Craft Helper 1.2

Omegapl

New version available !

v1.5b Added CraftHelper options menu which can be opened by "O" button next to close button. You can sort recipes list by result name or recipe name. Also you can switch between displaying result name and recipe name .
You can now add recipes to favorites by clicking right mouse button when pointing on your often used recipe and then clicking on small button which pops up.
There is option in CraftHelper  menu to display favorite recipes at the beginning of the list and option to display favorites only.
Your favorites are saved on hard drive in "(,,,)\Zomboid\Lua\CraftHelper\Favoritelist.dat" and are loaded up when you start to play again. When you have mods adding recipes and you add to favorites some of these recipes, these recipes are kept saved when mod is switched off.
And of couse I've made images for these buttons 

Have fun and happy new year ! :)

this is great.

one question though, is it updated to show people the recipe for preserving their veggies?

I didnt check if it shows these recipes. That depends, if these recipes for preserving are standard recipes as any other and dont cause any errors they should load.

edit:

You mean canned tomatoes , potatoes and etc. ?

If yes they are on the list :)

Hey :)

Amazing job on the mod!:

I've been following this game's progress for years, but it's also been years since the last time I played it, and it has now come a HUGE ways into awesomeness :D

This mod feels like it should be part of the vanilla game, and here's to hoping it will make it there at some point :) Don't have much time to play PZ lately but I feel this is one of those mods that will make me unable to play the vanilla game unless the mod is active :P I have such terrible memory for recipes and there are SO MANY of them. This is absolutely heavenly!

THANK YOU :D

P.S.: I do have a little something to report, though not sure if this is only happening to my game;

the recipes book window does not come up when I press the "O" hotkey.

I am not using any other mods and I'm running the Steam version of the game (The latest. Can't recall the number... 30.6 something like that? v30.12).

Not that it bothers me in the least though, just reporting for helpingness! The amount of help this mod provides me with easily negates whatever slight nuisance a non-functional hotkey may produce :P

Cheers!

P.S.: I do have a little something to report, though not sure if this is only happening to my game;

the recipes book window does not come up when I press the "O" hotkey.

Hello and thanks for support.  I've checked it out and it works. When you press it option menu should pop up . Thats what isnt happening  ? Can you tell me what version of mod are you using ?

Hello and thanks for support.  I've checked it out and it works. When you press it option menu should pop up . Thats what isnt happening  ? Can you tell me what version of mod are you using ?

The version of the mod I'm using is [v1.5b] and yeah, just nothing happens when I press the "O" hotkey.

Oh well, it's no big deal really :P This is the first time I use a mod in this game, so if there's anything I can do to help you pinpoint what is going on for the sake of... knowing I guess, since it's working for you and probably everybody else xD do let me know! Otherwise it doesn't bother me at all :) Again I was just reporting for the sake of helping a bit :P

Cheers and great job again :D!

The version of the mod I'm using is [v1.5b] and yeah, just nothing happens when I press the "O" hotkey.

Oh well, it's no big deal really :P This is the first time I use a mod in this game, so if there's anything I can do to help you pinpoint what is going on for the sake of... knowing I guess, since it's working for you and probably everybody else xD do let me know! Otherwise it doesn't bother me at all :) Again I was just reporting for the sake of helping a bit :P

Cheers and great job again :D!

Is something strange showing up in console when you press it ? 

And check console during game boot up and map load up. If you dont know how to do it send me console.txt in C:\Users\USERNAME\Zomboid\

Also try this version https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfjpooowg01x8oz/CraftHelperv1_5cdev.zip?dl=0

It adds hotkey. When recipe book is open and you press O on your keyboard options should show up.

I do not know how to use the console I'm afraid :( So the next time I go in game I'll make sure to load up, try the hotkey a couple of times, exit and send you this .txt file :) Thanks a lot for the replies!

I'll try the version you linked after you've taken a look at the .txt file... or should I try that version before sending you the .txt? Also would replace mod versions on the fly like that on a same save file wouldn't screw things up in my game? I'm just so used to modding games like Skyrim where changing scripted mods mid-game is a big no-no lol. Let me know!

I do not know how to use the console I'm afraid :( So the next time I go in game I'll make sure to load up, try the hotkey a couple of times, exit and send you this .txt file :) Thanks a lot for the replies!

I'll try the version you linked after you've taken a look at the .txt file... or should I try that version before sending you the .txt? Also would replace mod versions on the fly like that on a same save file wouldn't screw things up in my game? I'm just so used to modding games like Skyrim where changing scripted mods mid-game is a big no-no lol. Let me know!

send me txt file and then take a look at this version anyway and let me know if it worked :)

I think you can change scripts during playing becouse they are loaded up only when you enter menu or you switch between mods in menu. When you are switching to new version you have to exit to menu if you are on map or restart mod in mod selection if you are in menu already. You dont have to do that while you are switching to other version of mod if your game isnt launched.

