Memorize player

Wasteland

Nice idea, but it'll be inificient if you happen to change your mind in the middle of the game. There would also be various trouble reconizining friendly players... This should be a yes if you could customise your character even more.

Well, this option can be re-editable. Like u meet someone and memorize him as "someone seen"

After a while he tells u, that his name is Jack, and u RMB again and change his name from "someone seen" to "Jack"

Shuld be working like bag-naming.

"bag-naming", now all of the sudden I like this idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be great. "survivor encountered" when you spot someone. then let you go in to a list of encountered players and, rename them and add a description later.

If you get attacked by another player you don't want to be typing out a name and description while they bludgeon you to death.

*edit* maybe they could be "remembered" with the date and time as a temporary name. Then let you go into your list of survivors and a update them with a nickname and full description.

The name you enter should show above there the character when you see them and mouse over them to see "notes" you entered int he description.

eg.

[bearded man] 'attacked me in hardware store'

[thieving bitch] 'think she looted my safe house' 

[friendly carpenter] 'helped me build rain my catchers'

[loud mouth] 'always making noise - unsafe'

Well, we used to play FOnline, its a fallout 2 online mod, so its simple there.

Right mouse button over character ->

thers menu with options:

Look at...

Memorize as ...

Trade With...

If u choose mamorize u can type in a name u like, after it you will se the name above characters head. That simple.

I spoke with some modders, but so far impossible to make right now...or we are just noobs, lol.

• 5 months later...

Hmm, idk if that's a good idea what if you ran into a raider that looked and dressed just like your friend. You thinking he forgot something at the base, you would go up to him thinking he's your buddy then BLAM! You dead and all yer crap is gone. it would be a pain in the ass imo. Maybe if the character models were higher res with A LOT More customization options. That would then not be TOO MUCH of a problem.

Hmm, idk if that's a good idea what if you ran into a raider that looked and dressed just like your friend. You thinking he forgot something at the base, you would go up to him thinking he's your buddy then BLAM! You dead and all yer crap is gone. it would be a pain in the ass imo. Maybe if the character models were higher res with A LOT More customization options. That would then not be TOO MUCH of a problem.

Higher res models would lag like hell, but more customization is definitely needed after they implement npcs. A blue down jacket can make the difference between greeting a friend and greeting the barrel of a shotgun.

• 3 weeks later...