What are your tips on maximizing farming?

jhepong24

My advice :

Don't try to make big farm, make a lot of small farm instead, why ? Just because of disease, if ONE plant have a disease, the sickness can spread all over your farm...

Also, when it'll be fixed (for .16), build a lot of rain collector barrel around your crops.

Also : protect them, zombie/npc can walk over your crops and destroy them.

And finally, don't try to make a too big farm at beggining, try to level up your farming skill first, so then, you could maximize them, by looking at the info and know exactly what your plants need.

Broccoli are good to start, and then strewberries/carrots are the most difficult but you'll have great rewards :)

And be carefull with the weather, don't try to plant during winter or too hot summer...

Did I say I added moon cycle too.. ? :D

oh crap i made a 4x4 farm. i planted brocolli and some carrots and cabbages.

and now disease is spreading.

the info wrote "sickly" what do i do?

does the rain really water my crops? coz after the rain ive been looking at infos and they're still dry or parched.

im farming at the woods cabin. why do zeds always find me? everyday they show up in great numbers too near my cabin.

ive been luring them away ever since with my shotgun. now im planning to build walls just in case.

thanks RJ  =)

ive been luring them away ever since with my shotgun. now im planning to build walls just in case.

When you lure them away with a shotgun it may also be bringing some to you, making it totally contradictory. Try yelling at them instead (Q if I remember right) It still lures them away but not as loud as a weapon. And walls are always a good idea anyway.

does the rain really water my crops? coz after the rain ive been looking at infos and they're still dry or parched.

Yeah, I gotta say that for as rainy as Kentucky seems to be - the water reqs for the crop seem a little over the top.  We've got a small tomato plant and pepper plant out on the balcony, and they're fine with a cup or so every couple of days.  It seems like if I wasn't dumping an entire watering can on a crop daily, it was at risk to death.

Or was this just my lousy farming skill?

And be carefull with the weather, don't try to plant during winter or too hot summer...

Did I say I added moon cycle too.. ? :D

Hey, I can't see weather icon. It only shows up for about half a second during the start of the game.

• 6 months later...