These "rules" apply to all mods I think :)

Oke, I'll do that the next time I go in game :)

As for the worry about replacing scripted mods mid-game, the problem with doing that in, say, Skyrim, it's that your save file is already embedded with the scripting of X mod, and if you remove that X mod there will be these sort of "calls" for that mod and/or traces of its scripts that will at the very least bloat your save file and corrupt it.

Somehow I don't think that mods for this game would cause such great consequences, less so on such a light mod like this (not trying to say it's a bad mod :P just light-weight compared to something that say, would overhaul features or add a ton of new items and what not).

I'll make a backup of my save and give it a try anyway :) Thanks again!

Oke, I'll do that the next time I go in game :)

As for the worry about replacing scripted mods mid-game, the problem with doing that in, say, Skyrim, it's that your save file is already embedded with the scripting of X mod, and if you remove that X mod there will be these sort of "calls" for that mod and/or traces of its scripts that will at the very least bloat your save file and corrupt it.

Somehow I don't think that mods for this game would cause such great consequences, less so on such a light mod like this (not trying to say it's a bad mod :P just light-weight compared to something that say, would overhaul features or add a ton of new items and what not).

I'll make a backup of my save and give it a try anyway :) Thanks again!

Crafthelper does nothing to vanilla game saves. It uses its own save system and I'll keep those saves compatible with any future releases of mod

Ok @Omegapl; sending you the console.txt via private message :) Still don't quite have time to play the game but just enough to go in, test the hotkey (with the latest version, not the one you asked me to try) and exit.

I loaded my game, pressed O a few times, then opened the recipes book window manually through the book icon and tried the hotkey again, and then tried the "pin" button at the top right of the recipes window, then tried the hotkey a third few times.

Hah I think I know right now what's going on. Maybe I didn't explain clear enough. There is no o hotkey (at least in last public version). There is 'o' button which looks like o in upper left corner of recipe book. I hope that's it :)

Ooooh! D'oh haha... I feel so dumb :P Yeah I've seen that button and it works just fine ^_^; I thought you meant that by pressing "O" the recipes book would show up or something :P.

Okay sooo... everything works marvellously haha. Sorry again about the hassle :oops:. And thanks a lot for your replies and help nonetheless :).

Cheers!

+Omegapl: Sorry to bother you again but, could you please give me a hand as to how would I go about getting this to work on my personal multiplayer server? (server I host for my friends and I).

I see in +RobertJohnson's Administrate Server guide that there is a line in which I need to type in the name of the mod the server will use... Is that enough? just type in the name of your mod and that'll get it working? (provided the players also have the mod installed)

Also, what exactly is the name I should input in that line?

Thanks a lot in advance :) I'm fairly new to PZ since I last touched it years ago, let alone multiplayer :P

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh... nevermind I think I get it. What I need to do is add the name of your mod as it is in the folder that goes into the mods directory. So in this case the "Mods" line for my server with your mod running would look like this (I think):

Mods=CraftHelper

We'll see :P

Anyway, Cheers!

Edited by MonaBabii

• 1 month later...

I did make a small code change to your mod to help with troubleshooting some of our recipes.  All it does is give a list of items that the recipes are um not correct enough to cause an error with CraftHelper.  This helps a whole ton since the recipes were truly missing something or just plain messed up.

Line 14 Debug_Save_List = "";

Line 80 Debug_Save_List = Debug_Save_List .. ", " .. recipe:getModule():getName() .. ":" .. recipe:getName()

and I enabled the code at 277, just to get the whole debug thing to start.

I did notice with the current change it doesn't like the Cut Animal (Specifically the bird one).

Could you do me a favor and replace local writer = FileWriter.new(javaFile) with getFileWriter? That would prevent it from cluttering my homedirectory with a file(!) named "Zomboid\Lua\CraftHelper\FavoriteList.dat" and correctly put it into the directory "Zomoid/Lua/CraftHelper/".

Could you do me a favor and replace local writer = FileWriter.new(javaFile) with getFileWriter? That would prevent it from cluttering my homedirectory with a file(!) named "Zomboid\Lua\CraftHelper\FavoriteList.dat" and correctly put it into the directory "Zomoid/Lua/CraftHelper/".

what OS and version of PZ  do you use? On my computer win7 and PZ 30.16 file is created correctly 

what OS and version of PZ  do you use? On my computer win7 and PZ 30.16 file is created correctly 

Linux and 30.16

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, first off love the mod and can't play without it especially with other mods that don't have good crafting documentation. Now onto the issue I'm having. I can't seem to get the big recipe book to open when I click the book icon. I can use the craft helper button when I right click items in my inventory perfectly fine. I am running windows 8.1, Zomboid build 31.13, and craft helper 1.5b. I hope you can get this fixed as soon as possible and keep up the good work.

-Dvine

EDIT: Turns out it wasn't your mod and it was Hydrocraft, which is currently the only other mod I'm using. Hopefully i can figure out what in Hydrocraft is making it so your recipe book won't open properly.