My Proud Moment

TinnedEpic

I just had probably one of the most epic moments playing Project Zomboid... and now I'm sharing it with you guys :D.

So my most recent game I said "I'm gonna live in the heart of the city, where all the zombies are". Most people live on the outskirts of the city, or on the farms away from heavy zombie populations I wanted to see if it was possible to not only survive but even thrive.

Everything is going great, I fortified the Sunstar Hotel to be my castle and I had an abundance of food, weapons, water (electricity and water has stopped in my game) & building tools. I experience from time to time minor zombie invasions but nothing I couldn't handle. But just now I experienced my first full all out zombie invasion; Hundreds of zombies.

And I survived...

z2pw.jpg

2t37.jpg

xiaq.jpg

ovbk.jpg

8qoj.jpg

I could have fled, but after I had spent so mush time and effort into building my fort I wasn't about to let zombies get the better of me and force me out of my home just like they had so many times before. I stood my ground. In total I expended just over 200 shotgun shells and think killed just under 1000 zombies (not sure how many zombies I had killed before this happened). Naturally using the shotgun draw more zombies from around the area thus increasing the number of zombies attacking.

This was one of those moments, Instead of fleeing I fought and I prevailed. It's moments like this that make project zomboid a rewarding game. Unfortunately I was bitten in the process. So now I'm hoping that I become the lucky 0.1% chance of No infection. So far 1 night has passed with no sickness moodle.

So I ask, has anyone here had a moment where they feel proud they were able to overcome an extreme challenge in PZ?

Does keeping fed and medicated help to fight off the infection at all? And this is the place I'm trying to set up at: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5130190926716138,0.40118481221221103,102.66666666666669 I'm trying to figure out how I can set up a farm without a bunch of zombies mauling me. I think I might build a wall from the upper corner of the garage (so it encases the garage door) and lead it up to the corner of the house in a box formation.

Doing that would give me room for a small farm and a few rain collectors I hope...

It's amazing you survived all that though, it's really impressive :3

Gosh, you're  a trully warrior :D

But you got bitten ?... Well... Sorry, you're not my friend anymore... :P

lol, getting bitten I guess is the price you pay for trying to take on the horde. My punishment for playing project zomboid the way I wasn't meant to be played. :P

Aww that's sad I was enjoying our friendship.

Does keeping fed and medicated help to fight off the infection at all? And this is the place I'm trying to set up at: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5130190926716138,0.40118481221221103,102.66666666666669 I'm trying to figure out how I can set up a farm without a bunch of zombies mauling me. I think I might build a wall from the upper corner of the garage (so it encases the garage door) and lead it up to the corner of the house in a box formation.

Doing that would give me room for a small farm and a few rain collectors I hope...

lol may not have survived, I'm about to find out. If the next 24 hours igt I don't show symptoms then I'm in the clear.

Unfortunately no, there is nothing you can do if your infected, you can keep your heal up as much as possible but i think it's after 2-3 days of infection you die regardless of health. If I am infected I might just load up and go out in style, take as many with me as I can.

Good thing about the area your in is you have plenty of open space for farming, but yeah I'd say build a wall since your close to a zombie populated area. Best way to avoid zombie encounters during this time is lead them away with gunfire. That'll at least give you a few days to a week of peace while building. If you haven't got an axe also remember sledgehammers also cut down trees (their not as good at cutting down trees but their still able to do it with ease), Tis what I'm using atm.

He did good, but now let's shoot him and live in his fortress. (clyde)

aww hellz no! :P

That's wicked sick!  :shock:

But I bet they will keep coming.

Well i did find a horde close by at the Fossoil Gas Station. Not a big one but still pretty close for comfort. I might take the rest of my shotgun rounds and try finish them off too.

I think you might have actually survived the bite if you went a day without any sickness. But I'd still keep yourself fed and medicated just in case.

Does that help? As far as I understand it your infected upon bite and it's only a day or 2 later you actually find out.

Edit: Welp looks like it's time to load up and go out in style. I'm infected.

