Running SoftWipe.bat on a linux system?

zyros

Hey everyone, I'm currently running a dedicated PZ server on Debian 7.  I've successfully managed to soft-reset a locally hosted test server on windows with the SoftWipe.bat file, so I managed to figure out the process.  My problem is when I try to do it on my Linux server.  Does anyone know how I can go about converting the .bat into a script for Linux, or does anyone know where I can find someone who has already done this?

Sorry in advance if I'm missing something obvious - like a file I can simply install to run .bat files on Linux or something.  I'm pretty new at Linux.

So after some additional searching, I read something mentioning that the current iwillbackupmysave version of PZ fixes the memory problems with the SoftWipe.bat file.  Tested it and indeed it does!  

I'm still interested in finding out the answer to my original question, but to anyone else trying to do a softwipe on a linux server, you can simply download the map files to your windows PC, change your PZ installation to the iwillbackupmysave version, run the batch file, and then upload the cleaned files back to your linux server.  

I was already aware of this workaround before, but since my windows computer is a wimpy 4-gig compared to the linux server I'm renting, I could only reset 10 files at a time before the program crashed.  Screw.  That.  The fixed .bat file does the trick!

There's no .bat shipped with the game currently as far as I know. On both platforms, soft reset is performed simply by adding -Dsoftreset to the commandline parameters. You may also need to allocate more memory by increasing the -Xms and -Xmx parameters.