npc bodies? 

EDIT: 

that was really scary 

This is Confirmed: No. Check out the pinned/sticky threads in the suggestions forum.

EDIT: 

that was really scary 

This is Confirmed: No. Check out the pinned/sticky threads in the suggestions forum.

As far as I know, cannibalism has never been ruled out entirely.

As it currently stands, there would be no real downside to it. Once there is capacity for the social, psychological and other repercussions, I believe it is something they might consider implementing.

EDIT: 

that was really scary 

As far as I know, cannibalism has never been ruled out entirely.

Huh, I was sure it had been. Whoops, sorry!

I don't think whisky burns, I am a frequent whisky drinker and have never ever seen it happen .

Whiskey is flamable, just not very potent, usually bottles say that it is flamable.