They call it art...

Xydonus

I call it a messy worthless disgusting bed, but hey, what do I know about art?!?

http://news.sky.com/story/1293237/tracey-emins-my-bed-auctioned-for-2-2m

"The work features an unmade bed surrounded by a floor littered by empty vodka bottles, cigarette butts and condoms."

"The work features an unmade bed surrounded by a floor littered by empty vodka bottles, cigarette butts and condoms."

Fuck My Life...

I should have been a part-time overpaid footballer who dabbled in obscure art form; only to succumb to the insanity of it all as a rich bugger instead of a poor one.

Now, if you excuse me, there's a bridge and a cold lake with reality waiting for me... :cry:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to mess up my bed real proper. I'll put it on ebay, I'll call it 'Paddy's Pad' and put a reserve 600k tag on it. I'd imagine there's a lot of demand to see how an Irishman sleeps, make's his bed and the real purpose of those empty Guinness cans laying about...

You've lost out man. Now that someone's done it, you'll get nothing.

Do something original: melt a couple 2L coke bottles together and call it "The Future."

Had a moment of inspiration...

An empty packet of King's Cheese & Onion, inside a empty packet of Tayto, which is inside a packet of Walker's Crisps, which is inside a packet of Monster Munch, which is inside a packet of Waffles... I'll call it, "Inception"

I think I should introduce my soon-to-be-sister-in-law at this point. Alice is an extremely talented artist who has just recently displayed at Royal Academy and is a Young Saatchi shortlister.

You can see some of her work here

Its very good but also ever so slightly disturbing.

I think I should introduce my soon-to-be-sister-in-law at this point. Alice is an extremely talented artist who has just recently displayed at Royal Academy and is a Young Saatchi shortlister.

I can see the art part. It's not 2.5 million GBP of art, though, sorry. I'll stick to my condom-covered, vodka-soaked beds, thanks.

Read with bad French accent for best result: "The art is not the creation. Nor is it the idea, and not even... The emotion. Art... The art is finding the imbecile with the money and convincing him that it is art."

Here is my addition to the overpriced art collection: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02052/Rhein_II_2052673b.jpg The picture is called Rhein 2 and was sold for about $4.3 million.

If I die and meet god(if the man even exists), I have just two questions for him: 1. Why do the stupid have that much money? 2. Why quantum physics?

I can see the art part. It's not 2.5 million GBP of art, though, sorry. I'll stick to my condom-covered, vodka-soaked beds, thanks.

Sorry I didn't want that gem to be missed.

Things are worth whatever someone wants to pay for them. Just not necessarily to you.

Well not really. If you pay 200 EUR for a stock that's only worth 20, it wasn't worth it by definition. :P

But yeah. The worth to an individual can be subjective.

My inner german just wanted to say something

I hate art like this, it is not skillful, it is not mastery, it is not heritage of humanity, it is not culture or cultured, it is not intellectual or thought inspiring, it is just degenerate filth. Shame on the artist for causing needless inflation of the economy and shame on the buyers for purchasing the very lowest muck scraped from the bottom of the barrel. People are fucking dying of illness and hunger, the shameful excess of humanity makes me sick to my stomach.

An empty packet of King's Cheese & Onion, inside a empty packet of Tayto, which is inside a packet of Walker's Crisps, which is inside a packet of Monster Munch, which is inside a packet of Waffles... I'll call it, "Inception"

Taytos, the real reason we Irish don't rule the world. So Damn delicious.

Taytos, the real reason we Irish don't rule the world. So Damn delicious.

Water, the real reason why the Dutch don't rule the world, and Mars. Sources: https://what-if.xkcd.com/53/

https://what-if.xkcd.com/54/

As an artist, this offends me greatly, knowing that my precious creations are less "arty".

But really, If they call it "art", I call it bullshit.

Speaking as an artist as well it doesn't offend me at all. If something ivokes an emotional response, makes you think or both its art.

Art is hella subjective, it's like getting angry about someones music tastes differing from yours.