Gosh, you're  a trully warrior :D

But you got bitten ?... Well... Sorry, you're not my friend anymore... :P

lol, getting bitten I guess is the price you pay for trying to take on the horde. My punishment for playing project zomboid the way I wasn't meant to be played. :P

Aww that's sad I was enjoying our friendship.

lol may not have survived, I'm about to find out. If the next 24 hours igt I don't show symptoms then I'm in the clear.

Unfortunately no, there is nothing you can do if your infected, you can keep your heal up as much as possible but i think it's after 2-3 days of infection you die regardless of health. If I am infected I might just load up and go out in style, take as many with me as I can.

Good thing about the area your in is you have plenty of open space for farming, but yeah I'd say build a wall since your close to a zombie populated area. Best way to avoid zombie encounters during this time is lead them away with gunfire. That'll at least give you a few days to a week of peace while building. If you haven't got an axe also remember sledgehammers also cut down trees (their not as good at cutting down trees but their still able to do it with ease), Tis what I'm using atm.

He did good, but now let's shoot him and live in his fortress. (clyde)

aww hellz no! :P

That's wicked sick!  :shock:

But I bet they will keep coming.

Well i did find a horde close by at the Fossoil Gas Station. Not a big one but still pretty close for comfort. I might take the rest of my shotgun rounds and try finish them off too.

I think you might have actually survived the bite if you went a day without any sickness. But I'd still keep yourself fed and medicated just in case.

Does that help? As far as I understand it your infected upon bite and it's only a day or 2 later you actually find out.

Edit: Welp looks like it's time to load up and go out in style. I'm infected.

Yeah, I was gonna say, give it another day or two to see. You might just be sick bro. Don't go suiciding in style, try to survive the infection like I do. In all my time of playing PZ and doing that instead of Ramboing all the zeds upon a bite, I've survived a bite once.

I went on living and eventually died from zombification. I perished one fine morning watching the sun rise from the top of my fort. I feel it was a rather peaceful passing.

Aww, that's too sad, after that story I was rooting for your survival!

I had a character, she got scratched, I hoped she would survive because a scratch has a fairly decent survival rate. But alas she developed a fever. I played it out anyway as I usually do, get my best weapons and exact some heavy vengeance. Then when the last stage of the fever sets in get I madly drunk on the whiskey bottles found sofar falling asleep into an intoxicated coma.

And then the next morning the sickness was gone! The sun was shining, birds whistling, another day started. All the zombies had left the neighborhood after the onslaught of the day before. Life was beautifull!

And I remembered the hypochondriac trait!

(Of course she died 2 days later when walking into a bathroom that was already inhabited by 5 corpses and getting grabbed and eaten on the spot, you win some you lose some)

Big kudo's to whomever put the hypochondriac trait into the game :)

Good job on killing all those zombies, they should make this an achievement in the game in the future once the game is released on Steam. Though, would you still have killed all those zombies if NPCS were in the game? And if the NPCs tried to kill you while fighting the zombies, would you survive to speak of the tale?

Good job on killing all those zombies, they should make this an achievement in the game in the future once the game is released on Steam. Though, would you still have killed all those zombies if NPCS were in the game? And if the NPCs tried to kill you while fighting the zombies, would you survive to speak of the tale?

achivments overall would be awesome

Achievements could be days survived (offcourse), zombies killed (doh), found an axe, survived a scratch, survived a bite, visiting various places on the map (Farms, trailer camping, logging co, airport) Cooked first food, farmed first crop. built first wall. I'm sure we can think up at least 50 more. :)

I think I'm living my proudest moment right now, day 12, water and electricity have cut out, all spoilables in the game are rotten, I got my own vegetable garden with way too few plants and they're going to take way too long to be harvestable. But 12 days is about twice as long as my previous attempts.

The big trick is that this time I avoid the zombies like, ehm, the plague.. The kill counter indicates somewhere above 1500, but that's nonsense, I can't have killed more than 20.