Rain Parka Mod v1.1

Pravus

*Thanks to a generous offer of time and assistance from fellow forum-goer, LaDestitute, the last of the bugs have been worked out of this mod and I can now release it!*

Rain Parka Mod

Rain Parka Mod spawns custom rain parkas across the game world in all the available colors shirts can spawn as.  The parkas *are wearable* and will replace your current vest, blouse, or sweater when worn.  You will reach wetness level "Damp" when wearing a parka (they don't cover your whole body) but should not progress any past that as long as they are equipped to your torso slot.

Thanks again to Suomiboi for letting me use his script as a basis for this mod!

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tpb714w5d7vrgl6/RainParkaMod.rar

*Updated to v1.1: Cleaned the code a bit and increased rarity for balance*

I found one as well, but now I have the feeling as if I would cheat. It is even lighter than the regular clothing and it doesn't need a primary or secondary slot (like the umbrella).

I think it should have some kind of disatvantage like having the trait clumsy activated (makes more noise when moving). Would that be possible?

I found one as well, but now I have the feeling as if I would cheat. It is even lighter than the regular clothing and it doesn't need a primary or secondary slot (like the umbrella).

I think it should have some kind of disatvantage like having the trait clumsy activated (makes more noise when moving). Would that be possible?

I understand your concern but this mod was originally created as a temporary measure to offer some protection versus the rain as oppossed to having nothing at all as the vanilla PZ client currently stands.  I also wanted to have them wearable in on top of existing clothing but this is currently not possible due to code limitations.

That said, there are already icon files in the client from the dev team for both umbrellas and rainboots.  Its expected we'll see a solution to how to stay dry in the rain in vanilla PZ sometime in the near future making this mod obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will this work for v28?

It should but I haven't updated it directly in a little while now.  I know the integrated version of it included in RKFmod works in Build 28 but I'll go back and recheck everything on this one just to be sure.

* Edit: Everything looks like compatible for use in Build 28 but I went ahead and added the updates I made to the script when I integrated it with RKFmod just for consistency's sake.

Edited by Pravus

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Styxx42

Love the idea of this Mod.

Hate the rain.

Playing build 30x and just want to test to add it to my character in Mplayer

What would the item name be?

I have tried

RKFmod.Raincoat But the server said Item does not exist.

Thanks

This mod still worked with my 30.10 IWBUMS playthough.

Item is RainParkaMod.Raincoat I believe, though can't remember if I changed this or not, easy enough to check in the RainParka.txt file though.

Looking at the loot table, it does not spawn in houses. Either in a sports store or clothing store, on the body of zombies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They can be found where you would expect them, wardrobes, dressers, zombies, etc.

The only thing I found I had to change was "parka" to "slicker" for my own personal OCD.  A "parka" is a heavy cold-weather jacket which may or may not be water proof.  A "slicker" is a water-proof covering made of a smooth material.

• 3 years later...