Build 27 MP

JensTheViking

Hi.

I'm experiencing the same problems as in build 26:

"The gameplay is very glitchy and the zed dissapear every now and then. The map won't load fast enough so you end up running against a black wall until it does." -exluding the black walls (i didn't play for very long)

Also the logging in process takes quite a while. So does anyone have any idea what to do? And no, it's not about the power of my computer that would be the issue.

• What are the specs of the server?
    - [EVENTS][PVE]Central Europe, IP 46.127.2.128

• What OS is the server running on?
    - Windows 7, fully updated

• What is your connection speed? speedtest.net
    - it varies but from 22 Mb/s to 50Mb/s

• Did you try to fix your problem and how?
    - no, don't know where to begin

• What's the issue, exactly and what did you try to fix it?
    - The gameplay is very glitchy / laggy and the zed dissapear every now and then. Also the logging in process takes quite a while.

• Is the server being run on a VPS or home computer?
    - I dunno...

• 3 weeks later...

This is my Server so I made an account to answer.

Stats are.

Windows 8.1

Intel i7-3930K @ 4.25 GHz

16GB Ram of which 8GB are allocated to the server (max Usage was around 4.5GB)

15Mbit/s Upload

Dedicated SSD

The Server is still up and many players report the same problem.I am experiencing it too. Some Asians and Americans are regularly playing on the Server (located in Switzerland) thus i figured it cannot be worse than on other servers.. I watched network load and computer performance very closely, tried various changes but nothing really improved the situation.

You can still join under the same ip and look for yourself 

You're bottlenecked by your upload speed. The black wall happens when your server has to upload more info than it can. Things it has to upload includes every loaded zombie position, newly discovered map items, creating new offmap zombies, etc. If the bottleneck persists, it can eventually drop clients on accident and leave people permanently trapped against a black wall. Reduce the number of players or the number of zombies to fix the black wall, or increase your upload speed. Your internet contract might be giving you a lot less upload power than download, since most people don't need that much. IDK how it works in America, but where I live, your ISP can also secretly bottleneck your upload if it looks like you're doing something illegal with it over a long period of time.

I don't know this for sure, of course, but it's my problem. I have two computers with dramatically different upload speeds because one is using a trash USB wireless internet card to connect to my router, which limits its up/down a ton. The only time my main computer gets the glitch is when my server is full of people and zombies are set to insane. The number of players seems to multiply the amount of internet my server needs to avoid getting the black wall, as does having the players split up playing in different areas instead of together in the same area.

If that's the case, increasing the number of available ports (assuming you're reaching the max used for the number of people playing) might help alleviate the issue.

I see the same problems as described in the OP when playing, but I'm located in Canada.

I monitor the network load. In the last 45min i uploaded 60MB.  Currently theres not much going on but still always some peeps playing. 

And it happens to me too and everyone in my network despite 1Gbit speed.

Doesnt look to me like upload speed is a factor here.

EDIT: There are plenty of ports open. As I already said i tried various things in the last 3 weeks (server almost non stop running)

This is a fantastic server! The admin is responsible and the lag is not as bad compared to other servers (experiencing lag is normal and it's really not that bad here). Zombies are challenging (thus more fun to play and promotes great teamwork). The admin also constantly checks the server and readily resolves any glitches that players experience. ;)

Truth is I am from Singapore and has been playing on the server for the past 2 weeks, haven't receive any major issues. Occasional slow speed, ( zombies disappearing and black wall issue) but those happens either during players exceed 20 or zombies over 100 in single screen. The rest of the time the server runs fine. Relatively a lot faster than other european servers or central europe server I've played in. 

I've played in about 5-6 servers last week but stick to this one because except issues which is prevalent in every servers (zombies lag sometimes and black wall issue during busy session, sometime the zombies hordes lags my com but i guess that's my own computer problem...), the server runs extremely well. Has some of the best admin I've ever met as a self host server, solve problems promptly, always online to monitor the server and communicate with the players together to find bugs and issue. 

So I highly compliment and recommend this server. 

BTW, my com spec is:

Macbook Pro 15' 2011

Intel core i7 2.2GHz

4GB 1333MHz DDR 3

internet speed: 150Mb ( real download speed average 800kbps to 20mbps)

Han

Is there any chance that additional maps (Bedford Falls v2 and/or Dreadwood) are installed (mean merged...)?

BTW probably have the same issues with my own server: ennormous latency spikes and black borders. Sometimes ping (ingame declared only, but not the real network) jumps to unthinkable numbers (build 27 hotfix 1 and now updated to hotfix 2) without any visible reasons (definitely it's not a connection, RAM, CPU or firewall/antivirus issue, same on localhost, lan, VPN, internet).