In the very far future as a very minor detail I think it'd be neat to mitigate colds and similar diseases with oral antiseptics not unlike Listerine. This would make a nice mod or something but if that never happens and those cool Lemmy or RJ dudes needs something to toy with to keep a good dev rhythym going or something they could take a crack at it.

Before anyone asks, yes I've tried this and yes it works for the most part. It kills instances of the virus in your mouth and slows/stops them from replicating and reaching their carrying capacity thing where they start attacking the body and stuff. Maybe it would slow and/or lessen the progression of diseases in zomboid?

Oh and if I'm super-wrong about anything and you can prove it call me out on it please so I can stop. <3

If you have a cold/flu . . . it's well past the reach of mouth wash.

That's what I thought, too. I thought this stuff (Listerine) was purely for festering piercings in your mouth. :)

They could maybe add cold medicine, but thats 90% sleeping pill and 10% some herbs to clear your throat.

(I had replied to this, but by the mysteries of computers it has vanished)

If you wake up feeling like you're getting a bit of a cold, then you can gargle some vinegar or distilled alcohol and feel fine for the rest of the day. Or apparently you could use Listerine, whatever craven commodity that is.

I literally just got over a cold from two days ago, and I can confirm that gargling Listerine does not stop anything.  At least it didn't for me! :???:

Great way to clean out your sinuses, though . . . when you finally get desperate. :D

I literally just got over a cold from two days ago, and I can confirm that gargling Listerine does not stop anything.  At least it didn't for me! :???:

Great way to clean out your sinuses, though . . . when you finally get desperate. :D

After all the tissues I went through, they'd better be clean, cuz its as clean as its gonna get! :)